Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cryotic Farming is a Pain

p3z1

Tested on Hieracon, because I need credits as well*

Excavation's been here for a while. I really liked the game mode because it feels good to play, well, before. Now, it's kinda in a bad spot, and needs fixing.

First, this picture.

Spoiler

78xNHuk.jpg

Look how far the next excavator is. I know it doesn't always happen, but it's a pain to run from point A to point B SOLO. In a team game, maybe it becomes a bit of a pain, considering the distance to get to it.

Second. I've noticed that there is a shortage of power cell carriers. Was wondering if spawns are broken. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but I know one thing...

Spoiler

GRE4e9T.jpg

"But look, that doesn't look like a broken spawn thing. There's loads of enemies to kill."

Spoiler

0a4eKy7.jpg

knjVVeo.jpg

MeuRPCj.jpg

k28yXz1.jpg

jFn2pHT.jpg

They all have one thing in common. They are compiled in one area, and they are egtting stuck. Their pathing is broken. This one's a familiar map in corpus outpost tileset. Enemies, instead of apssing through the WIDE area, pass through NARROW areas. If they can't pass through, the AI FREEZES in place. It gets fixed when they see an enemy. These, specifically, pass through the lower vents and the cargo thingies above. They RARELY pass through the OPEN areas.

It turns excavation into one of the WORST missions, especially since cryotic is fairly needed (trophies and sibear). Two suggestions to fix this really.

1. New excavator, new spawns nearby.
2. FIX PATHING
3. [optional] Don't despawn dropped power cells in other rooms.

Please, fix excavation, I need to craft sibear even

19 minutes ago, p3z1 said:

Second. I've noticed that there is a shortage of power cell carriers. Was wondering if spawns are broken. Maybe they are, maybe they aren't, but I know one thing...

2. FIX PATHING
3. [optional] Don't despawn dropped power cells in other rooms.

IIRC those there were looked at, and 'fixed', by [DE] Glen on some of his livestreams, but it might not have been for infested, but I'm pretty sure he looked at the 'hieracon' tileset. 

I will agree that lack of energy seems to be an issue still on the few times I bother with doing excavation. 

Whether or not those fixes are still in place is another matter, we've had a lot of updates recently that brought back bugs that had been fixed already, which seems to say there is a versioning issue where they work on out of date files after the latest updates. 

13 hours ago, LSG501 said:

Whether or not those fixes are still in place is another matter, we've had a lot of updates recently that brought back bugs that had been fixed already, which seems to say there is a versioning issue where they work on out of date files after the latest updates. 

22.8.0.1 actually addressed majority of these, then 22.8.1 brought them back.