Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Prime Anyone?

Cicadaph

Is it too much to ask for new Prime Versions in the upcoming updates? I mean its long overdue, besides I believe all warframes should have PRIME versions just because these PRIME suits seem to represent more power and authority among the warframes, like it distinguishes them from the normal warframe suits.

I don't like the prime nor vandal idea. It renders the regular version totally useless.

Unless at some point those versions become as an upgrade of the regular ones instead of a completely separate object / warframe, I am not eager to see them...

That is at least my opinion.

Standard frames are already made with same orokin technology as primes. Prime frames are just souvenirs of long extinct race.

indeed that is why i quoted "it represents more power and authority" meaning they just looked more badass similar to how a general will have a different uniform from a soldier in the field. Its mainly for aesthetic reasons, but the idea of PRIME having stronger powers is something to be excited about, even if primes only have a +20% power increase like focus mod does.

New primes are coming. Already confirmed/able to be assumed. Been hinted mag prime may be next prime frame. Safe to say most tenno tech is getting primed eventually.

I'm having trouble imagining a loki prime, the loki frame has a massive tower head (sorry loki fans) and i guess it will have a total makeover like excalibur's helmet (looks like its got a mono eye)

indeed that is why i quoted "it represents more power and authority" meaning they just looked more badass similar to how a general will have a different uniform from a soldier in the field. Its mainly for aesthetic reasons, but the idea of PRIME having stronger powers is something to be excited about, even if primes only have a +20% power increase like focus mod does.

A 0.5% power increase will make it almost a must-have for a large number of players. I really have no idea how can you say "ONLY 20%"....

Primes are bloody stupid. Because they exist using forma on any normal frame is nothing but a waste of money.

It is better this way. Those who put effort into getting them, get some reward WITHOUT obsoleting the original versions. A visual upgrade + polarity upgrade is better than stats upgrade over originals.

I don't like the prime nor vandal idea. It renders the regular version totally useless.

Unless at some point those versions become as an upgrade of the regular ones instead of a completely separate object / warframe, I am not eager to see them...

I totaly agree with you. Prime should be upgrade giving better stats or maybe even improving frames' abilities. You could craft it like alt helmets and add to your frame as prime skin with new great buffs. So, you could any time switch between normal and prime versions depending on where you want to go: on low-mid-level missions or high-level missions and orokin void.

Damn, DE have lost such a great idea. -_-

Edited by AntLion

It has already been hinted that Mag will be the next frame to have a Prime version.

While I find stupid the Prime "upgrades"(cause it's not really an upgrade regarding frames), I love how they look and also it's funny to have something you can obtain only playing and playing!

Edited by siralextraffo

It is better this way. Those who put effort into getting them, get some reward WITHOUT obsoleting the original versions.

Nope. This problem can be solved very easy: prime version should include normal version as well.

While I find stupid the Prime "upgrades"(cause it's not really an upgrade regarding frames)

Really? Do you want to buy new slots for primes?

Nope. This problem can be solved very easy: prime version should include normal version as well.

Really? Do you want to buy new slots for primes?

Ok. So you want to get prime and standard version for price of 1 while prime should also be straight upgrade + you want free slots for them.

Its already too easy to get a frame and you want to make it even easier... 

Ok. So you want to get prime and standard version for price of 1 while prime should also be straight upgrade + you want free slots for them.

Its already too easy to get a frame and you want to make it even easier... 

Is it easy to get Prime version? O_o   Okaaay.

Maybe you have some problems with reading and I have to repeat special for you: when you craft prime version of warframe (and you don't have a standard one) than you would get standard frame (in your warframe inventory) + prime skin for it (in its customization inventory). You could switch this prime skin on/off depending on difficulty of mission. If you go on low/mid-level missions and don't want to feel yourself too overpowered then you choose standard version. If you go on hard mission then you choose your best equipment including prime skin that would give you some buffs.

This idea could solve compatibility issue of this innovation for those who already have Frost Prime or Excalibur Prime but don't have standard versions of these frames. They would get standard frame + prime skin as switchable upgrade.

Others who have only standard frame could farm prime, craft it and get prime skin as switchable upgrade without any compatibility issues as well.

If you don't have any versions you would need to farm and craft just prime version to get standard frame + prime skin as switchable upgrade. Btw, you would have to buy one free slot if you don't have any in this case.

