The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Finding Orokin Cells

Renathy

Question

16 answers to this question

Saturn, the boss, or ceres (kiste? or is it kappa?) mobile defense. Saturn because it's a boss, and MD because of the amount of enemies that spawn.

It's Kiste and bosses don't drop anything at all and are annoyingly... well, annoying.

Edited by JRMC

The bosses. They don't drop stuff every time, but there is a good chance that it will drop (compared to random mission/containers).

There IS a chance that it drops from containers and even mob (can't rem for sure, but definitely not boss). Opening all chests etc DOES help, though the yield can be low and the amount of time required to do discovery may not be as efficient as the rush to boss->kill->rush to extraction. (and please don't just quit after you don't find it in the boss drop, unless you SOLO. also, after killing boss, SEARCH. sometimes the thing is sent flying by the last attack)

Master Thief doesn't feel as useful for rare mats (it helps a lot with commons though), but it may help (though I can't really remember whether I have gotten any rare mats from cabinets. containers maybe, but cabinets?) But if you are choosing the cabinets/containers, get one (from Pluto Defence iirc. correct me if wrong.). Upgrade it all the way (up to 15 mod point cost. may need a "bar" slot on frame). also, bringing a Thief Wit will help to locate breakable containers and mat loot easier.

And last but not least, if you have one of those alert monitors that can add custom search string, remember to add "orokin cell" to the list. Resource alerts are prob the only 100% yield missions.

Ah, it's RNG being RNG then. IMO they made it worse with the "new" resource mats. Bosses should have a 50% drop for a rare mat, make it slightly less grindy.

Rarer resources have been nerfed so much to the point that I had to farm for some resources for more than 5 hours.

And now I just did a Mobile Defense without a sign of a single Orokin Cell, even though we killed everybody and destroyed everything.

Edited by JRMC

Rarer resources have been nerfed so much to the point that I had to farm for some resources for more than 5 hours.

And now I just did a Mobile Defense without a sign of a single Orokin Cell, even though we killed everybody and destroyed everything.

Yeah, sounds about right. Resources seem to have gotten rarer recently.