Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Scrapping Warframes And Weapons

philleapa

I lack the ability to sleep at the moment and a bunch of ideas rolled into my head which i will post into different threads of their own. (please forgive me if these ideas are bad, I haven't slept yet)

Lotus: Tenno i have been searching the data from all those void artifacts you have collected, I have found an old Orkin recycling system that will allow you to remove Catalysts or Reactors and Forma from your Weapon and or Warframe, but this comes at a very big price, The Orkins never sought to improve this system because it is said i one of the artifacts that the warframes and weapons were handed down upon many generations the older the weapon or warframe the stronger it had become.

Lotus: Keep up the good work Tenno, there maybe other lost Orkin Syst

Lotus: This is how the system works.

You have 2 destruction areas at your disposal that you may use to destroy weapons or warframes. (Attempting to destroy more than 2 things a time can result in a catastrophic failure causing a shockwave going off destroying most of your arsenal.  (destroying 2 weapons or 2 warframes at the same time is possible)

Scrapping Warframes and Weapons:

Waframe Scrapping:

Warframe is destroyed all mods on warframe will be returned to inventory.

Any Orkin Reactor Or Potato will be refunded as a blueprint.

Any froma used will be refunded but:

If 1 forma is used you will be refunded with a forma blueprint

If 2 forma is used you will be refunded with a freshly baked forma and a forma blueprint 

If 3 forma is used you will be refunded with 1 freshly baked forma and 2 forma blueprints

If 4 forma is used you will be refunded with 2 freshly baked forma and 2 forma blueprints

If 5 forma is used (Pattern is pretty easy to follow, if you don't catch on let me know)

Waframe will be destroyed and upon destruction you will be refunded your Orkin Reactor (Potato) blueprint and or your forma/forma blueprints

Destruction costs and time:

Takes 1 week to destroy warframe

Costs 5 Orkin cells

Costs 100,000 Credits

Can NOT rushed.

Weapon Scrapping:

Weapon is destroyed and all mods on weapon will be returned to inventory.

Any Orkin Catalyst or Potato will be refunded as a blueprint.

Any froma used will be refunded but:

If 1 forma is used you will be refunded with a forma blueprint

If 2 forma is used you will be refunded with a freshly baked forma and a forma blueprint 

If 3 forma is used you will be refunded with 1 freshly baked forma and 2 forma blueprints

If 4 forma is used you will be refunded with 2 freshly baked forma and 2 forma blueprints

If 5 forma is used (Pattern is pretty easy to follow, if you don't catch on let me know)

Weapon will be destroyed and upon destruction you will be refunded your Orkin Catalyst (Potato) blueprint and or your forma/forma blueprint

Destruction costs and time:

Takes 2 weeks to destroy weapon

Costs 5 Orkin Cells

Costs 100,000 Credits

Can NOT rushed.

Warframe and or Weapon will NOT take up a Warframe or Weapon slot while being destroyed

Only 2 things can be destroyed at a time. (1 warframe 1 weapon or 2 warframes and 0 weapons or 0 warframes and 2 weapons)

While Warframe and or Weapon is being destroyed you can decide to cancel only if there is still at least 2 days left.

While Warframe and or Weapon is being destroyed you can decide to sell it rather than destroy, your 5 Orkin Cells, 100,000 Credits will be refunded when you sell with the value of your weapon/warframe in credits (25k for a warframe and 5k for a weapon i think)

If you decide to cancel destruction or you decide to sell you will have to wait till the timer is up before you can use up the Destruction area (you only have 2 destruction areas)

Vandal Weapons that came pre supercharged and with their own weapon slot will have the slot destroyed with them and you will be given a Catalyst Blueprint with 3 times the resource costs as a regular Catalyst but it can be built while a regular catalyst is building. 

Please let me know what you guys think :D

I do stand by the Destruction Times and Costs as getting back your Catalyst/Reactor/Forma is a huge bonus.

Costing 5 Orkin cells is purely there because the system can be introduced as New Orkin Technology.

You would want to completely destroy a weapon/warframe to get the catalyst/reactor back?

Man I think I'd rather just farm another one, or buy it with plat.

My paris prime has an orkin catalyst and 3 formas in it and my Kunai have an orkin catalyst and 1 forma in it.

Not mentioning other weapons i have put a catalyst in them only to see that they don't match my play style.

I think a lot of people would destroy their weapons to get their forma and catalysts back. not sure about frames though most people only forma and potato a frame when they know they love it and will use it a lot.

Not really worth the destruction of a Frame/Weapon, especially when it cost 5 orokin cells and takes a week to do so.

I said i stand by the time and costs i never said they were justified, can anyone else come up with a better time than 1 or 2 weeks for this system.

I want to try and make this idea, orkin cells are moderately easy to farm but if more people think 5 orkin cells are too much i will change the cost to 1 orkin cell and for the time thing please let me know what you think a reasonable time will be.

Why would the Orokin have a giant recycling plant when they could have just built a dozen gold plated new ones?

Why did the orkin go extinct?

Why did they create a deadly virus to win a war when they could escape into the void?

I was providing a bit of a story and a use for all those artifacts from void people are collecting nothing more.

If they ever did this I think it should also require say maybe 10 platinum per potato/forma that was placed on the frame/weapon.  Purely for the reason that potatos and forma probably make a decent amount of money for DE and they wouldn't want to make it to easy to get them back after using them.  The game may be F2P but DE still has to make money. 

So i see this thread as:

I had good weapon or frame that i invested some potato and formas in, new weapons or frames are included in game so that makes my frame/weapon obsolete. So, DE please include this because i wanna play on new frame, but i dont wanne lose all materials that i invested in old one.

Free to play method doesnt support this, you invested potato and forma in frame and if you wanna delete it, you should lose all. Because that way DE can sell you more potatoes and formas to keep this game running.

Edited by RoboDog

So i see this thread as:

I had good weapon or frame that i invested some potato and formas in, new weapons or frames are included in game so that makes my frame/weapon obsolete. So, DE please include this because i wanna play on new frame, but i dont wanne lose all materials that i invested in old one.

Free to play method doesnt support this, you invested potato and forma in frame and if you wanna delete it, you should lose all. Because that way DE can sell you more potatoes and formas to keep this game running.

Its just an idea, although, i have forma'd many weapons and I don't mind losing them really, it might have been a bad idea, like i said in the OP i wasn't sure if this was a good idea or not as i had not slept yet and was just dishing out ideas.