Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Custom warframes

(PSN)lord-dra

So there are custom weapons so I got to thinking what about custom warframes ( with some restrictions obviously) so what I'm thinking is it requires completion of the war within u go on a quest to obtain a segment that goes in your personal quarters the segment will produce a grey goo u can interact with giving u the option to insert warframe components into it which will then cause it to transform into a warframe with the following properties the head appearance of access to the helmets of and default idle animations of the warframe whose neuroptics u inserted the body appearance of access to the skins of and the stats of the warframe whose chassis u inserted the passive of the abilities of access to the augment mods of and any special properties( such as nidus's ability to enter the helminth infirmary without a helminth cyst) of the warframe whose systems u inserted for example combining Frost's neuroptics Ember's chassis and hydroid prime's systems would result in Ember's body Frost's head and hydroid's abilities including a primed ability to interact with orokin death orbs

Edited by (PS4)lord-dra
Some reason it posted it before I finished typing

6 hours ago, (PS4)lord-dra said:

So there are custom weapons so I got to thinking what about custom warframes ( with some restrictions obviously) so what I'm thinking is it requires completion of the war within u go on a quest to obtain a segment that goes in your personal quarters the segment will produce a grey goo u can interact with giving u the option to insert warframe components into it which will then cause it to transform into a warframe with the following properties the head appearance of access to the helmets of and default idle animations of the warframe whose neuroptics u inserted the body appearance of access to the skins of and the stats of the warframe whose chassis u inserted the passive of the abilities of access to the augment mods of and any special properties( such as nidus's ability to enter the helminth infirmary without a helminth cyst) of the warframe whose systems u inserted for example combining Frost's neuroptics Ember's chassis and hydroid prime's systems would result in Ember's body Frost's head and hydroid's abilities including a primed ability to interact with orokin death orbs

Abilities and stats would be way too difficult to determine, also this would absolutely kill the lore. This feature would just be very messy overall.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Cell_Purple said:

Abilities and stats would be way too difficult to determine, also this would absolutely kill the lore. This feature would just be very messy overall.

How exactly would abilities and stats bee difficult to determine it's literally the stats of the warframe whose chassis u used to build your custom and literally the abilities of the warframe whose systems u used to build your custom and as far as the lore remember that grey goo I mentioned geuss I should have mentioned its one of those polymorphic nanite masses (such as upgrade from Ben 10 the new gen terminators from terminator Genesis) and it becomes your custom warframe (to swap out it's parts just take it back to the segment in your personal quarters that I mentioned in the beginning) so it is completely possible to fit it into the lore

On 27/01/2018 at 4:47 PM, (PS4)lord-dra said:

How exactly would abilities and stats bee difficult to determine it's literally the stats of the warframe whose chassis u used to build your custom and literally the abilities of the warframe whose systems u used to build your custom and as far as the lore remember that grey goo I mentioned geuss I should have mentioned its one of those polymorphic nanite masses (such as upgrade from Ben 10 the new gen terminators from terminator Genesis) and it becomes your custom warframe (to swap out it's parts just take it back to the segment in your personal quarters that I mentioned in the beginning) so it is completely possible to fit it into the lore

Guess I misunderstood how the stats would be determined. The grey goo doesn’t exactly fit with Warframe’s lore though, it might fit with ben 10 or whatever, but it’s not how wraframes were made. It would just be a very messy feature that wouldn’t work.

29 minutes ago, (PS4)Cell_Purple said:

Guess I misunderstood how the stats would be determined. The grey goo doesn’t exactly fit with Warframe’s lore though, it might fit with ben 10 or whatever, but it’s not how wraframes were made. It would just be a very messy feature that wouldn’t work.

Its not necessarily making the warframe it's more mimicking them while allowing the operator to use it as one

Lore aside, this is just a really incomplete idea that would be super difficult to balance, unless there were specific "Zaw Frame Components" that would allow DE to create a wall to limit the potential combinations people could make while maintaining creativity. Personally though I disagree with this whole concept and I think it may be best to let this idea die

Also, Idle animations are found under customizations. They shouldn't be built into the frame.

57 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Lore aside, this is just a really incomplete idea that would be super difficult to balance, unless there were specific "Zaw Frame Components" that would allow DE to create a wall to limit the potential combinations people could make while maintaining creativity. Personally though I disagree with this whole concept and I think it may be best to let this idea die

Also, Idle animations are found under customizations. They shouldn't be built into the frame.

If u notice I did say default idle animations as in the ones they use when none r equipped

50 minutes ago, Almighty_Jado said:

Well anyways, what if you used Valkyr's Chassis and then used the systems of a Warframe like Chroma? You end up with a broken, unkillable Warframe.

I'm afraid i'm not familiar with either valkyr's stats or chroma's abilities so I don't really understand how the 2 of them would bee broken together

6 minutes ago, (PS4)lord-dra said:

I'm afraid i'm not familiar with either valkyr's stats or chroma's abilities so I don't really understand how the 2 of them would bee broken together

Valkyr has the highest armour in the game, at 600 base.

Chroma has the ability to boost his armour up by an incredible amount.

See, this is why you need to do your research before suggesting such a concept. If you aren't familiar with the current warframes, you can't suggest ideas built around them. This is the equivalent of trying to suggest making a quantum computer without knowing what a proton is

Edited by Almighty_Jado

1 minute ago, (PS4)lord-dra said:

I can see how that would bee a problem especially if they also threw a max rank steel fiber mod on them as well

Exactly ;)

That's the concern with balance. All existing Warframes have stats that go hand in hand with their abilities. So perhaps it would be okay with "Zaw" Warframe components, but it definitely wouldnt work with prexisting Frame parts.