Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Haunted Expanse (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

“Spring festival.” Konzu says. “To keep everyone’s minds off the horrors crawling about the plains, while the Tenno deal with these ghouls.”

"Oh ok. Is there anything I can do to help, and is there anyone else here? Apart from your guys." Wilco looks around, still in awe.

Just now, WilcotheWolf said:

"Oh ok. Is there anything I can do to help, and is there anyone else here? Apart from your guys." Wilco looks around, still in awe.

“Ahhh first time to Cetus, when this is over I’ll give you a tour.” Konzu says. “As for work Meridian sent a few Tenno already, they are focused on clearing out the burial grounds. I do have something for you however. A hunting party that was scouting some caves reported.... something interesting. Then they went dark. I need you to find out where they are, and what they found.”

2 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Ahhh first time to Cetus, when this is over I’ll give you a tour.” Konzu says. “As for work Meridian sent a few Tenno already, they are focused on clearing out the burial grounds. I do have something for you however. A hunting party that was scouting some caves reported.... something interesting. Then they went dark. I need you to find out where they are, and what they found.”

"Ok. Last known coordinates?" Wilco went from confused to serious. 'A missing party, hmm? Can't be anything too good. Should ask for backup...' He thought.

(Am I able to get someone else to come along with me?)

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

The Ostron begin unloading supplies, giving you time to decide what dishes you will cook.

The children continue to argue, while a few more slip past them and begin petting Silver. It seems doing so calms them.

While the people who helped him unload the supplies from the ship, he took a quick look around the village to see if he could figure out what the people liked to eat.

Silver barked happily as she got petted by the children's who weren't fighting over her.

On 4/10/2018 at 9:49 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

"Ok. Last known coordinates?" Wilco went from confused to serious. 'A missing party, hmm? Can't be anything too good. Should ask for backup...' He thought.

(Am I able to get someone else to come along with me?)

“Ah Yes.” Konzu says. “Strange, The Lotus does not seem to be responding. Let me patch you into the network of hacked drones we have.”

Your frame begins downloading a map of the Plains.

”You’ll want a second.” A voice says. “Those things love to attack from multiple angles.”

On 4/10/2018 at 5:56 PM, WolfmanX9 said:

While the people who helped him unload the supplies from the ship, he took a quick look around the village to see if he could figure out what the people liked to eat.

Silver barked happily as she got petted by the children's who weren't fighting over her.

Most people seem to be waiting on the strange strips of flesh sizzling on the stones. Others seem to be snacking on simple scones or other baked goods. 

“Ah Yes.” Konzu says. “Strange, The Lotus does not seem to be responding. Let me patch you into the network of hacked drones we have.”

Your frame begins downloading a map of the Plains.

”You’ll want a second.” A voice says. “Those things love to attack from multiple angles.”

Wilco staggers back as the voice echoes. "W-Who are you?" He asked.

4 hours ago, Rakawan said:

Most people seem to be waiting on the strange strips of flesh sizzling on the stones. Others seem to be snacking on simple scones or other baked goods. 

From what Kronk saw, it seemed that the people around the town seem to enjoy eating simple things, but that wouldn't stop him from trying something more "luxurious" as he got an idea in his head.

He walked over to what look like a "kitchen counter" and started to prepare it to make something that would go well with the meat that was currently cooking.

On 4/12/2018 at 7:47 AM, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco staggers back as the voice echoes. "W-Who are you?" He asked.

An Excalibur walks up, two mostmarched swords sheathed on his back. One is a Dex Dakota, the other is a crystalline longsword with a design you have not seen before.

”You can call me Striker.” He says. “I’ll help you find those Ostron.”

On 4/12/2018 at 12:11 PM, WolfmanX9 said:

From what Kronk saw, it seemed that the people around the town seem to enjoy eating simple things, but that wouldn't stop him from trying something more "luxurious" as he got an idea in his head.

He walked over to what look like a "kitchen counter" and started to prepare it to make something that would go well with the meat that was currently cooking.

The slab of ceramic seeing as a counter top is quite resilient, acting as a cutting board as well as a table top. Even your sharper tools seem unable to scratch it.

The fighting children near Silver are eventually pulled apart by their parents. Silver, however, would feel something with tiny teeth clamp down onto her tail. 

7 hours ago, Rakawan said:

An Excalibur walks up, two mostmarched swords sheathed on his back. One is a Dex Dakota, the other is a crystalline longsword with a design you have not seen before.

”You can call me Striker.” He says. “I’ll help you find those Ostron.”

Wilco regains his composure and bows to Striker. "Thank you Striker. I'm Wilco." He says, looking at the Excalibur.

On 2018-04-16 at 1:36 PM, Rakawan said:

The slab of ceramic seeing as a counter top is quite resilient, acting as a cutting board as well as a table top. Even your sharper tools seem unable to scratch it.

The fighting children near Silver are eventually pulled apart by their parents. Silver, however, would feel something with tiny teeth clamp down onto her tail. 

The first thing Krunk did was mashed potatoe, followed by a sauce that would with both the meat and the mash potatoe.

