The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Good Weapons To Charge Up Nova's Antimatter Drop?

JefPlays

Question

As I'm sure you all know, Nova's Antimatter Drop becomes a LOT more powerful if it's shot at a bit first. But the question I have is: what weapons will let you get the most out of it?

Here's a short list I have of weapons that could work well:

-Braton & variants: With the exception of the Mk-1, these weapons all seem to have pretty decent DPS as well as good accuracy. Good potential

-Dera: Braton-like DPS but with zero recoil and pinpoint accuracy. However, I've found mine's damage output to be... lacking so far

-Gorgon: Accuracy notwithstanding, this thing's sheer DPS should be able to get a huge damage boost going

-Supra: Same as above

-Acrid/Kunai/Despair: Pretty obvious, complete cheese but that's kinda the point. Maybe less the throwing knives due to dropoff

-Flux/Spectra: Apparently does quite well according to some folks, but I'm skeptical myself due to their short range and high ammo consumption

So, what do you lot think? Is this a fair short-list of choices, or am I completely missing something?

12 answers to this question

I, too am interested in this.

So far, I've been using a full clip from Hek or Despair to boost my Drop damage, but have used a Vandaltron a few times with good results.

Stretch helps increase the explosion radius significantly, but now I break all the windows...

Edited by Reithur

I use a Spectra, and the shorter range doesn't really affect much, as I usually immediately aim and unload after initiating Antimatter Drop anyways.

Like the Flux user above me said, it's quite satisfying. When the Drop doesn't go invisible, of course.

I've also used a Dera, and yeah it doesn't seem to be the best thing for loading Antimatter Drops...