Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Honest Opinion From Not-So-New-Player!

Voxinor

Hello, Tenno community!

I'm fiki574, 18 years old student, C#/C++ experienced programmer, casual-to-hard-core gamer. My total playtime is 16 hours at this moment, but I got the basics and not-basics stuff of the game and already have a level 30 excalibur (lul).

I love this game, it's so addicting. I already bought platinum points in value of 40$ and will do so every now and then since this game really has some potential. I'm gonna make a list of my own opinion about things that bother me. Really bother me. (NOTE: I know that this game is still in beta, so please no hard feeling, kthx)

• Level repeating - alright, I get it, 13 planets and missions had to be done, but I really don't like repeating of game environment in same level. Passing through same hallways over and over and over again can confuse a player, and frustrate too. I don't mind repeating parts of level on planet, but I really mind repeating parts of level on that same level.

• Poor tutorial - you just explain basics of fighting and game. That's it. I spent numerous hours of figuring out how leveling up, mod system and buying works. Yes, I know, there's a Wiki available, but would it kill you to make a bit richer tutorial? Don't think so.

• Host migration - takes too long. I know that takes time, but seriously waiting up to 2 minutes for host migration is a lot.

• Cutscenes - I think you can do a lot better than simple spaceship-approaching-other-spaceship over and over again. Also, leaving the spaceship is boring - placing yourself in some sort of capsule that then goes into space ain't much fun. Every here and there you could add something 'cooler'.

Best regards,

Fiki! :)

Edited by fiki574

Pleased to meet you and a belated welcome to Warframe!

The body of your post is not an introduction, so I'm afraid it don't belong here. Please post it in the appropriate "____ feedback" forum, where a proper discussion with other players can be held about the points you bring up.

Edited by michaelwii

Welcome, Tenno!

While it is good to meet you, listing your issues with game in the "Introductions" forum is probably not the place to get more exposure.  There are other forums thread groups that are specific to feedback about each of the topics that you have mentioned.

I am glad the title is addicting for you as it is for me as well!

Good hunting, Tenno!

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

Level Repeating - Hopefully we'll see continual expansions of existing tilesets. I know the Grineer Galleon got a bunch of new rooms with the last update.

Poor Tutorial - They know, and are working on it.

Host Migration - I don't know enough about it to comment. I've never had to wait 2 minutes.

Cutscenes - I agree and disagree. I agree that more variation would be nice. But it's low priority. The exit sequence is fine, in my opinion, but it would be nice if you could see any enemies that chased you up to the exit point get sucked into space as you leave.

I guess the lrevel repeating and cutscene issues will solve themselves in the future, as DE puts more and more time in the design. I am pretty sure they are giving their best already and there are a lot things still to come.

But I have never experienced host migration of 2 minutes.

I'll address these bullet by bullet

- the levels while very similar have gotten a lot more expansive and detailed then they used to be. Each level now draws upon a pretty large number of rooms in a tileset and is arranged by a random level generator each time. Therefore you are not playing the same level over and over again, but instead attacking ships/stations built in a similar but different fashion. Makes perfect sense. There is also talk of new tilesets coming out soon.

- I actually like the lack of tutorial for everything. Gamers nowadays have gotten too reliant on games telling them exactly how things work. I like that this game give you the basics on how to move, fight, and explains a bit of the purpose but leave the player responsible for figuring out the more advanced movement/combat techniques. Its really not difficult and I intuitively figured out a lot of the game quite quickly. 

- Host migration is a problem. I believe DE is trying to find a way to fix it. It is also based on your internet connection and the connection of those you are playing with, so depending on who's 'fault' it is the time could vary quite a bit. 

- I complete agree that we could use some start and end mission scenes. Perhaps new ways of infiltrating the ship. But we don't really need full cutscenes. DE is slowly adding in new load screens and working on story missions. I imagine cutscenes will come with that and more varied opening/ending scenes may come in the future. 

Finally, if you really like the game and plan on spending the money, I would suggest just upgrading to the founder's package. It would save you money overall and if you drop $100 you can get access to the design council and help influence the game and get sneak peeks. 

And, of course, welcome Tenno. Glad to have another in our ranks. Feel free to hit me up in game anytime. 

Point 1

It's a Dungeon Crawler, you have no other option. You will never find the same level twice. Might be almost entirely the same, but surely there is a room somewhere, or a locked door that was unlocked in the previous map.

Although might be repeating, it's not the level which is the problem, is the systematic gameplay of a Dungeon Cralwer ARPG.

Point 2

Poor Tutorial? Might be if you're a 9years old teen. I'm 23 atm, and i still love the "tutorial" of Legend of Zelda, Lnk to the Past. I'll even tell you here the only "tutorial" it has: "Hold A button to spin sword, it's a technique passed by our ancestors".

Therefore, the Tutorial is awesome, anything else, is pure action-reaction. Test it, there is not a tutorial on which mods are best for which weapon and enemy.

Point 3

Host migration is slow? Too bad, not De fault/problem, since the Host migration is based on the previous host connection, so if he sucks, the migration will be slow, if he does not suck, the migration will be fast.

I also advise you to go to Option and decrease your Ping Limit, this will reduce the encounters with laggy hosts.

Point 4

IMO, the cutscenes could be better, just like you said, but not worth the time needed for it, at least, for the moment.

PS: 16h in a DCG is the same as waking up as a new born baby. I have 241h and i still find is a small amount of time for making such a "descritive" thread.

