Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Melee Domination Warframe - Pain

Yasherets

Pain

I really love melee in this game. As inefficient as it is, I still think its the most fun. This Warframe focuses on dominating enemies in melee (literally). Though none of the abilities deal damage directly, they allow Pain to avoid and overcome many of the worst hazards for melee-based Warframes. This lets Pain focus on dealing efficient, continuous damage, uninterrupted.

Ability visual effects and a concept of the Warframe itself will be added later. I can tell you that its going to look like a dominatrix.

Whip

Energy: 25

Equip: 4/5/6/7

Knocks down the target and disarms them for 5/6/7/8 seconds. Range of 25/30/35/40 in-game meters.

Notes: 

Tactically useful for neutralizing targets with an annoying anti-melee ground slam (Heavy Gunner, Shockwave MOA, etc.) or powerful ranged attacks (Napalm, Railgun MOA, etc).

Thousand Lashes

Energy: 50

Equip: 6/7/8/9

Multiplies melee attack range by 2/2.5/3.25/4 and allows melee attacks to hit 1/2/2/3 additional targets.

Notes:

Might be able to make single target melee weapons viable (in some cases, even OP). Otherwise, greatly increases your damage output and allows you to pass status effects onto farther away targets.

Spotlight

Energy: 75

Equip: 8/9/10/11

Marks the current location for 5/6/7/8 seconds, radius of 2 in-game meters. When an enemy dies there, all other enemies within 15/20/25/30 in-game meters get pulled towards the location. Staggers enemies but does not knock them down. Affected by Power Duration and Power Range (increases the radii of both the location and the pull). 

Notes:

Less convenient then Mag's Pull but more powerful at the same time, especially when combined teammates and their damage. Haven't thought of all the things that can be done with it. I'll leave that to you guys.

Frame Break

Energy: 75

Equip: 10/11/12/13

All damage that would be dealt to Life (Poison, AP, Vampire, etc) is dealt to shield first multiplied by 2/1.8/1.6/1.4. Damage you deal restores shield equal to 5%/6%/7%/8% of the damage dealt. Max life is set to 1. Cannot be stunned or staggered. Lasts until death.

Notes:

I really hate Toxic Ancients. Without testing, I can't really see if this ability is overpowered or underpowered. On paper, it looks really bad compared to Rhino's Iron Skin and Ember's Overheat. Opinions would be greatly appreciated.

I'm a fairly new player and this is my first time designing a Warframe. Please let me know what you think! :D

there is no need in such thing, why it useless is really obvious.

you see let's take your words you are saying that melee is ineffecient which is true. making a frame that will dominate at melee? really?

1) knockdown a target... You see Banshee have a Sonic Boom which is already superior and it is aoe power.

2) multiplies range. why? i can shoot them with ogris or acrid and break away from a threat by sliding or swooshing.

3) stagger on kill. pull is just more efficient. and if i have zorens or even fang i can move really quick on the map and use pull from different angles for the less time you would need to kill a target.

4) see there is problem. at some point enemy will deal much more damage to you than you deal to them. so your 4th ultimate power is very tricky way to commit suicide.

Overall hint. I see many ideas on this forum from different people about how new warframe should be. However all of you are ignoring the fact that for most of the time it is only you who will have fun playing this warframe.

Also only way to evaluate a warframe is to put it to high level defense and see how it will do. I can tell you that your warframe is useless to party.

Also consider this: Right now we have ultimate defense of Frost, Ultimate CC by Vauban, Very specific ultimate CC by Nyx, Heavy DD by Nova, CC and Buffs by Rhino and Banshee Also Saryn and perhaps Ember. Those are frames who win any mission possible. The rest of the frames are either for fun or mastery.

So basically a new frame in order to be useful must do a better job than those that listed above.(don't you worry even DE do not understand this, otherwise they would not release Nova as she is now).

-So before making a warframe you should ask yourself: what current game is missing powers wise and what new warframe can do with this. (again don't you worry entire design council failed spectacularly at this).

so your warframe is a failure at its powers and its usage. because it's useless.

Edited by Althix

there is no need in such thing, why it useless is really obvious.

you see let's take your words you are saying that melee is ineffecient which is true. making a frame that will dominate at melee? really?

1) knockdown a target... You see Banshee have a Sonic Boom which is already superior and it is aoe power.

2) multiplies range. why? i can shoot them with ogris or acrid and break away from a threat by sliding or swooshing.

3) stagger on kill. pull is just more efficient. and if i have zorens or even fang i can move really quick on the map and use pull from different angles for the less time you would need to kill a target.

4) see there is problem. at some point enemy will deal much more damage to you than you deal to them. so your 4th ultimate power is very tricky way to commit suicide.

Overall hint. I see many ideas on this forum from different people about how new warframe should be. However all of you are ignoring the fact that for most of the time it is only you who will have fun playing this warframe.

Also only way to evaluate a warframe is to put it to high level defense and see how it will do. I can tell you that your warframe is useless to party.

Also consider this: Right now we have ultimate defense of Frost, Ultimate CC by Vauban, Very specific ultimate CC by Nyx, Heavy DD by Nova, CC and Buffs by Rhino and Banshee Also Saryn and perhaps Ember. Those are frames who win any mission possible. The rest of the frames are either for fun or mastery.

So basically a new frame in order to be useful must do a better job than those that listed above.(don't you worry even DE do not understand this, otherwise they would not release Nova as she is now).

-So before making a warframe you should ask yourself: what current game is missing powers wise and what new warframe can do with this. (again don't you worry entire design council failed spectacularly at this).

so your warframe is a failure at its powers and its usage. because it's useless.

Thanks for explaining. I guess its safer to make a Warframe overpowered first and then tone it down later. At least that way it'll be able to be compared. I'll rethink my idea.

nonono. Nova is a prime example why you don't do that.

Even if Nova is mediocre, DD bar set by this warframe is so high, that next damage dealing warframe should deliver more damage than Nova. And power creep circle will continue to roll. Because otherwise next DD warframe will be useless.

You see Saryn with her Miasma was very powerful frame, however she have her limits. Nova's limits exceeds Saryn's limits in 10 times for sure. So i guess you get the idea.

This is why Nova is a failure, this is why DE made mistake trusting DC to make a powers for new frame and releasing her after that.

This game have issues and since vauban's release things are getting worse. Making a new warframe op is not the way do it.

Even if i have Nova as my avatar, for the last two weeks i am playing as Mag. Because she is fun and pleasure to play with her limited and sometimes useless abilities.

But in case of your frame, powers set is just bad.

Edited by Althix