The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Roaming Fortress (Semi-Open IC RP)

Rakawan

18 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

(( Sorry I misread the post))

”My guy says to split up but it would be really risky. We have no clue what Lech is hiding.”

HL14 and HL17 step forward.

”We scout.” HL14 says. “Shields protect us long enough to call for backup.”

6 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

~I AM THE GAPING MAW AT THE EDGE OF YOUR KNOWLEDGE.~ The words force themselves into your minds like nails into wood. ~But you may call me Nemesis. Your presence here is tolerated because you bear a gift. Do not presume you may pass this way again unchallenged. The next time I see you here, I will demand a tithe. I. HAVE. SPOKEN!~

The pain subsides to a dull throbbing ache that refuses to go away.

”Take us back another hundred meters.” Eli says. “And notify our forces on the colony that they will need to make due with their present supplies. At least until we can find out what this Thing wants as tithe.”

*Zaeed doesn't get up, he still grips his head*"Ugh, your worse then mercy, what do you want!?" *Nemesis may feel the stress from his talk from Ryoko and the events that unfolded still tormenting his mind, this is not helping, it seems its takeing a toll on him* "EIL!"

8 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Zaeed doesn't get up, he still grips his head*"Ugh, your worse then mercy, what do you want!?" *Nemesis may feel the stress from his talk from Ryoko and the events that unfolded still tormenting his mind, this is not helping, it seems its takeing a toll on him* "EIL!"

~Yiu seem stressed. Come to me. I can end your suffering. I can remake you. I...~

The voice cuts out, the distance and your own mental defenses providing a barrier against it. 

Just now, -Platinum- said:

*Dax is currently in the airlock, it seems he has attempted to, well, just lunch himself out, Dax is waving* "Like I said, I hate Infested, you're on your own Holden!"

Holden couldn't blame him. Not many people would have realistically willingly stepped into the middle of a den of repurposed flesh hellbent on consumption of all life.

The airlock switched and Holden carried the crate through into the dark, dimly lit interior of the dented Liset. It was silent other than the creaking of strained metal, random gurgles, and the occasional scuttling of small infested creatures lurking in the corners and under the floor.

A door on his left opened, breaking the silence, and a Nidus walked out.

"Kapak," Holden said, placing the box of shells on the floor, "I came as promised, and here is your offering."

Kapak approached Holden with cheer in his step. His limbs were now fully formed, but the flesh covering his chest was still not closed. "Oh, man, Holden, you are a lifesaver. You would not believe the kind of technology the Corpus unit near here has. I'm forced to use conventional weaponry just to stand a chance. In fact," Kapak glanced at the wall, Holden's gaze following him, landing on what appears to be a gleaming piece of golden metal within the webs of infested tissue that lined the walls, "I might soon have to meet up with another old friend."

Holden turned back to the airlock. "There are still a couple boxes left. Return with me and I can finish loading them faster."

"In a hurry?" Kapak asked as they stepped into the airlock.

"Well, perhaps a little pressed for time," Holden said, "I have some more business to attend to."

"Ah," Kapak said, waving his hand, "something to do with the big shiny ship outside, eh? The Remnant? Figured you'd hate the hoity toity nature of Orokin Impersonators."

"Not all of them as 'fake' as you would believe. However, your lead statement is correct, I do in fact hate them. But the will of the Veil is my will."

They stepped back into Holden's ship. "Oh hello," Kapak said to Dax.

18 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

HL14 and HL17 step forward.

”We scout.” HL14 says. “Shields protect us long enough to call for backup.”

Ha'ruk looked at the two heavy lancers and sighed. "Alright, go ahead. But come back quickly, I don't want to have an unnecessary casualties"

3 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

They stepped back into Holden's ship. "Oh hello," Kapak said to Dax.

*Dax looks at him* "Hi, I'm not tasty or anything, just...a normal tenno, who really..wants to leave" *He is pushing the airlock button, as fast as possible, it seems a tough bounty hunter, does have a real fear, and... it's Infested* 

On 1/29/2018 at 3:14 PM, -Platinum- said:

*Dax looks at him* "Hi, I'm not tasty or anything, just...a normal tenno, who really..wants to leave" *He is pushing the airlock button, as fast as possible, it seems a tough bounty hunter, does have a real fear, and... it's Infested* 

"Relax, I'm just a normal Tenno too, heh," Kapak said, leaning over and picking up a box of the Tigris shells while Holden did the same. "Ah well, nice to meet you, see ya later, or never if you'd prefer it."

They returned back into the airlock, Holden chuckling as the door closed.

Abaddon popped up on the table next to Dax. "I sense escalated blood pressure and increased heart rate. Please calm down, Mr. Kapak is usually quite a kind individual according to his recent behavioral analysis. It is only when he is in a malnutritioned state that he resorts to violence to maim others as prey."