I think it's fair because if you want prime version you have to make much more efforts to get it than for standard one. So, you could have a choice: farm standard frame now and maybe some day try to get its prime version if you would like this frame. Or go for a more sophisticated way and try to get prime version now which would include standard frame + prime skin as switchable upgrade.

This idea would solve the problem with warframe slots. Just imagine that you must buy another 14 slots just for primes which differ almost only in appearance! I doubt you would sell your potatoed and polarized standard frames for primes. Maybe also you would like design of standard frame more than its prime version.

So, my suggestion would solve the problem with warframe slots, compability issues and give players more variants of customization.

I hope devs will read my suggestion and think about it.

Is it easy to get Prime version? O_o   Okaaay.

Maybe you have some problems with reading and I have to repeat special for you: when you craft prime version of warframe (and you don't have a standard one) than you would get standard frame (in your warframe inventory) + prime skin for it (in its customization inventory). You could switch this prime skin on/off depending on difficulty of mission. If you go on low/mid-level missions and don't want to feel yourself too overpowered then you choose standard version. If you go on hard mission then you choose your best equipment including prime skin that would give you some buffs.

This idea could solve compatibility issue of this innovation for those who already have Frost Prime or Excalibur Prime but don't have standard versions of these frames. They would get standard frame + prime skin as switchable upgrade.

Others who have only standard frame could farm prime, craft it and get prime skin as switchable upgrade without any compatibility issues as well.

If you don't have any versions you would need to farm and craft just prime version to get standard frame + prime skin as switchable upgrade. Btw, you would have to buy one free slot if you don't have any in this case.

I think it's fair because if you want prime version you have to make much more efforts to get it than for standard one. So, you could have a choice: farm standard frame now and maybe some day try to get its prime version if you would like this frame. Or go for a more sophisticated way and try to get prime version now which would include standard frame + prime skin as switchable upgrade.

This idea would solve the problem with warframe slots. Just imagine that you must buy another 14 slots just for primes which differ almost only in appearance! I doubt you would sell your potatoed and polarized standard frames for primes. Maybe also you would like design of standard frame more than its prime version.

So, my suggestion would solve the problem with warframe slots, compability issues and give players more variants of customization.

I hope devs will read my suggestion and think about it.

Exactly what i said except that you want it to be necessary skin without which standard frame wont be viable.

I kept my standard exca and frost even after getting primes. It isnt hard to get frost prime, during my runs on void i could craft 7 full frost primes before i even got latron receiver. Because of primes having same stats you dont feel like getting a prime is a must and can use your standard frame with prime helmet without dumping either.

Stop with the useless arguments, yes primes are better but they don't make your old guns suddenly not able to kill.

Exactly what i said except that you want it to be necessary skin without which standard frame wont be viable.

Why? I didn't say that standard frame won't be viable without prime skin. If devs are going to add new solar system, new planets, new missions with strongest enemies then prime versions would let you succesfully complete them. But standard frames would be good enough for current planets and missions. So, no nerfs for standard frames. Prime versions would be buffs for them. I know that many frames really need some buffs to be more effective on high-level missions.

It isnt hard to get frost prime, during my runs on void i could craft 7 full frost primes before i even got latron receiver.

Not everyone has Frost Prime (btw, I have it). Anyway it's more difficult and takes a longer time to get all Frost Prime BPs than just to farm Kril or Ambulas (I did only 10 runs for each frame to get Frost and Excalibur). But I agree that devs could make the challenge of obtaining Primes a little harder and more interesting but at the same time it should not be so dependent on luck and random values. It should require good skills instead.

Decent reward for decent challenge.

Because of primes having same stats you dont feel like getting a prime is a must and can use your standard frame with prime helmet without dumping either.

It's another problem. Prime modification should not be just a cosmetic decoration. According to my suggestion Prime version (I mean skin) should give better stats to your frame (higher basic amounts of health/shields/armor/energy/stamina/sprint speed) and maybe even improve warframes' powers.

Edited by AntLion

It's another problem. Prime modification should not be just a cosmetic decoration. According my suggestion Prime version (I mean skin) should give better stats to your frame (higher basic amounts of health/shields/armor/energy/stamina/sprint speed) and maybe even improve warframes' powers.

"Lf frost for t3 def if you dont have prime dont even bother." It wont make prime another option but a necessity, and now thats a real problem.

Stop with the useless arguments, yes primes are better but they don't make your old guns suddenly not able to kill.

