Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

[Endless Missions] Reward tables and Lotus' comments.

Himenoinu

For the Lotus' comments, it is a bit weird when you have the following sound cues: "Artifact located - proceed to the dig site", followed by a credits reward and "this is what we uncovered".

Now when you dig for an artifact at a specific location you're not secretly hoping to find some rich orokin fellow's wallet - that is, if the credits were still the same a few eras ago, during the orokin rule. 'Cause otherwise, if digging for curent age artifact, you'd be doing it more on a landfill than archeological sites :D So we're being rewarded with credits by... the Lotus (?!) for defending the excavator. Then we didn't uncover the credits. It would be better themed, I think, if Lotus would have a comment over the A rotations where credits are rewarded that relates better to them.

Either that or remove the credits as a reward there because, theoretically, excavation missions should be the ones to reward the highest percentage of relics, not defense, nor interceptions. You're digging for relics, yet you get the biggest amount of them by fighting over a cryopod or relay stations. It's true that along side cryotic, excavations will the offer too much, but the goal of the mission and the rewards associated with it would be better aligned.

As such, I'd have the nerve to suggest rethinking the rewards table a bit. Relics should be the main reward there, with a decently low (15%?) chance for endos and/or other orokin era related drops. Similar rotations like defense and interceptions have (Lith-Lith-Meso-Meso, etc). While defense would reward mostly mods, endos and you could put small chance for warframe QoL stuff - like weapons bp or forma/potatoes bps on rotation C.

Interception missions are a bit more complicated to define a reward table for. They certainly could reward a lot more credits on all rotations and then... The intercepted transmision would be nice to have some sort of impact on the node or planet - maybe similar to what happens during an invasion node completion. Add maybe a sabotage/capture or assassinate/defense or survival node on the planet that becomes active once enough interception missions have been successfully completed on rotation C that would be related to the interecepted message and the faction we fought with over. Sabotage a Vay Hek/Queen's new clonning facility (with Kuva rewards or riven mods). Capture/Assassinate a Corpus VIP (with hour long affinity/credit boosters). Defend an orokin artifact or survive for 10-15 minutes versus the infested (and recover a bundle of all eras relics and orokin cells).

And since I popped the topic of endless missions, would it maybe be possible to make it so that people can extract alone after the first rotation from excavations and survivals?

This is more or less a post-scarcity scenario for the people in this game's universe. Credits have more uses than just a currency with which to buy things. You can 3D print weapons with some raw materials. There's nothing to suggest they would use a different currency than the Credits we use. Would you rather they include a bunch of junk items that are worth the same and you have to go to an NPC and click all the stacks of them and sell them?

I would rather have more consistency between what Lotus says and what we do :D

- Artifact found!... it was an orokin era poor grineer's wallet.

We're talking 500-4000 credit caches. They make sense when you're finding them in hidden caches, when you're defending or intercepting. But during excavation?!

I don't remember every going to an npc to sell stacks of anything, with the convenient inventory/mod screens taking care of that, but yeah, it would be better digging up artifacts of this or that value that you then sell. More consistency, at least :D Still, I'd very much prefer we dig for relics, instead of having them drop from the sky in interception mission (let's say that maybe there's a relic or 10 hidden in the cryopod during defense).