Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nauseous Crawler. Waste Of Space?

Firetempest

Who has actually been rooted by a Nauseous Crawler?

I sometimes see them loitering around but just a hop and skip... or just running through them... takes care of them.

I've had to stand around on top of one just to see their effective spew happen.

Its not like there are dead bodies around for them to even surprise you like any  of the crawlers modus operandi.

How about replace them with a real show stopper if you're not paying attention.

Part Halflife barnacle, part The Fly, part Beastmaster Devourer.

This winged infested spawn up in the ceilings much like the Grineer spy balloons and wait for you to get near and do a tackle dive and root you in place if you wander too near. They engulf you and start to hurt you. Not necessarily thinking direct to health poison damage. But you have to keep hitting melee to rip it apart and get out, or a fellow Tenno could shoot it off.

g1DCc4s.jpg

Remembered this scene and gave me the idea.

Edited by Firetempest

You mean besides the Ancients.

Anyways, would be cool to have. I fear it'll get the same reaction Voltron Nervos had though...

Nervos problem was that you couldn't do anything solo and they were tiny to shoot off.

A whole infested would be quite different. A I mentioned you can fight free, and its a much larger target.

A bit like a Likelike

eGtndG1sMTI=_o_link-no-like-like--zelda-

Nervos problem was that you couldn't do anything solo and they were tiny to shoot off.

A whole infested would be quite different. A I mentioned you can fight free, and its a much larger target.

A bit like a Likelike

eGtndG1sMTI=_o_link-no-like-like--zelda-

I hate LikeLikes. ~_~ But I did feel triumphant when I murdered one. >:(

Pft, I always laughed at nervos. They were so easy to hit I would even kill them with a lex even after they had managed to stagger me. Quite frankly I find it incredibly worse that grineer took a good health and damage buff to remove them which now effectivelly makes grineer overpowered in damage when compared to other factions.

As for the crawlers though. I still get caught by them on rare ocasions. Many times I'm just hacking and slashing at large mobs and don't notice one that sliped in between the pile of dead bodies and masses of enemies comming at me. While this has never costed me a game it can because the stun time is HUGE!

So spitting stuns at long distances? No, you need ways toi kite stuns effectivelly and shooting isn't that easy to kite, worse if you get hit once you are perma stun then cause they'll just keep on spitting.

As for giving them legs... Again no because we're talking about infested, in a large enough mass forget being able to effectivelly target the one in the middle of the enemy masses, even ancients who are rather big can sometimes be hard to target if a big enough mass of enemies stands in the way.

They are good as they are. They are a real threat if you're not paying attention but that's it. If you make them a real threat which is balls hard to counter (on some situations) then there is only gonna be a lot of people making noise (and right so) about it.