The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×
The Lotus Eaters: Known Issues ×

Vaubans' Vortex Near Defense Artifact Container May Literally Crash The Game.

SkacikPLz

Something i've noticed during an alert defense mission which i could not finish.

Vauban casted vortex almost right on the artifact container (the slim, vertical one, not the usual defense pod).

It started sucking in the infested which ragdolls started colliding with the artifact container.

Obviously game couldn't resolve the physics, ragdolls started stretching, bringing performance to a crawl (60-40 fps all the way down to 8 fps).

This lasted for less than a minute and then the game finally crashed.

From my experience, Warframe has general performance problem whenever ragdolls have trouble.

One or two ragdolls which can't get to sleep mode(no longer moving) will bring down the performance, but a vortex full of ragdolls will crash the game in mere seconds if they happen to colide with a solid object.

Bump on this thread. Just got the same as the thread starter here.

I was vauban. We were on Void T3 Mobile Defense.

Video lag was already at 20FPS or less, everyone was getting video lag issues and we got overwhelmed easily, like 70 enemies more or less all together and very near the console we had to defend.

We were going to lose because of this so I dropped a vortex into the mass of enemies and FPS began to drop down to 1 or 2 FPS and then the game crashed for everyone.

As far as I know the issue seems to have something to do with the ragdoll physics, and issues multiplies with vauban's vortex ability. 

And it has to do also with the host lag:

Everytime I host my FPS drop from 50 to 20 average. When someone else hosts everything is fine for me but host gets the video lag.

When the host has a crappy PC, everyone has the video lag and is unplayable, plus if you are in a void defense you will crash.

This game is unplayable right now, I can't do a void mission without this happening.

I think I got the same problem just some minutes ago. We was doing the mobile defense mission from the Alert. We was at the last pod. 2 Vauban and 2 Rhino (I was with rhino).

There was a Bastille and a Vortex near the pod. I used a Roar and Rhino Stomp then boom... warframe crashed. I got huge fps lag before the crash.

WAR-72079

Nova's M.Prime + Vauban's Vortex + PhysX On + 20 or more mobs = instant crash to desktop. Even worse on Void maps.

If one player crashes from that seemingly average mix, any other players who joined on him/her will also crash to desktop.This has been proven by all my friends, who all use Teamspeak, who all have up to date computer hardware, who all have been and still beta test other games and are around the same age of the DE staff. 

Reproduction steps:

4 player Endless Defense or 4 player Tier 3 Mobile Defense. Tileset does not matter; amount of mobs dieing at once does.

1 Player host, 2nd player join on host.

3rd player join on 2nd player.

4th player join on 3rd player.

1st player throws out 2 Vortexs. Let the mobs gather up and swirl all around.

3rd player uses M.Prime on the giant balls of swirly mobs. (this is the key part as the mobs are all extremely stretched/ragdolled out while being held; bad sign of PhysX going downhill)

Any player blows up the M.Prime.

3rd player crashes straight to desktop and takes 4th player with.

1st and 2nd players stay in game fine.

It does not matter if the explosion is on your screen when it goes off. We've tested that too by having all players look away from the explosion. It will still crash to desktop.

Does not matter if you have a separate dedicated GPU to run PhysX.

It's worse when the Nova and Vauban join on each other and use their powers in combination. They will crash to desktop every time. The games Engine just can't keep up with the PhysX.

-----------------------

Not complaining about any Frames powers at all. But DE needs to look at performance now that they have added in new content. Playing the game on all low settings or default ones is not the solution. Fixing PhysX and or the Engine's Code is needed in a game where we get to play 'over the top' Ninjas =) I will complain about one thing, and thats losing out on some good mod drops from the crashing and making the team start all over with a hope that it does not crash again.

So, time for some performance patches; please DE. Leave the fluff out for a month or so and stabilize this game. It's only going to get worse when you introduce the new Grineer Settlements outdoors.

Nova's M.Prime + Vauban's Vortex + PhysX On + 20 or more mobs = instant crash to desktop. Even worse on Void maps.

Hi optyk,

Thank you very much for your feedback as this post helped us greatly in tracking down the issue. We have just been able to reproduce the Vortex/M.Prime crash on our end and are currently in the process of investigating a fix. Unfortunately I am not quite sure when a fix will be submitted, however once it arrives you should see it posted in the patch notes.