Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Raiders Of The Lost Artifact

beol

People are missing no map mode (ok, a few people)

People are complaining pre-emptively about the loss of raid mode.

Spy and Deception are much-hated modes, but the reaction to the plan for them has been positive, because DE is offering new improved modes as their replacement.

I love exploring in games, but some features or warframe in general, and nightmare mode in particular, make the no-map mode less of an "exploration" mode and more of a "frustrating punishment" mode. These are the infinite respawning enemies, and the possibility of being combined with time limits or life or reasource drain (effectively another method of delivering a time crunch)

What if we made a special mission mode for no-map, though? What if we remade raid into raid for the lost artifact?

So we take raid. Remove the map. Remove enemy respawn. You now have to explore, find the artifact, take it, and find the exit, without backtracking penalizing (or rewarding) you with respawns. 

.. remember, its a LOST artifact.

(I would also be interested in hearing other proposals for a unique no-map mission type)

Also, gigantic roller trap. Make it so.

Huh. Update 9.4 hotfix:

• Don’t allow 0 shields in nightmare mode if Vampire mode is in effect.
  • Energy Drain mode now gives zero shields in addition to draining energy. Reduced chance of Energy -Drain mode (33% instead of 50%).
  • Mobile Defense is now exempt from No-HUD mode.
  • No-Mini Map mode removed as it was universally despised (but if you really liked it, a post-it note will do the trick).

Edit: Wait my bad, I now understand.

You want no map with some lost artifact mode, sorry.

Edited by scavenge

NO!

Practice showed that no minmap is horrible for any type of mission with current level design.

Be it raid or lost artifact or what ever, being unnable to know where to go in this maze of corridors is painful and unpleasant.

So I am againt those in any form.