Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Equinox material file is missing from her zip file

richardtrle

Well hello there, I wanna create a custom skin for Equinox and I have downloaded the sample files from Warframe TennoGen guide microsite, however some of her textures are missing and I cannot import the obj file since her mtl file is also missing, thanks in advance

5 hours ago, [DE]Syncrasis said:

Which textures are missing?

The base equinox, there is a folder named source, however the textures in there are not for the equinox (it lacks the normal map textures), because there is also another folder named CombinedInGameTextures which has the textures for her helmet but not for her body

17 minutes ago, richardtrle said:

The base equinox, there is a folder named source, however the textures in there are not for the equinox (it lacks the normal map textures), because there is also another folder named CombinedInGameTextures which has the textures for her helmet but not for her body

Ahh ok. So the source textures are just the AO and curve maps in case you needed them for anything (they're not actually used in the game, they're composited into the diffuse and I included them in the ZIP just in case you needed them for something). 

The thing about the combined form mesh/textures for Equinox is that it's textures and mesh parts from the day form and the night form kitbashed together, so there's not a full texture set for the combined form, just additional tint masks that color those same parts differently. The respective normal maps for these parts will be in the other two folders. Definitely confusing, even for me. 

I suggest setting up all 3 models side by side in a program like Maya or Blender or Marmoset Toolbag etc. to see where the textures go.