Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

This Is Really Getting Ridiculous....

Xylia

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/631913746654312820/AA07FE2ADCB0CFFE13AD25C156545341683D90AF/

See anything wrong with this picture?

I have SEVEN Flow mods, and 0 Focus.

This is probably the 4th Flow I've gotten from Mercury grineer.

And see those Hell's Chambers at the bottom? There's one more offscreen AND I used two in Fusion.

How many Barrel Diffusions and Split Chambers have I found?

1 Barrel Diffusion I found in a Void 3 mission, and 1 I got from Xini.

1 Split Chamber, from I forget where.

.....and 8 Hell's Chambers.

The RNG system really needs to put diminishing returns on mods you already have so that it is more likely to drop ones you don't have any of, or something....

Yes, yes, I know... "It's RNG!"

I'm saying the RNG could be tweaked to avoid this kind of nonsense.

EDIT: Normally I wouldn't complain about 1 mod....but Focus is one of THE most important mods in the whole freaking game and not having one is seriously hurting my Warframes' potential.

Edited by Xylia

EDIT: Normally I wouldn't complain about 1 mod....but Focus is one of THE most important mods in the whole freaking game and not having one is seriously hurting my Warframes' potential.

Depends on your frame.

Though I agree they could implement the alert system for mods to allow a more balanced rng instead of complete rng system.

wait for trade!!! i think u will make a pretty penny by trading those.. now if trading does come in to play.. u might beable to sell those for a ton more if u use other mods (not flow mods) to upgrade them to max. Or you can trade a flow for a focus.. :) i have an extra focus so if u cant find one when trading starts, find me and ill hook you up!

focus should be 40% damage i find 30% is slightly too low.. even though i cant complain about 30% extra damage ;)

Edited by DeathByTeaCup

Focus isn't really that important. High level enemies shrug off damage from abilities; it's all about CC, meaning duration, range, max energy, and energy efficiency are all of higher priority.

e: I do agree with you though, OP. It took my friend weeks to find Split Chamber after he started farming it. During that time, I fused over 10 spare copies into other stuff.

Edited by litlir

How about this:

+ You get a new mod when you reach a certain number of mods.

+ Until that, the chance you get mod will be base on RNG, but only around those mods you already have.

+ This system made to control the progress of player, like XP in leveling. You dont get new skill too early, or too late.

Still believe in RNG, *@##$es?

How about this:

+ Until that, the chance you get mod will be base on RNG, but only around those mods you already have.

+ This system made to control the progress of player, like XP in leveling. You dont get new skill too early, or too late.

Can I get a new mod when I reach x+1 mods where x was my previous mod count?

I'd love to see a system where every time you get a mod to drop, you get a +x% chance the game re-rolls if that mod comes up again.

Example: You get a Pistol Gambit (Common) to drop. Pistol Gambit now has a 5% chance to re-roll the result if it drops again.

Let's say, 4-5 drops later, it lands on Pistol Gambit again. The game rolls, and determines it should not re-roll (it was only 5% chance). You get the Pistol Gambit, and now it has a 10% chance to re-roll if it lands on Pistol Gambit.

Well, let's say you keep getting the stupid things because of blind, dumb luck. You've gotten 7 of them by now, and there's still a mod in the Common list you've not seen yet. Maybe, I don't know, Null Star. Let's say it lands on Pistol Gambit for the 8th time. THIS time, it falls within the 35% chance.

The game rolls again, and gives you something OTHER than Pistol Gambit.

It will keep doing this until you've gotten 1 of every mod from the list. Upon getting 1 of every mod from the list, it resets the counters on all the mods of that type (Uncommon/Rare).

Now to make things simpler, we could apply it only to Uncommon and Rare mods. Commons are, well, fairly Common and easy to get. Though I think Warframe mods should be skewed to whatever Warframe you are currently using, perhaps +20% chance if a Warframe Power drops, it is a power for your CURRENT Warframe.

With this suggestion, it would be nearly impossible to get 7 flows and 0 Focus, or 8 Hell's Chambers and 1 Barrel Diffusion.

Obviously, Defense Wave Rewards would not count towards this. This would only be for mob drops.

EDIT: Fusion Cores would be exempt from this rule.

Edited by Xylia

How about this:

that could start issues with the fusion core drops though...

This is probably the 4th Flow I've gotten from Mercury grineer.

Mh, interesting.. I have the inverse problem, I'm continuing to find a ton of Streamline and Focus rewards from infested defense on Jupiter and Eris.

I'll try to farm mercury, honestly I didn't it so much.. usually, which missions are you do?

Mh, interesting.. I have the inverse problem, I'm continuing to find a ton of Streamline and Focus rewards from infested defense on Jupiter and Eris.

I'll try to farm mercury, honestly I didn't it so much.. usually, which missions are you do?

Usually M Prime. Sometimes, if I'm bored of that, I'll throw a Tolstoj run in; you can actually sell the Seer components if you already have Seer for the same price as the blueprints. Also, Banshee Chassis sells for 3500 too and is somewhat common from M Prime.

I find that for time/effort spent, there's no reason for me to go to Earth over Mercury, because that 4-5 XP per mob does not make enough of a difference and the mobs die a heck of a lot faster.

The only reason I'd go to Earth over Mercury is if I need Rubedo. The neurodes simply don't drop often enough for me to warrant going to Earth more often.