Silver yelped as she started to run around in circles, trying to shake off whoever bite her tail.

48 minutes ago, WolfmanX9 said:

The first thing Krunk did was mashed potatoe, followed by a sauce that would with both the meat and the mash potatoe.

Silver yelped as she started to run around in circles, trying to shake off whoever bite her tail.

Whatever it is is small enough to remain clamped down, in fact it only clamps down harder trying to avoid being thrown. Silver would see a Drahk Pup barely a week old clamped onto her tail. A small stuffed toy, looking slightly like a Kubrow tail, sits a few feet away, explaining why the pup “attacked”.

18 hours ago, WilcotheWolf said:

Wilco regains his composure and bows to Striker. "Thank you Striker. I'm Wilco." He says, looking at the Excalibur.

The Excalibur has few notable features apart from the swords. In fact it seems designed to be nondescript.

“Then let us be off.” Striker says. “The longer we wait the more danger those hunters are in.”

32 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The Excalibur has few notable features apart from the swords. In fact it seems designed to be nondescript.

“Then let us be off.” Striker says. “The longer we wait the more danger those hunters are in.”

"Yes, we should. Lead the way Striker." Wilco follows behind him.

3 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"Yes, we should. Lead the way Striker." Wilco follows behind him.

Striker leads you into the entryway to the Plains. The doors behind you pick and a scan plays over you both. 

The door lights turn blue and opens. 

Several Tenno are already outside, fighting off the endless waves of Ghouls. Clouds of poison hang in the air.

1 minute ago, Rakawan said:

Striker leads you into the entryway to the Plains. The doors behind you pick and a scan plays over you both. 

The door lights turn blue and opens. 

Several Tenno are already outside, fighting off the endless waves of Ghouls. Clouds of poison hang in the air.

"Jesus..." Wilco says to himself, drawing his Venka, in case any Ghouls come near.

7 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"Jesus..." Wilco says to himself, drawing his Venka, in case any Ghouls come near.

“Mars.” Striker says. “Deploy archwings.”

Two Odonata archwing packs rocket down, landing in front of you. 

“We’ll need to fly to the waypoint.” Striker says. “No way we are fighting through this.”

“Mars.” Striker says. “Deploy archwings.”

Two Odonata archwing packs rocket down, landing in front of you. 

“We’ll need to fly to the waypoint.” Striker says. “No way we are fighting through this.”

"Sure." Wilco says, grabbing the Archwing.

15 minutes ago, WilcotheWolf said:

"Sure." Wilco says, grabbing the Archwing.

You both take to the skies. 

“Waypoint marked.” Striker says. “Looks poem they took shelter in a cave system.”

Flying over the plains allows you to see the extent of the ghoul invasion. You can see multiple burial grounds spanning the plains spawning near endless waves of ghouls

8 hours ago, Rakawan said:

You both take to the skies. 

“Waypoint marked.” Striker says. “Looks poem they took shelter in a cave system.”

Flying over the plains allows you to see the extent of the ghoul invasion. You can see multiple burial grounds spanning the plains spawning near endless waves of ghouls

"Holy... We need to hurry." Wilco says, in awe and worry.

On 4/17/2018 at 6:27 PM, WilcotheWolf said:

"Holy... We need to hurry." Wilco says, in awe and worry.

“We may need to call in a warship to deal with this.” Striker says. “Let’s hope the miners found something good.”

He lands outside the cave. 

“No sounds of conflict.” He says. “Either they found a safe haven, or...”

Over the sea that long ago was known as Kaspian, a modified prisma-plated liset adjusted its trajectory for a landing, dropping down an Ivara frame. After a cat-ish landing, the latter threw a sliding glance at the gulf where the flesh tower stands. Recomposing in a more casual way, plated and armed with baza, primed glaive, and zakti the frame proceeded to the bazaar with the lazy gait of someone who was enjoying either the beginning of vacation or an shameless slack. 

Spoiler

0sP7XDF.jpg

This midnight-green ivara with no regalias but a couple of stratos emblems (of almost indecently high grade) mingled through the groups of other frames and locals, not paying much attention to the antics of the daily traders and stopping for a brief moment near the town smithy, moving forward after tilting the helmet slightly and refocusing on whatever she was searching for before the trader had time to react.

Pensively, she approached the stand with bounties and notices. Trying not to get in a way of others, she trained the cross of her visors at the board, conveying the impression of someone pensive or disoriented.

Edited by Teloch

On 2018-04-17 at 3:04 PM, Rakawan said:

Whatever it is is small enough to remain clamped down, in fact it only clamps down harder trying to avoid being thrown. Silver would see a Drahk Pup barely a week old clamped onto her tail. A small stuffed toy, looking slightly like a Kubrow tail, sits a few feet away, explaining why the pup “attacked”.

When Silver saw that it was just a puppy, she calmed down, but it still hurt like hell. She walked over to the look a like kubrow tail and tried to put down the pup near the fake tail, hopping that the pup would let go of her.