Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Questions About Riven Mods

Cryptix123

Question

Well this is a little embarrassing but I've never actually opened a riven mod before - I just kept on selling my veiled ones for an easy 20-30 plat. But now I was looking to get a riven for my Scourge so I can keep up in Sortie level content so I have a few questions:

1) When you equip a veiled riven on a weapon is the riven guaranteed to be for that weapon?

2) Do the challenges have to be done with the weapon the riven is equipped on or can they be done with say an Ivara with an exalted bow?

3) Overall on a weapon with neutral disposition is it better to just buy a good riven off the bat or invest the kuva (its not a matter of time, since I enjoy doing Kuva missions anyway) in trying to roll something good?

Thanks for the help in advance.

5 answers to this question

1. No. Equipped weapon has literally nothing to do with it.

2. As long as the riven is equipped you can do the challenge with any of your three weapons. (A headshot glide challenge for your rifle riven can be completed with your secondary, for example.)

3. I'd invest the Kuva myself, but whether that's worth it or not is entirely up to you.

Edited by Shards-of-a-Soul

1 No

2 No, Yes. Anything goes so Doing so with Artemis bow does indeed work

3 Either or. Of course there is the chance that reroll 100 is still not to your liking but in general all people value their time differently. if I can I roll in general. unless I do not have the riven for that weapon then I may instantly go for one with good enough stats to at least start with.

1) No, it will be a random weapon.

2) Any applicable weapon or ability will work to complete the challenge.

3)Depends on how much plat you have available and at what price you find what you're looking for. I prefer rerolling it myself most of the time

Rivens are not too much of a complex system once you look into it a bit more. So I'll answer your questions in the same order.

1.) Weapon you get from the Riven is RNG, not based on what weapon you put it on while unlocking.

2.) Challenges can be unlocked with just the Riven being equipped, what you use is irrelevant.

3.) The rolls on their own are RNG based as well. I've bought a REALLY cheap Pandero Riven with some... Not too great stats, rolled it twice and got a really awesome roll, I'll put that down there.

In general, Rivens come in Handy, and as I remember Scourge, even with a Riven, is hardly Sortie viable. Especially since, well, you know, some Sorties are Enemy Elemental Enhancement. I don't wanna pop your bubble, but yeah :P In any case, if you need a somewhat decent Scourge Riven, I have one that I don't use, so I can trade it to you once I get online.

Other than that, here's my wonderful Pandero Riven *-*

2CBA33755965A1B4532D58F991EEBB128038FDCC

vor 15 Minuten schrieb Cryptix123:

Well this is a little embarrassing but I've never actually opened a riven mod before - I just kept on selling my veiled ones for an easy 20-30 plat. But now I was looking to get a riven for my Scourge so I can keep up in Sortie level content so I have a few questions:

1) When you equip a veiled riven on a weapon is the riven guaranteed to be for that weapon?

2) Do the challenges have to be done with the weapon the riven is equipped on or can they be done with say an Ivara with an exalted bow?

3) Overall on a weapon with neutral disposition is it better to just buy a good riven off the bat or invest the kuva (its not a matter of time, since I enjoy doing Kuva missions anyway) in trying to roll something good?

Thanks for the help in advance.

as Haynox already said Scourge is barely sortie viable with a riven. i have one myself which has great stats +pointless negative and it struggles. elemental enhancement is a nightmare so as eximus fortress since it simply lacks dps to support its status chance. heavy armored enemies are an issue too even tho it can strip armor pretty well. go for it if u really want to but dont expect it to do wonders.