Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Cetus/Plains lag-spike every few seconds

Inumayobaka

When Plains of Eidolon was first released, I had no performance issues when I visited Cetus or went out into the Plains.

Then Operation Plague Star started and that's where I had severe FPS drop due to the spawn of Infested during the Hemocyte Bounty.

But after that Operation was over, things were back to normal.

Until recently! I believe one of the hotfixes might have caused something to break in Cetus/Plains that causes my game to have lag-spike when I'm at either location.
I did no hardware changes to my system. I'm running on GTX 770 and as I mentioned earlier, I had no performance issues whatsoever upon release of this content.

Only recently after the hotfix of either 22.8.0 / 22.8.0.1 / 22.8.1 , I started getting these annoying lag-spikes when at Cetus or in the Plains.
The game just freezes for about 0.5 seconds every few seconds. :angry:

Earning Ostron Standings through Bounties or doing Eidolon hunts are really painful now. :sadcry:

I hope you are able to fix this when you are back! :blush:

If there are any other Tenno with a decent graphics card (GTX 770 or similar) who face the same issue as I do (No performance issue initially but suffering lag-spikes recently), please do share.

I want to know if I am the only one experiencing this.

4 minutes ago, Mingcrusher said:

you are not the only one, the last update seriously messed something up. at release, i would get 100 plus fps, now it is 60 plus.

Thanks for sharing. Which update exactly do you think might have caused this? I'm think it could be one of those recent hotfixes.. 

• 3 months later...

I've stayed away from the plains since the Plague Star was re-released,. been doing other things lol.. but I did try and do the hemocyte stuff and it's virtually unplayable.. I have a decent graphics card and didn't suffer any problems with the plains until the Plague Star came BACK (was fine on it's first release).

Now I'm stuck suffering the following:
- RAM Bleed (goes from 900mb standard to 1500mb standard during the plague star participation)

- Ping Spiking (goes from 40 to 1300 and back again in seconds)

- FPS loss (usually 60fps constant, drops to 34fps)

- My warframe's head disappears (I haven't been the host on any of the three runs I did) and a lot of the skin extras like skirts or tassels disappear.

- Can't weapon switch

- Gear wheel becomes blank

- Power use prevented as "in use".

- Death while in operator takes me back to my warframe which is somehow teleported away from the field of combat and I have to run back to the fight (also causes the power in use lock up, prevented from summoning the operator, prevented from weapon switching).

- By the time the 4th boss is summoned, the ground shake is so bad it's like being in a cocktail mixer, it's giving me terrible nausea and I can't actually see what I'm doing on the game any more as the ground jitter is moving from the bottom of the screen to almost 3/4 of the way up and back again several times a second.

I thought maybe it was me because I deleted my default screen colour profile to fix an error with picture viewing but no, other aspects of the game are totally fine.. it's just that one plague star event that is messed up.. I was hoping to earn some extra zaw bits and forma but I can't.

Edited by AhkNemet
Forgot an item from the list

I've been wondering if I was just unlucky, but I'm glad to know I'm not the only person dealing with this. I run a GeForce GTX 950 with an AMD FX-8320 8 Core Processor and plenty of RAM. When Plague Star first came around, I did alright but noted a bit of a spike in loading time, although I typically host due to my internet connection and a friend was due for upgrades with his PC, so no fault there.

A hotfix or  two later, loading times were better optimized but I started getting bits of lag spikes every so often. I fixed it for a bit with a driver update, but they came back a couple weeks after. They stayed after that, always popping up when I play with others but rarely when I'm solo, and even after driver updates. I'm going to try reinstalling my driver, and I sincerely hope that fixes it because having a second of freeze every few seconds made me avoid PoE altogether.

Shoot a message if you find any fixes, I'd really love to know myself.