Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New mission type idea

RustBacket

I recently had an idea of a mission type observing the defence mode. I call it the breakthrough.

Imagine a fairly big canyon. In this canyon there are layers of defences and at the end of it a base that houses a vital target. As a tenno you must pass every layer of defence to get to the base and either claim or destroy the target(depending on what it is).

Lets have a look at the elements of this mission individually

The defensive layers

The canyon will have defenses simply called layers. Each layer will be more difficult than the last one. For example the first layer will be nothing more than a few types of grineer or corpus troops with a few barriers to take cover. The deeper you get there will be turrets, walls, locks, stronger enemies, etc.  Every few layers there will be a reward, and at the end the player will get the ultimate reward.

Styles of play

Players will be given the ability to tackle this with long range and/or stealth playstyles. If a player wants, he can stealth it and pass a layer without even killing anyone and the sizable areas will allow players that favour sniper rifles to participate in the art they like.

Modes

Besides the typical attack, players could be the defenders, tasked with defending the base and each defensive layer. In the case of the infastation, the players can only play defence.

In closing, I dont' think breakthrough is a complex mode, but it would mix things up a bit more.