Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Duration Timers

KiLoSphere

Its a simple HUD icon that shows you how long a skill will be up for. Like a count down timer.

Vauban's bastille stays up for say 15 sec. and goes down while your fighting high wave defence, now your pod goes down and mission failed after 1 hit. Same goes for Frost Prime. This is just one example.

This same HUD timer can be used on all Warframes with timed skills.

Just a few examples:

Loki: Invisible
Rhino: Roar
Banchee: Sonor
Vauban: Bastille, Tesla

Frost Prime: Globe

Ember: Overhear, World on fire

Mag: Bullet Attractor

Volt: Speed

Its not a huge issue but more of a convenience.

Edited by KiLoSphere

Wouldn't it be called a Duration Timer and not a Cool Down?  Since the ability is active and it counts its time up and running instead of making people wait to use it again.

Yes your right this would be the correct term I was looking for. Thanks.

i made a post on this before in the UI feedback. i pretty much posted this

durationtimer_zps83ea7676.jpg

kinda wished they did something like this

This is a good idea for most skills and would be a fast easy start.

Yes your right this would be the correct term I was looking for. Thanks.

This is a good idea for most skills and would be a fast easy start.

thanks, theres only one problem with this setup which can be easily fixed

casting something like vauban's bastille. it would be hard to set up multiple duration timers. so i would assume it would just refresh the timer making you keep track on the other currently running bastille. which still would make it easier for me if they had this system

I was going to mention that. There could always be a bar under the icon for multiple type skills. If you want to get even deeper.. multi energy colors to identify with the duration bars. But I just wanted to get this idea started. I am sure there is many improvements that could be added to this Duration Timer once its implemented.

I was going to mention that. There could always be a bar under the icon for multiple type skills. If you want to get even deeper.. multi energy colors to identify with the duration bars. But I just wanted to get this idea started. I am sure there is many improvements that could be added to this Duration Timer once its implemented.

i like. either idea is fine. but think about tesla. i throw so many of em like it was Christmas. would require so many layers. :/

@KiLoSphere
I would suggest you edit your title though, as when I first read it I was thinking "Great...another CD discussion".

You should be able to change the title by clicked edit on the first post and then "Use Full Editor".

Just a small tip that might get this idea looked at a bit more.

@KiLoSphere

I would suggest you edit your title though, as when I first read it I was thinking "Great...another CD discussion".

You should be able to change the title by clicked edit on the first post and then "Use Full Editor".

Just a small tip that might get this idea looked at a bit more.

Thanks for the tip. I just changed it.