Regards

Your friendly Tenno, Endrance

Oh my, easy now my fellow, Tenno!  We know he is new compared to amny who are at 200+, 300+, 400+ hours ... etc.

Fiki, I recommend looking up the LiveStreams for Warframe.  If you have the time, review the LiveStreams and you will see the evolution and their goals of how they came to where they are.  Many people who are new and list complaints do not have the complete picture of what is planned, what has been identified as an issue, and what they are currently working on.

For example, before Update 10, we will receive new tile sets for the Grineer Outpost.  DE_Steve mentioned this I believe in LiveStream 9 or 10.  In the Design Council forum area (available to Masters and Grand Masters), you will see their ideas for new rooms in the Dojo (clan house). 

These are but a couple of examples that there is more at play than what you have experienced thus far.

I hope this helps in some way,

WindHorse

Edited by WindHorse

Pleased to meet you and a belated welcome to Warframe!

The body of your post is not an introduction, so I'm afraid it don't belong here. Please post it in the appropriate "____ feedback" forum, where a proper discussion with other players can be held about the points you bring up.

Thanks.

I didn't know that, thanks for redirecting me correctly.

Welcome, Tenno!

While it is good to meet you, listing your issues with game in the "Introductions" forum is probably not the place to get more exposure.  There are other forums thread groups that are specific to feedback about each of the topics that you have mentioned.

I am glad the title is addicting for you as it is for me as well!

Good hunting, Tenno!

WindHorse

Quantum Entanglement

Thanks.

Registered 18 July and calling himself "not-so-new". That's cute :D

ambrosiasw-noob.jpg

;)

Not-so-funny :/

I'll address these bullet by bullet

- the levels while very similar have gotten a lot more expansive and detailed then they used to be. Each level now draws upon a pretty large number of rooms in a tileset and is arranged by a random level generator each time. Therefore you are not playing the same level over and over again, but instead attacking ships/stations built in a similar but different fashion. Makes perfect sense. There is also talk of new tilesets coming out soon.

- I actually like the lack of tutorial for everything. Gamers nowadays have gotten too reliant on games telling them exactly how things work. I like that this game give you the basics on how to move, fight, and explains a bit of the purpose but leave the player responsible for figuring out the more advanced movement/combat techniques. Its really not difficult and I intuitively figured out a lot of the game quite quickly. 

- Host migration is a problem. I believe DE is trying to find a way to fix it. It is also based on your internet connection and the connection of those you are playing with, so depending on who's 'fault' it is the time could vary quite a bit. 

- I complete agree that we could use some start and end mission scenes. Perhaps new ways of infiltrating the ship. But we don't really need full cutscenes. DE is slowly adding in new load screens and working on story missions. I imagine cutscenes will come with that and more varied opening/ending scenes may come in the future. 

Finally, if you really like the game and plan on spending the money, I would suggest just upgrading to the founder's package. It would save you money overall and if you drop $100 you can get access to the design council and help influence the game and get sneak peeks. 

And, of course, welcome Tenno. Glad to have another in our ranks. Feel free to hit me up in game anytime. 

Alright, thanks for the tip.

Oh my, easy now my fellow, Tenno!  We know he is new compared to amny who are at 200+, 300+, 400+ hours ... etc.

Fiki, I recommend looking up the LiveStreams for Warframe.  If you have the time, review the LiveStreams and you will see the evolution and their goals of how they came to where they are.  Many people who are new and list complaints do not have the complete picture of what is planned, what has been identified as an issue, and what they are currently working on.

For example, before Update 10, we will receive new tile sets for the Grineer Outpost.  DE_Steve mentioned this I believe in LiveStream 9 or 10.  In the Design Council forum area (available to Masters and Grand Masters), you will see their ideas for new rooms in the Dojo (clan house). 

These are but a couple of examples that there is more at play than what you have experienced thus far.

I hope this helps in some way,

WindHorse

Oh, I don't really have much time for livestreams as I'm on vacation, plus barely have 2 hours a day to just play the game. Also, the livestreams are held in time when I'm not able to watch them.

Edited by fiki574

Point 1

It's a Dungeon Crawler, you have no other option. You will never find the same level twice. Might be almost entirely the same, but surely there is a room somewhere, or a locked door that was unlocked in the previous map.

Although might be repeating, it's not the level which is the problem, is the systematic gameplay of a Dungeon Cralwer ARPG.

PS: 16h in a DCG is the same as waking up as a new born baby. I have 241h and i still find is a small amount of time for making such a "descritive" thread.

Regards

Your friendly Tenno, Endrance

1.It's not the repetitive rooms that gets me, it's trying to picture just how exactly this ship/base looks in reality. Some of these ships I've been on must have been designed by a Picasso aspirant.

ps: I know that feeling. 334 hours according to steam, I'm only rank 7 mastery. I get that I piddle fart around, but I couldn't possibly screw off THAT much. . .

Edited by Stinker

i want to talk about level repetation

is it necessary to make so many mission while only changing level of enemies and random around the few maps

the problems is outter rim planet is difficult to find people to play unless it is famous for farming

more than half of the mission on outter rim need to solo becuase no one playing on there, the others is luckly find someone join your game

or stay not play forever. especially rescue  or defense which is impossible to solo because of high level enemies.

actually  it is totally the same if you allow choose different map, mission type and difficulties

this can simplify the UI so less bug occur during selecing planet or whatever bug inside the interface

while concentrate more player to play the same mission and reduce the waiting time. 

what is now doing is to make new comer to have an impression , yeah we get thousand of missions.

but actually it is just misleading after u play more than 10 hours to releaize.