Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Halting the Cure: New Event Idea

Vicsvinny

I apologize in advance if 'Fan Concepts' is the wrong place for this. If so, I have no problems with it being moved to the appropriate section . I also apologize for how long this will be. But I like getting deep into it :)

So first of, this is gonna sound a bit like the Tubemen of Regor, but I still think it's fair game for a new event.

My idea is that the Grineer have finally reached the cusp of understanding the cure for the cloning defect, despite the fact that Tyl Regor is dead, Rotting like a Bottomfeeder at the Bottom of the Sea, the Grineer aren't stupid. That WHOLE lab, plus the other buildings you can see out of the windows on Uranus, weren't housing ONE mad scientist and garrisons of Drekar troopers. Gameplay wise, yeah. pretty much that and a few drones and submarines. LOREWISE, that place must've been crawling with the brightest minds in the Empire, tirelessly blowing the days away dissecting, experimenting, and whatever creepy and twisted stuff they would do down there. All on the Queens payroll. If one takes the time to look around the Uranus labs, there's some F-ed up stuff down there.

I'm getting sidetracked. The elimination of Tyl Regor was a brutal thorn in the Grineer's side. That dude was on the verge of cracking the code, on the verge of making the PERFECT Grineer. Then the Tenno come, blow up his labs, murder his Tubemen and then put a 'few' bullets into his flipped helmet. But his ENTIRE research couldn't have been destroyed. unless the Grineer have never heard of Databanks, the 'SAVE' feature on most computer Word documents, or heck even a flash drive, his research wasn't completely annihilated. So how long would it take for all those scientists, plus the immeasurable others scattered throughout the Empire to keep working on that? Even now so that the Tenno are busy with Hunhow, fishing, hanging up pictures in their Orbiters, and Fashionframe. They are essentially free to work on this as they see fit.

So on with the Event: The Grineer have done it. They have successfully made a batch of the cured Grineer. And they are arming the Cured for war. Lotus receives some disturbing news that a new type of Grineer has been raiding Corpus shipping lanes, these Grineer are unlike any Lancers, Manics or Ghouls. They are almost like super-soldiers. So she sends the Tenno to investigate this aboard a Corpus freighter that was recently raided.

Onboard, the Tenno run into a strike-group of these 'Cured', and a firefight ensues. The Cured would be wearing full-body heavy armour, be wielding the best weaponry the Grineer can offer and possess special abilities useful in squads and teams such as a Medic, Heavy, Sniper, etc etc. After the Tenno is finished killing them, Lotus is concerned now more than ever. The Grineer did it. This has to end before it can set foot into the ground.

In a surprise turn of events, Frohd Bek contacts us, stating he too is gravely concerned about this, and offers help in locating the facility which is responsible for this. (It's obviously Uranus)

So after a few more missions involving the deaths of more 'Cured', the birthplace is tracked to the labs of Uranus. The Tenno are sent to destroy that lab.

Now I think it'd be interesting if once the mission starts, it's a survival, and we need to hold out for X amount of time while a 'Lone Tenno Operative' infiltrates the facility to sabotage something of great importance. While of course, we provide the distraction.

"Oh but Vics, where's the fun in that?" Here's the fun: The MotherKicking NIGHTWATCH.

They will completely replace the Drekar, being how this facility holds possibly the most important thing in the Empire besides the Queens who have Kuva units defending them, The Nightwatch will defend the Cured. After the halfway point arrives, then Cured will flood the ranks alongside Nightwatch.

This mission will be played until the universal damage meter fills up and the facility erupts into a subatomic nuclear explosion. Then Lotus rewards us, Frohd Bek says thank you and sends an Ambulas after us, and we all live happily ever after.

THEN HUNHOW RETURNS!!!!!!!

Thanks for taking the time to read this. I've been thinking about this for a while, and I really want to see the Nightwatch again. Because Nightwatch.

Looking it over, the idea sounds like a 'Story Event' or something and not just a simple 'Bag and Drag' Event.

I dunno, maybe subject for future questlines?

And it would most likely take place after the Sacrifice I guess. Depending if we get Lotus back. (Which I'm assuming we will)

I'd like to hear feedback, maybe add onto it. I know it's not perfect, but it's something I'd like to really see happen.