Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ammo Mutator's Broken For Teammates

Volt_Cruelerz

Right now, it appears that somehow ammo mutators are breaking ammo drops.  I think it is getting caused by converting ammo once the player with the mod has run over it.  I mean..  I just got out of a T3 defense in which I had to burn five ammo boxes just to keep fighting because of all the broken ammo drops.  I told the guy with the mod to stop running over rifle ammo (I was using a heavily modded flux), but his response was "but I need ammo."

I mean..  I was getting rifle ammo converted into pistol ammo when I had almost zero rifle ammo.

I'm sorry, I'm just upset that we lost because of this (I needed to refill my ammo via another ammo box rather than gathering up the dozen around me because they were broken and we were getting swarmed so I didn't have time for it and we lost on wave 20 -_-).

So.. now that I'm.. slightly less upset, I'll try to summarize the elements of it..

-When an ally has this mod and you run over ammo, one of three things can happen: the ammo can function normally, the ammo is treated as if it were not there, or the ammo will be converted according to what the mod does.

-for teammates, after an ally has mutated ammo, it appears that that ammo box may have been permanently mutated (running over the same box waves later didn't make it work again)

-walking over a "mutated" ammo box does not guarantee that it will be treated as anything at all.  I get no "x ammo is full" sort of message at all.  It's just like it's not even there.   The mod the ally was using was a pistol.  

-When I had less than full pistol ammo, sometimes it would convert my ammo, sometimes not.  When I had less than full rifle ammo, it could still happen.

-just to reiterate, the mod will convert +20 rifle ammo into +3 pistol ammo even if you're reserve ammoin your primary is zilch

EDIT: just verified that broken ammo drops are ones that those with mutators have picked up

Edited by Volt_Cruelerz

Hm, now I understand, why the loot lines told me "Pistol ammo full", when I tried to pick up ammo for my shotgun. Odd thing is, my friend had an ammo converter in his Gorgon, so it should have been "Rifle ammo full" instead ... Now either there was someone else with a pistol ammo converter in our squad or ammo is always converted to pistol ammo for teammates.

Temporary solution: Equip a XY Converter Mod urself, this way, the ammo will be reconverted (better than nothing).

Yes, well, there's some small problem. I wasn't at home that weekend and when I came back Sunday evening, I had to find out, that the event had ended early, so I had no chance to get one of those mods ...

Hm, now I understand, why the loot lines told me "Pistol ammo full", when I tried to pick up ammo for my shotgun. Odd thing is, my friend had an ammo converter in his Gorgon, so it should have been "Rifle ammo full" instead ... Now either there was someone else with a pistol ammo converter in our squad or ammo is always converted to pistol ammo for teammates.

Yes, well, there's some small problem. I wasn't at home that weekend and when I came back Sunday evening, I had to find out, that the event had ended early, so I had no chance to get one of those mods ...

I was kinda in the same boat with the upper-level ones.  I'd stocked up on corruptors saturday night so that sunday night I could just rack up the points.  Now I just have a ton of corruptors lying around :(

Today I had a similar problem and believe it was the same as this one.

My pistol ammo had room for more, but not all pistol ammo boxes would pick up. The pick up sound would repeat itself endlessly until I walked off of it.

Today I had a similar problem and believe it was the same as this one.

My pistol ammo had room for more, but not all pistol ammo boxes would pick up. The pick up sound would repeat itself endlessly until I walked off of it.

I had volume turned off, but I have experienced this bug twice now.

• 3 weeks later...

Is this issue still present right now? It seems to be broken still with patch 9.5, maybe even 9.6. I didn't see any notes on this being fixed yet, which is really weird considering how they introduced these new mods, only to give us broken ones.

Damn sneaky Corpus.