I do not think you got my point. The only "useless" thing would be the regular version of the prime object. Useless not in the sense of not being able to do what it is supposed to do, but why would you try to get the regular version when there is a plain upgrade of it around that does the exact same thing but better?

Next time try to put a bit of effort into trying to understand what people is trying to say instead of raging right away.

Edited by HellEnforcer

Why people complaing about makin obsoletes the copy version ? isnt like the copy version suddenly got Hammer nerfed to the abyss.

It is exactly the same frame except worse, so yes, it is completely obsolete.

I like the idea above that Primes should be an alternate look like the helmets rather than a completely new frame. You don't lose out on anything that way besides mastery xp... but they could change alternate equipment to something that has to be leveled for it to have effect if that's an issue.

I do not think you got my point. The only "useless" thing would be the regular version of the prime object. Useless not in the sense of not being able to do what it is supposed to do, but why would you try to get the regular version when there is a plain upgrade of it around that does the exact same thing but better?

Next time try to put a bit of effort into trying to understand what people is trying to say instead of raging right away.

I'm not raging, lol. I'm not typing in caps, I didn't say or do anything that shows any sign of rage. I still use my vandal even though I have the braton Prime. I got the prime version cause I liked the look of it. Number of people in my clan still use the normal braton when they forma'd their braton prime a number of times. I'm not mad, but word yourself better cause no weapon in this game is useless. Less useful? Sure. Again though, doesn't stop people from getting and using the lesser version. Not to mention if you're a hardcore free to play player, it could take you a very long time to get any kind of prime weapon depending on luck. So you would still be using the lesser model (or something else, whatever people like to use) again, making it not useless. So next time, try not look like a smart &#!. Won't get you far.

I'm not raging, lol. I'm not typing in caps, I didn't say or do anything that shows any sign of rage. I still use my vandal even though I have the braton Prime. I got the prime version cause I liked the look of it. Number of people in my clan still use the normal braton when they forma'd their braton prime a number of times. I'm not mad, but word yourself better cause no weapon in this game is useless. Less useful? Sure. Again though, doesn't stop people from getting and using the lesser version. Not to mention if you're a hardcore free to play player, it could take you a very long time to get any kind of prime weapon depending on luck. So you would still be using the lesser model (or something else, whatever people like to use) again, making it not useless. So next time, try not look like a smart &#!. Won't get you far.

You don't need to be typing in caps for you to be raging. Probably my word choice there was not the best, that's true. You can blame my lack of vocabulary in english if you want there.

"Stop with the useless argument" Sounds awfully aggressive and is saying that I should shut up because you either don't agree with what I said or because you are indeed mad. I hardly see how someone can "look like a smart &#!" when the person is defending his point of view from an aggressive comment that adds no support whatsoever for that comment. (your support came after)

Now, of course they will keep using the regular version they had ALREADY 'formaed' (I do not think that's even a word, but you get the point) or used a catalyst on it. It is more powerful because of that, there is no point other than mastery rank up to get the prime unless you plan in upgrading it too to surpass the one you already have.

There are a lot of people who get the prime versions even being completely free players. Luck plays a big role on how fast they will get it, but they will eventually do. People who would aim for the plain version are those who gave up after having an awful bad luck streak for a while, or those who simply do not know about the better version.

Davoodoo, on 03 Aug 2013 - 10:59 PM, said:

"Lf frost for t3 def if you dont have prime dont even bother." It wont make prime another option but a necessity, and now thats a real problem.

It seems you have real problems with reading. Read again (maybe several times if you need this) what I wrote and maybe you will understand. I don't want to repeat anymore. Btw, You're another one design council member to me today who can't understand obvious thing. I'm starting to worry about the future of Warframe.

You need to get better weapons and mods and level up them and your frame to be able successfully complete t3 def even now. You must show efforts. So, what's the difference? Prime would be just the next stage of frame evolution to be ready for new missions, new challenges and strongest enemies. Challenges of obtaining primes should be a little harder and more interesting but player with standard frame and good skills should be able to complete them (with some efforts of course).

People will collect primes anyway. My idea just would give them additional reason to do this.

Edited by AntLion

how bout this... Once a regular frame reaches 30 it can upgrade to the prime version but in order to do that you will still have to get the parts from void and build it. Then there can be like a warframe test to upgrade just for the hell of it and when you upgrade you'll get maybe 2 extra card slots and max level would be 40 (frame starts back at level 0)?