Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Quick/Custom Missions could be a huge benefit to Warframe

Neightrix

Tired of running the exact same nodes until you're bored out of your mind? Tired of having to enter absurdly low level missions with your godlike power? Tired of having advanced players come in and ruin your fun as a newer player? In my opinion, these are THE biggest problems in Warframe.

Similar to the concept that was shown off for dojos well over a year ago, I believe Warframe would greatly benefit from custom missions. How would it work? You choose:
- enemy level
- enemy faction
- tileset
- mission type
- relic drop tier for endless round completion

Mission types could include the specifics, but also "Random" and "Random Endless". Choosing random endless mission type, random enemy faction, and random tileset could each grant +15% credits/resources/affinity/rare drop chance. By offering these bonuses, the vast majority will choose these options - so matchmaking still works. You would only be able to choose higher tier relic drops when enemy level is set higher, a.k.a. minimum enemy level of 40 for axi relics.

Lock this quick/custom mission option behind something such as completion of all mission nodes (doesn't have to be that, just an idea). Not only would this largely alleviate the aforementioned problems, but it would also present more challenge to players who typically bring ideal loadouts for specific factions and missions.

The numbers here are mostly placeholders, but I think implementing the concept would be a huge step in making Warframe more enjoyable though introducing much more variety. On the back end, this might also help DE with balancing warframes as a whole, since you would want each frame to bring at least one thing to each possible scenario.

I think it would be quite disastruous.

It's bad enough as it is, with all the specialized builds recruits for missions like Bere, with pug groups being usually stuck in round 1 of it. It's bad enough as it is that difficult sorties tend to leave new players struggling for themselves there.

What you're asking for is to split the community (side effect, but unpleasant).

I'm tired of running mission with Embers that sometimes even forget they need to collect 10 reactants before reaching extractions. I'm tired of MR XXs leaving pug-Bere missions if the team there doesn't have EV, Zenurik, blah-blah (because doing it the old-fashion, hammer-to-the-head way is so inefficient). I'm tired of MR XXs leaving hard missions if a player is slow or low MR. I'm also tired of MR XXs ignoring they chose "public" and playing solo with elevators and whatnot.

So what I'd suggest is let DE focus on more end-game content that isn't tied to fashionframe. Maybe more trials, so that MR XXs can remember what team work's all about.

Warframe has always been about to play how you want, and as custom as you want. I see only positive sides from this suggestion. Players can still chose to play public or not, with or without this suggestion, so I don't see how that splits community. The only thing that is disastrous is those "MR XXs" players playing as described above. But to battle that we need a vote kick option (which kicks the player to his own solo mission, so he/she does not lose the progress and rewards). That's how you get rid of players you dislike and who "split" the community, which will always exist regardless of the Custom Missions being a thing or not.

As much as I'd like to see players creating custom missions and to host for others to join (which is awesome), it's too good to be true. Most games, with Warframe not being exception, want you to play their new/last released content, and will try to force you into that, because activity and numbers are needed to gather the data and see how long can it last, the longer the better. The bosses want to see that it was a profitable success. So I am not sure if player designed missions are ever going to be a thing. And there are many details to be talked about it in depths. But Warframe team actually listens to players unlike most of other games, so just in case, I will upvote the idea, because who knows what future holds.