Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Give All Alerts A Reward

Scheifen

Greetings Tenno,

I think with the introduction of materials in alerts (which is great, dont get me wrong, but...) there are too many things available now in the RNG. 

My thought is that you take all the 'blank' no reward alerts that we get now, and give every single one of them a material reward at the end. It can be non-rare or rare materials to prevent too many free rare resources from being distributed. 

I know I can't be the only one who's thought of this, but I haven't seen any topics on it.

Thoughts? 

They already have a material reward: higher than norm credit rewards (most of the time, except the bad combo of 2k + high level location ones).

Now some of you are going to be all "We have too many credits I don't care about credits, just do void runs you'll swim in them". Well some of us a) actually don't have enough credits, they tend to snowball after a certain point, but before then you can easily bankrupt yourself on a daily basis. b) Don't want to do the same mission over and over again (hello there my 45+ T2 exterm/raids) unless it's a more relaxing simplistic run (like Xini). 

Something that would weight or scale credits to the location would give me more incentive to do the ones without resources or an item I want, as currently I don't unless I'm bored and the credits are high.

They already have a material reward: higher than norm credit rewards (most of the time, except the bad combo of 2k + high level location ones).

Now some of you are going to be all "We have too many credits I don't care about credits, just do void runs you'll swim in them". Well some of us a) actually don't have enough credits, they tend to snowball after a certain point, but before then you can easily bankrupt yourself on a daily basis. b) Don't want to do the same mission over and over again (hello there my 45+ T2 exterm/raids) unless it's a more relaxing simplistic run (like Xini). 

Something that would weight or scale credits to the location would give me more incentive to do the ones without resources or an item I want, as currently I don't unless I'm bored and the credits are high.

You do have a point, but if they were to have higher than normal credit rewards AND materials, both veteran and new players could benefit. 

You do have a point, but if they were to have higher than normal credit rewards AND materials, both veteran and new players could benefit. 

While I don't personally object to the idea, I see one major problem from a game perspective. Namely, widespread resource alerts would begin to replace farming, which would severely disincentive playing the game and unlocking the starmap. There's already a huge rush at every alert in recruiting channel of "plz need ride2alert". If resources we spammed to alerts, there'd be even less reason to actually unlock the map, and an even larger onslaught of leeching rides to do the alert farm, rather than the standard farm.

I was also thinking about this the other day as well and I believe *all* Alerts should have something.

At present time Credits are pretty meaningless and can be obtained in bulk without any effort and there's nothing really to spend them on. So there is very little interest in doing Alerts that only offer even more Credits when I'm practically drowning in them as it is.

As such I would be highly in favor of reducing the Credit reward from Alerts by 50% or something and adding Common materials. Personally I believe that this would be a good incentive for more people to do Alerts instead of only focusing on the current ?-Alerts.

I agree that they should have a reward for all of them. Alerts are the only true incentive to unlock all the missions in the game. And i'd much rather do an alert for a morphics then running the boss 5 times in hopes one drops.

an honestly remove the "?" and just tell us what it is. People seem to know what it is the moment it pops up anyways.

The addition of resource alerts without removing credit only alerts has diluted the table to insane amounts.

It really hasn't, just going by the last couple days of alerts I have to view on my desktop alert feed. The stretches of credit only alerts are in fact much shorter than I've seen them in the past.

I do think that Credit-only alerts have become a bit pointless, sure, on occasion, some of them are high enough that it might be worth it for some, but the majority of the time, it's not really any higher than most normal missions. Really, all alert missions should have a reward beyond credits, even if it is just ferrite or something. Anything is better than basically nothing, and for many players that's what credits are, especially when Void missions are so readily available.

signed so yes, we should have a bit more than just credits.

Zylo the Wolfbane