Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Proposition on making Operators more useful.

AxelSeven

Most people think (including me) that outside using your Operator one time for passive buffs, Kuva and Eidolons, Operators are kind of useless.

I have a proposition: 

remember the Golden Maws? That was cool, right? some of you might remember the disappointment after finishing the War Within of not finding golden maws ever after.

Why not create more kinds of Orokin structures your Operator can control (by pressing 5 on them) and scatter them around the Origin system? They would look like the Structures you control with the Dominion Rod in TLoZ:Twilight Princess. But the statues would be more built for battle instead of platforming. For example: a slow statue with a Huge laser/ a Sword-weilding statue of a warrior, or a broken space ship with gatling guns... or just a Golden Maw.

They would mostly be really powerful but not as flexible as a Warframe, to not make them Useless. Maybe by restricting them to a zone or making them slow.

You could even make underground puzzles with this principle, taking a bit of the Dominion Rod idea again, forcing you to find the statues and place them in receptacles to open a door/ making labyrinths in the style of the Golden Maw phase in TWW. I hope my idea doesn't sound too stupid and if you have propositions, may you express them and let's hope DE makes something great with this whole idea if they want to!

il y a une heure, (PS4)Spider_Enigma a dit :

i fight the stalker every time he shows up, and all the sentients on lua with my operator 

I meant 'in general' useless. not useless all the time. I really like the idea of Operators and how they made them but outside of using them for Kuva, EIdolons, and Adaptation bypass, they're pretty unused.