Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gara vs Frost...

(PSN)AbBaNdOn_IGN

Question

I've never been into playing a defense warframe but now that im getting stronger and want to do survivals, excavations, and defense missions solo Im wanting to invest into one of these two warframes.   Now I totally prefer to use female warframes if I can.  I already have and maxed out my Gara frame and it was ok.  Looked kinda like a nuisane warframe for low level stuff so I just used her the bare minimum.

Between Her and Frost can she hold her own in protecting targets???  Or does frost have a major advantage over gara??   

I've seen people say Gara is OP and that she is going to be nerfed...can somebody explain why people think that or in what way they think she will get nerfed??   Her wall I noticed tends to keep enemies out unlike frost's bubble which lets stuff in but slows it.   Is this what they are talking about? 

My favorite thing to use right now is Valkyr w/ HP regen aura.   With her armor and HP regen aura she is almost invincible and when she does get hurt bad I just go berserk and heal back to full anyways.   What type of aura is best to use on a defense warframe???  Probably Energy regen so you can always plop down bubbles???  Acid Projection??

Is there any other warframes that are good at protecting an area??  I know zephyr can make bubbles that block bullets but it doesnt last very long and its centered on you...(zephyr was fun to use with her passive).   What about Mag and her bullet bubble.  I never tried to use it defensively so I dont know if it works on enemy bullets lol.  But that could be awesome because it damages stuff in the bubble (rushing melee enemies) just from the ability , not to mention all the bullets it sucks up..   Again tho magnetize im not sure how long it lasts.  It might compete with gara/frost bubbles.....

Im not sure who all this applies to but whats the best energy color to make your abilities the most clear and easy to see through????   I have whites and blacks.  Not very much grey.

On 1/8/2018 at 5:17 AM, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_IGN said:

I've never been into playing a defense warframe but now that im getting stronger and want to do survivals, excavations, and defense missions solo Im wanting to invest into one of these two warframes.   Now I totally prefer to use female warframes if I can.  I already have and maxed out my Gara frame and it was ok.  Looked kinda like a nuisane warframe for low level stuff so I just used her the bare minimum.

Between Her and Frost can she hold her own in protecting targets???  Or does frost have a major advantage over gara??   

I've seen people say Gara is OP and that she is going to be nerfed...can somebody explain why people think that or in what way they think she will get nerfed??   Her wall I noticed tends to keep enemies out unlike frost's bubble which lets stuff in but slows it.   Is this what they are talking about? 

My favorite thing to use right now is Valkyr w/ HP regen aura.   With her armor and HP regen aura she is almost invincible and when she does get hurt bad I just go berserk and heal back to full anyways.   What type of aura is best to use on a defense warframe???  Probably Energy regen so you can always plop down bubbles???  Acid Projection??

Is there any other warframes that are good at protecting an area??  I know zephyr can make bubbles that block bullets but it doesnt last very long and its centered on you...(zephyr was fun to use with her passive).   What about Mag and her bullet bubble.  I never tried to use it defensively so I dont know if it works on enemy bullets lol.  But that could be awesome because it damages stuff in the bubble (rushing melee enemies) just from the ability , not to mention all the bullets it sucks up..   Again tho magnetize im not sure how long it lasts.  It might compete with gara/frost bubbles.....

Im not sure who all this applies to but whats the best energy color to make your abilities the most clear and easy to see through????   I have whites and blacks.  Not very much grey.

Gara got nerved in December, too hard imo.

I would take a Frost over a Gara ANY DAY if we are talking pure defenses.