Edited by Almighty_Jado

14 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

"Ugh.." He shakes and coughs* "Infested piece of.."

“When my Master reclaims this systems I will personally lead the Purifiers in cleansing that foul presence.” Eli “It has no place in our empire.”

14 minutes ago, DeathInDesguise456 said:

Ha'ruk looked at the two heavy lancers and sighed. "Alright, go ahead. But come back quickly, I don't want to have an unnecessary casualties"

They take the tunnels on the side.

”I will take the middle”. Luc says. “If you hear screaming and gunfire give it five minutes. I’ll probably have them on the run by then.”

21 hours ago, Rakawan said:

“When my Master reclaims this systems I will personally lead the Purifiers in cleansing that foul presence.” Eli “It has no place in our empire.”

*He groans, sitting up* "No infested derives to be here, they where a mistake, let me know when you will get on that, I do have a friend there"

On 1/29/2018 at 3:14 PM, -Platinum- said:

On 1/29/2018 at 3:19 PM, Almighty_Jado said:

"Relax, I'm just a normal Tenno too, heh," Kapak said, leaning over and picking up a box of the Tigris shells while Holden did the same. "Ah well, nice to meet you, see ya later, or never if you'd prefer it."

They returned back into the airlock, Holden chuckling as the door closed.

Abaddon popped up on the table next to Dax. "I sense escalated blood pressure and increased heart rate. Please calm down, Mr. Kapak is usually quite a kind individual according to his recent behavioral analysis. It is only when he is in a malnutritioned state that he resorts to violence to maim others as prey."

Holden and Kapak reentered the dark atmosphere of his ship.

"That's the last of them," Holden said, dropping the crate on the floor.

"I appreciate this a lot," Kapak said, reaching into a nearby sphincter on the wall and pulling out his rusted Tigris Prime, the Dreadmare. He cracked open the barrels and thumbed a pair of shells in. He clicked it shut, exhaling with content at the sound of the reload.

"Ah, the way it should be. Thanks, man." Kapak said, offering out his hand. Holden accepted the handshake, performing the customary Red Veil secret handshake with him. "Now I suppose you have other things to do? Busy schedule to keep?"

"That I do," Holden said, "and shall be off. I pray Rell watches over your next movements and blesses you with an eye for precision."

Holden turned and entered the airlock, but not before quickly slapping a small, red ring onto the side wall of Kapak's ship. A tracking beacon. I have done my part. I have fulfilled my debts, Holden thought as the airlock closed behind him, now it's time for you to pay yours.

On 1/30/2018 at 12:26 PM, -Platinum- said:

*He groans, sitting up* "No infested derives to be here, they where a mistake, let me know when you will get on that, I do have a friend there"

“Hopefully they finish their business there before our purge.” Eli says. “Once this Holden finishes his work we will bring you to our master.”

1 hour ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden and Kapak reentered the dark atmosphere of his ship.

"That's the last of them," Holden said, dropping the crate on the floor.

"I appreciate this a lot," Kapak said, reaching into a nearby sphincter on the wall and pulling out his rusted Tigris Prime, the Dreadmare. He cracked open the barrels and thumbed a pair of shells in. He clicked it shut, exhaling with content at the sound of the reload.

"Ah, the way it should be. Thanks, man." Kapak said, offering out his hand. Holden accepted the handshake, performing the customary Red Veil secret handshake with him. "Now I suppose you have other things to do? Busy schedule to keep?"

"That I do," Holden said, "and shall be off. I pray Rell watches over your next movements and blesses you with an eye for precision."

Holden turned and entered the airlock, but not before quickly slapping a small, red ring onto the side wall of Kapak's ship. A tracking beacon. I have done my part. I have fulfilled my debts, Holden thought as the airlock closed behind him, now it's time for you to pay yours.

“When you have concluded your business, return to our ship.” Eli says. “We should not linger here.”

31 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“Hopefully they finish their business there before our purge.” Eli says. “Once this Holden finishes his work we will bring you to our master.”

“When you have concluded your business, return to our ship.” Eli says. “We should not linger here.”

*He Nods* "I hope so" *He leans* "Sounds great to meet him"

28 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden turns to Dax. "Alright then, Dax Ascension. I suppose this is where we part ways."

((@-Platinum-))

*He nods* "Indeed, was good working with you holden"

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

There's a clunking sound as Kapak's ship pulls away from the airlock. Abaddon guides the ship to a nearby piece of ship wreckage that he scanned and deemed infestation-free. The airlock opened, allowing Dax to get off and wait in relative safety for his own ship.

