Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zarr question and status build

(PSN)Dublincore

Question

Hi guys, i've used the Zarr for some time now and really liked it, formad it once and struggling for a better build (going to use more forma on it though).

I wonder if you should get a 100% status for both cannon and barrage mode (avoiding status split between pellets), but i'm not sure if you can achieve this with a rifle weapon.
As soon i've got more forma in it i'm thinking of:

• Serration
  • Split chamber
  • Heavy caliber
  • Hammer shot
  • Malignant force
  • High Voltage
  • Thermite rounds
  • Rime rounds

Total 93.3% status chance (Rifle aptitude left out cause don't add so much status ). Decent blast (around 4000) but not so much corrosive. I don't think that with those stats i can easily manage enemies around level 80-100. 
How do you build this weapon for maximum efficiency?

Edited by (PS4)Dublincore

3 answers to this question

I think that instead of hammer shot and rime rounds you should go Point Strike and Vital Sense for critical chance and damage. This should allow you to deal with level 80-100 no problem. If you could also get a riven for it then it would be even better but a critical and status zarr is probably the best build fr it and is what I use with a riven.

1 hour ago, (PS4)VIKINGSLUE said:

I think that instead of hammer shot and rime rounds you should go Point Strike and Vital Sense for critical chance and damage. This should allow you to deal with level 80-100 no problem. If you could also get a riven for it then it would be even better but a critical and status zarr is probably the best build fr it and is what I use with a riven.

Thanks i'll try it out. A riven is definitely the way to go, you're right, gotta grab one sooner or later. I guess i still have my curiosity about lowering status chance for barrage mode. If i understand correctly the shotgun multishot system, status chance will be split among those 7 pellets (or more if multishot procs), but maybe not so much people use this weapon in shotgun mode.

Anyway i like how Point Strike/Vital-sense add to the versatility of the weapon, thank you.

Edited by (PS4)Dublincore

4 minutes ago, (PS4)Dublincore said:

Thanks i'll try it out. A riven it definitely the way to go, you're right, gotta grab one sooner or later. I guess i still have my curiosity about lowering status chance for barrage mode. If i understand correctly the shotgun multishot system, status chance will be split among those 7 pellets (or more if multishot procs), but maybe not so much people use this weapon in shotgun mode.

Anyway i like how Point Strike/Vital-sense add to the versatility of the weapon, thank you.

The shotgun status chance only works if it is over 100% meaning that every pellet will proc a status. But the barrage mode on Zarr is not very good or worth modding for compared to other shotguns but you could still mod for it if you wanted to. Most people usually use the cannon as it is the strongest part of the weapon but it is up to you which to mod for. But the weapon destroys endgame enemies easy in cannon mode.