Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Chains of Harrow questline is AMAZING

catandlenny

So I was doing the Chains of Harrow questline, right? When they mentioned the whatever it was that hummed and it relaxed him, I was thinking about how the sound was actually pretty pleasant... BUT WHEN I GOT TO THE CARD SEGMENT WITH THE FACIAL EXPRESSIONS, I NEARLY CRIED. RELL IS AUTISTIC Y'ALL. I myself am Autistic, so I know it when I see it, and upon figuring this out, it just made me feel so special and I legit had to step back, take a minute, and scream at my dad about how amazing this was. Like, seriously. I haven't finished the questline yet, but I just wanted to say to DE, if anyone on the team sees this, please tell everyone else I said thanks for making me feel special, and reminding me that my Autism doesn't make me stupid like most people believe. 

I like to write books in my spare time, and my special interest as an Autistic person is actually character development, so this just kinda hit me on so many levels, and now I know for sure I made the right decision when I cancelled my Warcraft subscription to play Warframe. Thank you guys for making such an awesome game, and not making everything way too expensive like Blizzard does. If you ever have any questions about Autism whatsoever (I'm sure you know someone else you can go to but in case you don't), please feel free to come to me and I'll answer to the best of my ability <3

Cool story. :D Yeah, Rell is (probably) on my top 7 favorite Warframe Characters list, it'd be nice to see him again. Quite frankly it's really nice to know that DO put something like that in Warframe, most of the heroes in stories are basically perfect, overpowering heroes with a past that barely gets brought up and like... No variation, no "impairments" or anything like autism, dyslexia, spina bifida or anything that really make them relate-able to real life people who go through it day to day or something to set them apart.

Then you have Warframe... Unique among games, a timeless work of art. Masters of the gun and blade and one of them actually had something making them truly different and which (if i remember correctly) made him able to do something no one else coculd, his Autism didn't weigh him down or make him an inconvenience, if he didn't have it something far worse would've happened and the Origin system would've had something more to worry about then the Orokin, Corpus, Grineer and if he's as bad as he sounds, perhaps something worse than the Sentients. DE really, or I guess I should say Relly did a good job on Rell, atleast I liked him.