Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

How To Nerf Nova

Nenesse

I had this thought. I thought it was clever.

Make it so that Nova's ult only affects one target. When that target dies, it applies the effect to everything around it--if they are killed by the explosion, then they also explode and apply the effect to other things.

Still the possibility for enough carnage to nuke heavy targets, you need to do some gameplay-ish stuff to make it happen, you need to use it properly to get good power out of it, it might actually be more OP in some really rare cases, and best of all, it has now had its $&*^ nerfed right the F*** off when it comes to wiping entire defense waves in less than one second.

Unrelated: Give the Ignis natural piercing and a 20% crit chance. That makes it better serve its purpose as a "flamethrower" happy fun weapon, and it gives it a way to scale up for massive damage the way everything else does.

Unrelated: Give the Ignis natural piercing and a 20% crit chance. That makes it better serve its purpose as a "flamethrower" happy fun weapon, and it gives it a way to scale up for massive damage the way everything else does.

umm no..

i cant imagine random waves of fire to be able to pierce armor and accurate strike enemies critically

I'm not for nerfing anything unless it's blatantly overpowered. Nova clears rooms easily but she can't solo bosses well. Her only thing going for her is killing trash mobs. 

As for the Ignis I'd prefer if it worked like a flame thrower and not like a Flux Rifle that deals fire damage and has a much shorter range.

How to properly nerf Nova:

1. Don't do anything to her.

This

She's not the best tank so for her to go around shooting grineer left and right just to cause small explosions is pretty pointless not to mention dangerous as an ultimate is usually meant to be a "save your behind" card that clears the room fast.

since we are on the topic..

my idea...

make nova even squishier than she is now, make it evident to the people who want to nerf her that she is  GLASS CANNON

THIS

I don't mind this at all 

maybe make her own explosions kill her as well?

Just like with ogris

High risk high reward

So that not everyone will be able to handle her power.. :3 

How about this...

Rhino Gets a leather jacket - Forget Iron Skin as that is too Op since no one gets it

Frost Actually gets a real snow globe with "Welcome from Wisconsin" in it - The one that stops bullets is bullS#&$

Trinity gets trademarked barby growing hair so you can comb it when done with a mission

Saryn gets a novelty fartbag and drum roll sound effect every time she farts

Nyx should remove her warframe in lieu of a Sweater vest and becomes a mediator between grineer and corpus

etc...

Lets remove all unique abilities and any flavor warframes have...

Heres how, for you...

Remove ALL weapons

Add Rock and Stick

Everyone gets them.

ALL Warframe abilities are now just noises and color shows with no effect.

Then you have your balanced PvE experience and can fill good about yourself when you look at the kill counter at the end of a mission. Wait a minute there is opportunity here too.  Lets make it it so it evenly shares kills no matter what per mission.  Also remove leaderboards and just grant kills too all so we are all number 1 on the board.

/sarcasm off

Stop removing flavor from games, stop going for balanced <insert whine of the moment here> that does nothing for the game.  Each Warframe is going to have their own abilities. THERE IS ABSOLUTELY NO WAY to balance them in the end unless you make them do nothing but visual and sound effects.

Yeah LOL thats basically how she works.

Yup

But honestly even with her orb

i can shoot it a crap ton, and blow up a bunch of people for 40k

I would rather just use banshee and one shot people with sonar.

And if I need to solo a boss ill just take rhino and shoot them with an acrid.

But nova..

She is only good for one thing and one thing only.

Sitting in the middle of xini

and instantly blowing everything up in 1 second.

Edited by pdxdubin

maybe make her own explosions kill her as well?

TEEEEEEEEEERRRRIIIBBBLLEEEE IDEA!

Ultimates are not supposed to be, I use this and get affected by it. Their supposed to be, I'm in a bad situation lets use this to save my &amp;#&#33;!

Molecular prime is fine as is. If you max it but don't have focus on, it becomes fairly useless against heavy targets quickly.

Nova is made to be a DPS, not a tank, not a tactician, not a stealth character. A DPS that just blows stuff up left right and center, and gets shot down as quickly as she blows them up.

Enough with the nerf Nova threads already. She does not need a nerf. he is a one trick pony, if you guys haven't figured out already. 

- Null star : looks cool but barely useful at higher levels 

- Antimatter drop  : So I have to wait for that godawful slow moving thing to hit when I can just shoot stuff a lot faster?

- Wormhole : Ok, this is situational, useful at times or just to have fun getting around unreachable places 

- M-Prime : The only useful ability. The one trick. Still doesn't hold up at higher levels so its balanced pretty nicely. 

Ultimates are not supposed to be, I use this and get affected by it. Their supposed to be, I'm in a bad situation lets use this to save my &amp;#&#33;!

Molecular prime is fine as is. If you max it but don't have focus on, it becomes fairly useless against heavy targets quickly.

Nova is made to be a DPS, not a tank, not a tactician, not a stealth character. A DPS that just blows stuff up left right and center, and gets shot down as quickly as she blows them up.

I know but I like the idea of a high skill cap.

Currently her orb is the only thing that has a skill cap, but honestly its not that hard to use.  

Unlike saryn venem

umm no..

i cant imagine random waves of fire to be able to pierce armor and accurate strike enemies critically

OP is talking about Innate Puncture, not Innate Armor Piercing/Armor Ignore. But in a way, if it melts through armor, it sure as hell will ignore it.

Critical meaning it just destroys essential organs or something like that. It could work and you could imagine it. Air bubbles would form in the body due to water evaporating or 3rd Degree Burns everywhere.

Enough with the nerf Nova threads already. She does not need a nerf. he is a one trick pony, if you guys haven't figured out already. 

- Null star : looks cool but barely useful at higher levels 

- Antimatter drop  : So I have to wait for that godawful slow moving thing to hit when I can just shoot stuff a lot faster?

- Wormhole : Ok, this is situational, useful at times or just to have fun getting around unreachable places 

- M-Prime : The only useful ability. The one trick. Still doesn't hold up at higher levels so its balanced pretty nicely. 

Actually Null star and antimatter drop are great abilities..

Null star is cheap, and mine does about 1000 damage per shot.

Considering it only costs like 15 energy, and you get like 8 orbs.

I mean... Its great.

Anti matter drop is actually probably the strongest ability in the game.

I have done well over 100k dmg with it, But its really unpredictable and laggy sometimes. 

they're*

and i fail to see how vauban ult is a -oh-#$%#-save-my-&amp;#&#33; sort of skill 

OP is talking about Innate Puncture, not Innate Armor Piercing/Armor Ignore. But in a way, if it melts through armor, it sure as hell will ignore it.

Critical meaning it just destroys essential organs or something like that. It could work and you could imagine it. Air bubbles would form in the body due to water evaporating or 3rd Degree Burns everywhere.

These threads should be turned into buffing other warframes.

Because banshees ultimate only does like 30 damage against high level ancients.

And honestly it is just pathetic 

IT IS JUST PATHETIC DE

ITS PATHETIC 

ITS PATHETIC 

30 DAMAGE? 

MH3QsOZ.gif

Edited by pdxdubin