Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Weapon Suggestion: The Bo

TheOnlyWarBear

I have been using this melee weapon for about two days. It is a weapon that is fun to use both because it brings out the games true "ragdoll" effects and it has a decent amount of power behind it. However, the Bo is a little "stiff." Usually, staffs are more fluent and hit enemies at multiple points.

It is too much like a bat currently. You swing and hit but there isn't really any twisting the Bo or hitting up in the torso and then down in the legs.

Comments?

Well that may be so, but with a few mods and the patience to upgrade it, It is a fun and effective weapon. Though you may not have liked it, I have encountered many people with a Bo of theri own. They agree with what I have presented here.

I can see you didn't like it, but am I incorrect for asking that its effectiveness is improved?

I have a Bo rank 30,with mods is remarkably usefull agains grineer,great range iguinore, defense,avarege speed,good with freezing  attack mods.

But like you said(Kunsumption) i was expecting more cool moves,is pretty much a bat most of the time.

Edited by RX3_Zero

Just like I said. :)

It is my favorate melee weapon because its different than most other weapons. By making the weapon much more fluent and capable of producing more hits on an enemy, it would be both a great weapon and an enjoyable one.

If you notice, the melee weapons in warframe, when contact occures with an enemy, make the enemy stutter back for a second; almost like they got hit in the stomach. During that "stomache" animation enemies do, they will not receive anymore damage until they resume their natural line of code. The Bo should make it so there are hits to the face, to the legs, to the face again, and then to the stomache (just as an example) to better the use of the Bo.

I went from the Orthos to the Bo, expecting the Bo to have similar animations to the Orthos.  I was pretty sorely disappointed.

I completely agree that the Bo's animations are really janky and took away any desire on my part to use the Bo. The Ankyros has the same animations, but it's more bearable since you go through them faster.  Both of them just need much better animations.

Edited by XCodes

But why do they do that? It is merely because they can't really do much more than that. It needs to get updated and fixed. People "only do certain things" because that is all it would do. I love my Bo. 100%+ dmg and 50%+ charge damage is a small amount of mods "upgrades" that makes this so-called "useless" weapon fun and very realiable :D

I want developers to see this, many people here in this thread and even more people in-game agree that there should be a little bit of improvement. If not what I have offered as improvements, then what should be changed are modified?

I held onto my Bo for as long as I could. Until the Hate blueprint came along.

I agree, the Bo feels awkward, is very weak for something that used to be able to fling enemies across rooms, and the most under-valued weapon in the game after the Skana.

I miss the times where Grineer would fly when I whacked them in the face.

I held onto my Bo for as long as I could. Until the Hate blueprint came along.

I agree, the Bo feels awkward, is very weak for something that used to be able to fling enemies across rooms, and the most under-valued weapon in the game after the Skana.

I miss the times where Grineer would fly when I whacked them in the face.

You know, they still do. It it like I said before, "...it brings out the games true "ragdoll" effects..."

Edited by Kunsumption

It'd be neat if knocking enemies into walls dealt extra damage. It would be a very unique weapon, and Warframe is in dire need of those at the moment.

Oh, the icing on the cake would be if knocking an enemy into another enemy did even more damage as a guaranteed critical. That would make the Bo an actual, viable, crit-oriented melee weapon based around a completely unique playstyle (within Warframe, at least.)

Edited by A5PECT

This Bo could be absolutly amazing if these ideas were put into play. On top of enemies flying into walls/other enemies for damage and infected getting flung, it really needs to become less bat-like, as mentioned before. Look at how fluent this guy is with his Bo Staff:

Now, altough this video does not portray the "attacking" aspect of the Bo, his fluency is amazing.

It's usable at the moment and becomes viable late-game, but the removal of double slide attack really hurt the Bo's usefulness. It's normal attack animations DO feel stiff. It could do with a bit more fluidity, but I wouldn't be heartbroken if no changes were made to the Bo. 

If they DID make changes, I'd like to see more fluid attack animations (I don't care if the speed is still the same. It just looks to stiff) and the return of double slide attacks.

It'd be neat if knocking enemies into walls dealt extra damage. It would be a very unique weapon, and Warframe is in dire need of those at the moment.

Oh, the icing on the cake would be if knocking an enemy into another enemy did even more damage as a guaranteed critical. That would make the Bo an actual, viable, crit-oriented melee weapon based around a completely unique playstyle (within Warframe, at least.)

+1

Yep, they go FLYING. But I have not seen the double slide attack; what was that?

Double slide attacks could occur if the player rapidly tapped the melee attack key while sliding. Depending on the attack speed of the weapon, two or more attacks would be performed within a single slide.

Edited by A5PECT

This Bo could be absolutly amazing if these ideas were put into play. On top of enemies flying into walls/other enemies for damage and infected getting flung, it really needs to become less bat-like, as mentioned before. Look at how fluent this guy is with his Bo Staff:

Now, altough this video does not portray the "attacking" aspect of the Bo, his fluency is amazing.

You should PM Geoff with this video.. If the Bo had these animations I would definitely buy it and level it up again to make it my main melee weapon.

As you said, right now it feels stiff and completely lacking fluidity in movements. I find it strange it has the same animations as the Amphis, which is a heavy weapon.