Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Plains: Grineer dropship carpet bombing needs to chill

(PSN)ParteeGarcia

In the Plains of Eidolon, the Grineer dropships that carpet bomb the area during some missions need to stop after objective completion. They chase you across the entire map even after you've endured the mission and the only way to escape is by extracting. The Dargyn's aren't bad because their gunfire can be dodged, but the dropships are difficult because of the bombs' damage and AoE effect. If you're running solo out on the plains just trying to level up without having to inconvenience a full squad, it can become very difficult; especially if you don't have the Archwing launcher installed—or don't even have an Archwing. I don't think this would be good for new players, or seasoned ones just trying to do some small errand running.

Grineer dropship? So I take it you mean the Tusk Bolkor, as the Tusk Ogma don't drop troops.

Ok, if you don't have the firepower to destroy the whole ship, try to shoot at its turret. Once you disable its turret, it won't shoot at you anymore.

They are programmed to spawn near you, move over and follow you when it is about to hyperspace jump out.

24 minutes ago, Zukoku_Zero said:

i like the carpet bombing , gives me a sense of urgency/tension to get the objective done. i dont wanna go in with my OP weapons crit-ing mobs to oblivion it gets boring after a while

Don't get me wrong, I love the carpet bombing during missions; it definitely amps up the fight. But once I complete it, it'd be nice if they hyperspaced out of the area and just left the Dargyn's behind. Or the carpet bomber can stick around if there are more than one person in the squad, so there is extra firepower. Idk. Just an idea.

39 minutes ago, vladimmi said:

Probably Plains are not the best place to rank-up weapons. But I was sure that low-level roaming means low-level air ships so no need of so huge firepower...

I'm out there with level 20 Octavia and some mid-ranked weapons. But my mods are all leveled up. I've learned to just avoid those mission objectives if I'm soloing, but still.

16 minutes ago, kyori said:

Grineer dropship? So I take it you mean the Tusk Bolkor, as the Tusk Ogma don't drop troops.

Ok, if you don't have the firepower to destroy the whole ship, try to shoot at its turret. Once you disable its turret, it won't shoot at you anymore.

They are programmed to spawn near you, move over and follow you when it is about to hyperspace jump out.

I don't know what it is called. I thought they were one and the same. I figured if it can hyperspace in, it should hyperspace back out. Another member said seeker drones call it in, but it's still a bit much for one player while still surrounded by Dargyns. It's difficult to dodge all the gunfire and escape when you're being knocked down all the time.

26 minutes ago, kyori said:

Or maybe they can keep the damage as is, but make it a bit slower; lets say, "because it's a heavier vehicle, it is less maneuverable." But a little breathing room would be nice, that's all.