"Blessings with you, Dax," Holden said, making a strange gesture with his hands, "may the Chains of Harrow bind and protect you from harm, and the Hollow Expanse pose you no threat. Go in strength." He wished him farewell.

1 hour ago, -Platinum- said:

*He Nods* "I hope so" *He leans* "Sounds great to meet him"

Holden turns to Dax. "Alright then, Dax Ascension. I suppose this is where we part ways."

((@-Platinum-))

With Dax left on an asteroid and Holden back on board the ship jumps back into the Fold. 

It what feels like remarkably little time it slows down. Gazing out the window or the viewport reveals a shocking scene. Three full fleets of Orokin ships, each one led by a Dreadnought, composed of fighters, carriers, and cruisers, all guarding a massive station. 

“That is the Divinity.” Eli says. “The Crown of the Orokin. A mobile battle station.”

12 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

With Dax left on an asteroid and Holden back on board the ship jumps back into the Fold. 

It what feels like remarkably little time it slows down. Gazing out the window or the viewport reveals a shocking scene. Three full fleets of Orokin ships, each one led by a Dreadnought, composed of fighters, carriers, and cruisers, all guarding a massive station. 

“That is the Divinity.” Eli says. “The Crown of the Orokin. A mobile battle station.”

Kapak stared in awe out of the hangar and at the fleet of anciently designed ships. If his jaw dropped, his hooded face hid it.

How can this be...? All of this built right under the nose of us all?

1 hour ago, Rakawan said:

“That is the Divinity,” Eli says. “The Crown of the Orokin. A mobile battle station.”

*Both his brows rise* "By the void..its so...beautifully designed, How...how did you preserve them?"

There's a clunking sound as Kapak's ship pulls away from the airlock. Abaddon guides the ship to a nearby piece of ship wreckage that he scanned and deemed infestation-free. The airlock opened, allowing Dax to get off and wait in relative safety for his own ship.

"Blessings with you, Dax," Holden said, making a strange gesture with his hands, "may the Chains of Harrow bind and protect you from harm, and the Hollow Expanse pose you no threat. Go in strength." He wished him farewell.

*Dax folds his arms and waits for his ship, still near Eris* "Bring, back, bring back, oh bring back my body to me...to me"

Kapak stared in awe out of the hangar and at the fleet of anciently designed ships. If his jaw dropped, his hooded face hid it.

How can this be...? All of this built right under the nose of us all?

50 minutes ago, -Platinum- said:

*Both his brows rise* "By the void..its so...beautifully designed, How...how did you preserve them?"

“A full compliment of corrupted kept it secure.” Eli says. “The contingency program kept it moving. It has a fully functional fold engine and point defense systems.”

The ship moves closer.

“The empire is alive and well.” Eli says. “Although two of our fleets are currently otherwise engaged, the majority of our forces can be seen here. It is a welcome sight after three years spent walking this unruly system.”

The Divinity appears to be made up of several towers linked together, each tower forming a spike on the “crown.” The center tower its symmetrical and large then the others. 

20 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

“A full compliment of corrupted kept it secure.” Eli says. “The contingency program kept it moving. It has a fully functional fold engine and point defense systems.”

The ship moves closer.

“The empire is alive and well.” Eli says. “Although two of our fleets are currently otherwise engaged, the majority of our forces can be seen here. It is a welcome sight after three years spent walking this unruly system.”

The Divinity appears to be made up of several towers linked together, each tower forming a spike on the “crown.” The center tower its symmetrical and large then the others. 

Holden looked around at the strangely empty hangar. I wonder if they will make me wear something else? He wondered. He'd obviously stand out in his black and red suit right now, and wouldn't mind wearing something else to help him "fit in". 

34 minutes ago, Rakawan said:

The ship moves closer.

*He nods* "Yeah, I'm glad to see it, I..is any of the...nembers of the orokin still..alive?"

5 hours ago, -Platinum- said:

*He nods* "Yeah, I'm glad to see it, I..is any of the...nembers of the orokin still..alive?"

5 hours ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Holden looked around at the strangely empty hangar. I wonder if they will make me wear something else? He wondered. He'd obviously stand out in his black and red suit right now, and wouldn't mind wearing something else to help him "fit in". 

There is a flash of golden light and a voice echoes out. It seems almost familiar, like from a half remembered dream, and young.

“Zaeed Zi’teer.” The young man says. “It lifts my spirits to see you well, my friend.”

As one the people in the room drop to one knee.

The young man has gray skin, though not as pronounced as Ballas’, carries a sword and shield, and is clearly Orokin. He is wearing a plated robe.

”My Lord.” Eli says, bowing his head as he takes a knee. “It is not safe for you to be here.”

”Nonsense, Eli.” The man says. “The Trader saved my life before. I do not believe he means me harm.”

Edited by Rakawan