Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow: Siphon Traps Not Working

BlackCoMerc

Quick bit of feedback on this already terrible quest line: Siphon Traps are not working to capture anything. I place them right under the projection, and...nothing. Meanwhile, I am dying constantly, even in a Rhino, to an enemy I cannot do anything about.

DE, please consider not locking future events behind this quest. Even without the bugs, its one of the worst quests I have ever seen in a video game. Repetitive, and virtually non interactive to boot, with dialogue I could not possibly care less about, since before now we knew nothing about the character involved, this making empathy utterly impossible. Which it would soon become anyway, just due to the sheer amount of utter tedium involved in this quest.

Combat is what you do well. Maybe...focus on that, next quest, and stop showing off underwhelming gimmicks like siphon traps and the gear wheel? But in the meantime, please fix this as the quest cannot be completed.

3 minutes ago, (Xbox One)MerlyBR said:

you know that you need to shoot the thingys right?

Actually, nope. Had no idea until I visited YouTube how to actually trap them. 

Kept dropping traps, and I think Lotus was voicing Clues to me, but in the chaos of enemies I couldnt actually fight and trying not to die to a non interactive death machine, I didnt catch the clues. 

I got it now, though. Its no less tedious, but it does work as it was unfortunately intended to.

Thanks for posting. Appreciate it.

Edited by BlackCoMerc

I now feel obliged to add that I actually liked the dialogue and lore of this quest. It really maintained an air of mystery throughout. 

I do wish we had had more time to pay attention to the dialogue. I think making the Captures less hectic might have been a good idea. Maybe instead of bombardment from an untouchable enemy, we just stalk the projections across mostly empty maps using our Simaris Scanner to find their paths, and then weaken and capture them. Something like that, so we had more time to listen and less time frantically dodging projectiles and slow procs.

Also, the boss fight: Glad I had Spectres. I recommend that to everyone who has not done it yet. A Tenno spectre set up as Rhino Prime with a modded up Hek, and a couple of Eximus Spectres from hunter/killer squads trivialized what I think would have been a really frustrating end fight for Spoiler mode.

But the story portion was pretty cool. Rell's plight, stuck in an endless transference loop...is properly terrifying. Those seeking his release seem genuinely concerned and emotionally involved. Nice story. Wish we had had more time to focus on the dialogue, but nice story. And the new permanent location is cool too.