The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Paris Prime: Crit Build Vs Elemental Build. What's Better?

Liechea

Question

Pure Crit Build: 

Hammershot, Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Cryo Round, Piercing Hit and Speed Trigger.

Elemental Build

Wildfire, Hellfire, Cryo Round, Stormbringer, Speed Trigger, Piercing Hit, Serration, Split Chamber. 

A Bit of Both (or old Crit build whatever)

Hellfire/Stormbringer, Cryo Round, Piercing Hit, Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense and Speed Trigger.

Just wondering but which of these build is effective for high level defense? I can't seem to figure it out.

17 answers to this question

Pure Crit Build: 

Hammershot, Serration, Split Chamber, Vital Sense, Point Strike, Cryo Round, Piercing Hit and Speed Trigger.

Elemental Build

Wildfire, Hellfire, Cryo Round, Stormbringer, Speed Trigger, Piercing Hit, Serration, Split Chamber. 

A Bit of Both (or old Crit build whatever)

Hellfire/Stormbringer, Cryo Round, Piercing Hit, Serration, Split Chamber, Point Strike, Vital Sense and Speed Trigger.

Just wondering but which of these build is effective for high level defense? I can't seem to figure it out.

I prefer the pure crit build more, but the "bit of both" build also works as well. The pure crit buid means the Paris hits harder when a crit procs, but the "bit of both" means that you maintain more constant damage and additional elemental effects.

does anyone know how the math works with both crit damage mods? i was wonding if they stacked multiplicatively because i was getting some insane crits on the vandaltron with both hammer shot and vital sense.

if you are using the dread or the paris prime, the crti build should be ur best bet due to there high crit damage. the paris is a toss up

does anyone know how the math works with both crit damage mods? i was wonding if they stacked multiplicatively because i was getting some insane crits on the vandaltron with both hammer shot and vital sense.

if you are using the dread or the paris prime, the crti build should be ur best bet due to there high crit damage. the paris is a toss up

Dread has 200% critical damage, Paris Prime and all the other sniping weapons only have 150% base critical damage.

The crit damage mods combine in an additive fashion:

120% (Vital Sense) + 60% (Hammer Shot) = 180% -> Overall critical damage = 150% (1 + 1.8) = 420% critical damage.

Dread is boosted against Infested also if you want bow for them, bifurcates normals and staggers ancients, and does 400% crit damage, afaik.

I've hit 112'000 crits on yellow.

Dread is boosted against Infested also if you want bow for them, bifurcates normals and staggers ancients, and does 400% crit damage, afaik.

I've hit 112'000 crits on yellow.

and ive hit for 58000k with the snipetronvandal, making me think chaos vice is wrong and the stack through multiplication, not addition

Let's just ask my damage calculator on that one:

all mods maxed out

crit build

normal hit: 993,75

crit chance: 50%

critical hit: 4173,75

+90% multishot

sums up to average damage of ~4909 damage per shot

elemental build:

normal hit: 1947,75

crit chance: 20%

critical hit: 2921,625

+90% multishot

sums up to average damage of ~4071 damage per shot

mix build:

normal hit: 1351,5

crit chance: 50%

critical hit: 4459,95

+90% multishot

sums up to average damage of ~5521 damage per shot

So if you want safe (sufficent minimal) damage, go for elemental, else go for mix build.

Also take weaknesses into account. ~5320 damage per shot, if fire damage is doubled against infested, ~4820 if electrical is doubled when fighting corpus, ~4570 if armour pierce is doubled against grineer.

These are the correct numbers now.

Edited by Denvert

Dread has 200% critical damage, Paris Prime and all the other sniping weapons only have 150% base critical damage.

The crit damage mods combine in an additive fashion:

120% (Vital Sense) + 60% (Hammer Shot) = 180% -> Overall critical damage = 150% (1 + 1.8) = 420% critical damage.

wasn't the mod value addative as well to the base crit chance (so 150% + 120% + 60%) and only organ shatter was related to the base crit damage?

ok, just did some testings and my thesis is proven wrong. this scres my numbers in the post above, so I ill change them to the correct ones, after I reworked my damage calculator.

Edited by Denvert

ok, just did some testings and my thesis is proven wrong. this screws my numbers in the post above, so I ill change them to the correct ones, after I reworked my damage calculator.

The suspense! Which build is better? Who will get the rose? Does America think Crit has talent?

wasn't the mod value addative as well to the base crit chance (so 150% + 120% + 60%) and only organ shatter was related to the base crit damage?

ok, just did some testings and my thesis is proven wrong. this scres my numbers in the post above, so I ill change them to the correct ones, after I reworked my damage calculator.

Good to know. As a side note, most, if not all, of the weapons-based mods are percentage based and affect the base stats.

Denvert, please tell us your findings after you rework your damage calculator. and the mods used for the best results.

would like to know what's best for my paris prime too.

thank you.

Edited by Busok

Crit build makes more sense at higher levels, as enemies take greatly reduced rainbow damage, with the exception of AP (and since the crit build includes piercing hit... :D)

Elemental makes more sense if you're at a low enough level to consistently one shot enemies.