Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Nikana ruins conclave

(PSN)Violet__Prince

I've seen that the dash distance on the Leading Blade combo has been reduced, but the issue of the nikana itself in the conclave is far from being 'fixed'. In fact, the reduce in the distance of said combo might even make it worse as it allows for faster attack chains. However, my main concern with this weapon is the Sudden Spring combo (slam combo). Now, it can be countered with enough practice but the fact that the slam itself is a 1 hit kill makes gameplay in the conclave overwhelmingly frustrating. To add to this, there is always going to be 1 or 2 people in a match that is going to be using the nikana. Guaranteed. In fact, on too many occasions I've found myself in lobbies where everyone is using it, and when everyone is using it, it becomes almost impossible to counter and I am forced to leave. It becomes even worse when paired with Ash because of his slash passive. The weapon is just broken.

It wasn't so bad when an attack before the initial slam was added. But, for some reason, it's back to the way it was. This weapon is ruining the experience, and taking all the fun out of the conclave. If it was my choice I would honestly remove the weapon from conclave entirely. Either way, I really hope something is done about it.

I think this is a prime example as to why we need a conclave melee rework.

When firing a gun in warframe eventually you will need ammo or reload the weapon to shoot again 

For powers you are constantly needing to gain energy or wait on it regenerating 

For melee? Nah lets just allow them to spam the same combo over and over without a pause period between the next combo execution 

I suggest adding a "combo cooldown timer" to stop combo spam and add consistency to our 3 modes of attack 

I also want the knockdown immunity to be removed on players in combo animations or so add knockdown immunity to those shooting to keep consistency 

8 hours ago, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

I think this is a prime example as to why we need a conclave melee rework.

When firing a gun in warframe eventually you will need ammo or reload the weapon to shoot again 

For melee? Nah lets just allow them to spam the same combo over and over without a pause period between the next combo execution 

I suggest adding a "combo cooldown timer" to stop combo spam and add consistency to our 3 modes of attack 

I also want the knockdown immunity to be removed on players in combo animations or so add knockdown immunity to those shooting to keep consistency 

How about we give players who have a melee weapon equiped an aura that reduces gun damage from opponents to zero within 5m of the melee player? You know, to keep consistency with melee dealing zero damage at range when guns do.

Edited by Nazrethim

26 minutes ago, Nazrethim said:

How about we give players who have a melee weapon equiped an aura that reduces gun damage from opponents to zero within 5m of the melee player? You know, to keep consistency with melee dealing zero damage at range when guns do.

Melee doesn't do 0 damage at range because channel blocking reflcts damage (even aoe damage) back at the person shooting which is pretty dumb 

On 1/23/2018 at 11:04 AM, (PS4)Xx-Ribbium-xX said:

think this is a prime example as to why we need a conclave melee rework.

Yea, 
A Realistic resolution I've stood by for-awhile
I'd like melee channeling to drain energy while you channel so that way, people at least make an effort.
I'd also like it to be this consistent thu all game-play modes.

hace 3 horas, Cicadeus dijo:

I'd like melee channeling to drain energy while you channel so that way, people at least make an effort.
I'd also like it to be this consistent thu all game-play modes.

Better then just add another resource for channeling, since I don't see guns requiring energy to operate.

6 hours ago, Nazrethim said:

Bullets don't share ammo use with powers.

Melee weapons don't run out of strikes since there's no stamina nor durability systems (can you imagine running for ammo boxes to repair your melee before it breaks and becomes useless until an ammo box adds a fixed amount of hits?)

Justo ahora, ----Legacy---- dijo:

Melee weapons don't run out of strikes since there's no stamina nor durability systems (can you imagine running for ammo boxes to repair your melee before it breaks and becomes useless until an ammo box adds a fixed amount of hits?)

You fail to consider the implications of getting channeling back.

If channeling returns, then melee weapon damage will go down to compensate, which means non-channeled attacks will do next to jacksquat in general. And unless it's a drain over time it also means multihit weapons will leave you dry after a single kill.

So if Channeling returns it needs to be some sort of Stamina system, that either regenerates over time or needs stamina orbs to be picked up. It needs to be separate from energy.

Do you understand my point now? Imagine if guns dealt scratch damage unless you dumped 5 to 15 energy per shot.

On 2/1/2018 at 4:13 AM, Nazrethim said:

which means non-channeled attacks will do next to jacksquat in general. And unless it's a drain over time it also means multihit weapons will leave you dry after a single kill.

I disagree, 
I think having channeled strikes do 10% more damage and having melee strikes do 10% less would work pretty fine.

The current co-op channeling system sucks. Conclave has already chosen to be different in these aspects while idk why they didn't just make it drain energy overtime.