Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Braking with Archwing

Bibliothekar

Can our Archwings please get better brakes for the Plains? As it stands, the best way to bring my Amesha to a halt without having to use half the length of the plains for braking is to just fly head-on into a tree or rock. This isn't much fun. Also, I think it'd be mighty fine if Shift+S allowed us to break harder instead of boosting us forward. Cause that makes no sense - I point my engines forward, let them fire, and speed up?

5 hours ago, Gravitus123 said:

I believe i saw a post saying that archwing motion is basically broken.Braking is next to impossible and you could pretty much fly over the whole map while trying to stop.Though im not certain if De even knows about since they havent said anything

yup that is basically what I have to do if I want to stay in archwing mode.

On 12/19/2017 at 1:11 AM, Proslackernifty said:

I had this problem today... I was flying across the plains (first time using archwing in plains)  and I couldn't figure out how to stop.  I eventually just pressed e to get out of it.  Is there something I'm missing?

No not really. I use the Itzal(fastest one) I was going so fast that after I hit melee I was stuck against a wall for a few seconds as I had to slow down. I’ve tried rolling back pressing the reverse button still takes me a while to slow. Feels like they mixed up the mechanics this type should be in space and the space one should be on plains

Another fun thing is when you jump out of your archwing and it drags you back about 50m, because that's the distance you covered in what little time it took for the host to process the command. And that's not even on laggy hosts, only because of the ludicrous speeds you can reach.