Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Social Spaces

(XBOX)HK Thaniel

So since the relays are slowly but surely being destroyed I would like to recommend a new style of social space and how it can fit into the lore of warframe. 

First let's talk factions. A system (similar to the steel meridian HQ) FOR every faction where players must earn a right of passage by completing their warframe quest to enter and with each rank be able to unlock new locations within the space. Also a set of venders that are faction specific that take a currency specific to the gender that are earned through missions of theirs. The venders should have items not available outside if that space and are untradable. Also add Clan Dojo decor and ship decor that you can buy from them and are specific and themed around them.

Now for the main social space. Once all the relays are destroyed ( including maroos) a quest should trigger where we must find a new place to plant our feet and lead the survivors. The space could be a large forgotten Tennon city or maybe an old orokin dreadnought lost in space. Either way it should be unlockable after Vor's prize is complete and should contain the surviving representatives of each faction as well as Maroo and tmthe other survivors. Along with reclaimed orokin defences and a living, breathing environment for us all to call home.

12 minutes ago, xXHobbitXx said:

they arent slowly and surely being destroyed at all, De have programmed them so they cant be destroyed anymore so your point is pointless

So... lets clean this mess, shall we?

Yes, the relay can still be destroyed by fomorians attacks.

Plus, i think the point of OP is that players are no longer using the relays to chat and do stuff as often as before, therefore, they are slowly dying. 

As a matter of fact, i used to spend 3 to 5 hours each day on larunda making dark humor and deprorable chatting with others, now, most of the times i go there, there is no one, not even the friendly Guide of the neighborhood.

This:

13 minutes ago, (Xbox One)Azkul Lok said:

Now for the main social space. Once all the relays are destroyed ( including maroos) a quest should trigger where we must find a new place to plant our feet and lead the survivor

Unluckly, we already saw in past devstreams that there are quests aimed to the reconstruction of destroyed relays.

I like the idea of syndacate-themed social spaces, but that is most probably impossible (money and time...) but i agree that an area FOR TENNO ONLY (even NPC-Operators / NPC-Warframes doing random stuff around) is needed and absolutely interesting. But then again, money and time, and social areas does not give DE any money, so economically they are a loss. 

We'll see, maybe sometime they will have extra resources to give, for now, they seem all focused on lore and updates.. and NERFS  reworks.

Edited by Kyryo

no relays cant be destroyed :) formorian attacks dont change anything, they are programmed to drop in % at a  certain rate so they dont get destroyed, or we would have lost multiple realys over past few years which we have not even though all the events :) this is all well documented, relays CAN NOT be destroyed by events they are programmed not to, even though the events imply they can be, it just isnt true anymore

Edited by xXHobbitXx

2 hours ago, Kyryo said:

Unluckly, we already saw in past devstreams that there are quests aimed to the reconstruction of destroyed relays.

I like the idea of syndacate-themed social spaces, but that is most probably impossible (money and time...)

The syndicate wouldn't be impossible if they combine the quest to rebuild the relays with the syndicates. Have an arms race where each relay has 2 factions fighting for it (invasion style). Since there are 7 relays they could keep vesper as the neutral one where all factions are welcome and have the the other 6 being contested. Players would do the mission for the faction they want to win but the catch is that each faction only fights 1 other faction. So let's say the steel meridian and the Perrin sequence would only fight each other over 2 relays. Say if they were fighting over orcus and strata and the Steel meridian won orcus then they would become uninterested in strata and it would go to Perrin Sequence by default. Then the relays would be designed based on the faction that owns it. Also maybe allow access to the faction relays to those who it a certain rank in the faction. 

3 hours ago, (Xbox One)Azkul Lok said:

So since the relays are slowly but surely being destroyed I would like to recommend a new style of social space and how it can fit into the lore of warframe. 

Not even remotely true. There are plans to allow them to be rebuilt. Off to a great start.

There's clearly an idea to add a Relay type space for every faction, asking for it doesn't make it happen faster.

Player progression currently requires access to a Relay, so there is an infinitely small chance they allow the rest of the player base to cause a hard progression blocker for new players.

"Our" home is our Orbiter. The Grineer and Corpus would covet the chance to just get everyone in the same space at the same time, outside the Void. A nice big target.

21 hours ago, peterc3 said:

"Our" home is our Orbiter. The Grineer and Corpus would covet the chance to just get everyone in the same space at the same time, outside the Void. A nice big target.

cuz 3500 tennos ammassing in a relay to punch baro ki teer in da face every 2 week are not a big target :)