Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can we get some new bosses

nathannjh

Ok I think most people can agree there are no fun bosses currently in warframe, Id like to see something different from the norm, invulnerability-->shoot-->repeat, almost all bosses if not bosses in the game are like this can we get some crazy new bosses that draw inspiration from WoW that require teamwork and coordination?

*Looks at Plain of Eidolon's giant walking vestiges of a time long gone and forgets it the next second*

It would be weird. For so many reasons. But let's take a step back and look at the players that would tackle such a problem. Most of us are so used with acting like egocentrical bastards, to the point where an Ember would not turn off World on Fire in a mission where there's radiation hazard a every step, wiping the whole team and the defense objectives in a very not funny way. Where we'd endager a low level fissure run by slaughtering the enemies before the void hits them, ending an endless cycle with not enough reactants to crack open the relic. Where waiting for the team mates at the elevator is not necessarily needed, but spamming the button for the 2 people door-opening interaction above becomes mandatory, to the point where you even spam-mark the location, telling your crew that they're crippling your rush towards glory with their wait for the elevator to return.

Aside from these joy-breaking elements, we have the way we tend to build our warframes and focus. For self-sufficiency. There are currently very few situations where teams are formed with cooperation in mind, and out of those, two aren't to tackle difficult challenges, but to maximize profits or experience gains.

Towards the end of the MR progression we're running in any mission with the expectation that, no matter how big and mean the foe, we'll have the means to one-two shot the bugger into the next solar system. And the invulnerability is there, presently, to delay us a bit (even a tiny little bit).

As a community we don't seem to care much if a relay gets blasted into yesterday. New players do, because of the possible rewards, because of a trader. Veteran players less so, 'cause there's no profit to be had from caring :D

I actually look forward these kind of assassination targets sprouting up more often in the future of the Origins System. But I'm slightly afraid that people won't take interest in them unless such challenges will come with vastly superior rewards to those already existing in any possible mission that can be solo'ed or just team ran for the sake of speed.

I also believe that the bosses need not be new. The existing encounters could be reworked a bit (okay, a bit more), because the bosses have the potential to be fun or challenging even with their current mechanic, if a bit more of the lore and faction capabilities would be added in the mix. I won't go into examples as to avoid any potential spoilers, but I really think "improved" to be the desired outcome, not "new". Can we get some improved bosses?

On 1/29/2018 at 7:36 PM, nathannjh said:

Ok I think most people can agree there are no fun bosses currently in warframe

Only if you include the stipulation that they're fun the first time, and THEN not fun at all after that

DE is in a constant arms race against their own game design, and since their opponent is coupled our ability to maximize the greatest efficiency from their game design it's a battle they can't actually hope to win. I mean... just look at what bosses used to be. Unless DE is willing to nerf literally everything in the game, those invincibility phases are a necessary evil acting as a stopgap

All that said, their efforts are actually admirable. Kela has invincibility phases, but they're phases that you can shorten by playing well, and once the phase is over it plays fair and lets you shoot her however you want. Tyl Regor has invincibility mechanics up the wazzoo, but at least scoring hits on him comes down to your skill between them

Also I actually like Sargas Ruk... from the perspective of a newbie. His damage output is balanced well for the new players who aren't going to have potato/forma Primed Vigor/Steel Fiber etc etc, and his weak point mechanic is engaging to the human brain

1 hour ago, TARINunit9 said:

Now THAT is what I call "not fun" and dayum! poor guys were just another corpus/grineer, with very little special about them. Also to have Phorid as the toughest target in the game seems... so awkward :D

Huge improvements indeed. All of a sudden I see the invincibility phases even less of a nuisance than I did before reading your post :D

• 1 month later...

Actually i think that Warframe needs some real boss Fights, some raids that make player do their best, for an Example the Eidolon can be a Powerful Boss, With Different Patterns and difficult to destroy. I mean that they can make some Good Boss Fights, like Lephantis or the J3-Golem. They're huge and Funny to play against. Maybe DE can make something like more Infested Bosses, i think that they're the most beautiful boss in the game

il y a 56 minutes, Siilk a dit :

Yeah, no locking content behind the squad play plz. Solo players missing out on team-only raids and eidolons is more than enough, don't turn warframe into a mandatory coop game.

Well then let's make Warframe a solo only game and pass aside tons of multiplayer possibilities. You can take any MMORPG in the world, it's the same, you can solo 90% of the games, but the interest reside in the 10 last percent where you need friends to to it, and if you don't have friend, make some ! I love take time to help fellows tenno, build relationship, sharing tips and game experience.

The point of the game isn't to be solo-invulnerable and doing mission in your side, imo it's about having a complete team and do hard mission (harder mission that there is already if possible, as it's most of brute force solo missions).

The whole game is built around multiplayer, look corosive projection, the goal is to nullify the armor if 4 players have it, if you only want solo, then ask for a -100% armor aura, that's more like a solo player mod...

1 hour ago, Dalmentir said:

Well then let's make Warframe a solo only game and pass aside tons of multiplayer possibilities. You can take any MMORPG in the world, it's the same, you can solo 90% of the games, but the interest reside in the 10 last percent where you need friends to to it, and if you don't have friend, make some ! I love take time to help fellows tenno, build relationship, sharing tips and game experience.

The point of the game isn't to be solo-invulnerable and doing mission in your side, imo it's about having a complete team and do hard mission (harder mission that there is already if possible, as it's most of brute force solo missions).

The whole game is built around multiplayer, look corosive projection, the goal is to nullify the armor if 4 players have it, if you only want solo, then ask for a -100% armor aura, that's more like a solo player mod...

The thing is, Warfame is already perfectly playable solo outside of the things that are artificially locked behind the squad size requirement. It's not that a single player cannot kill an eidolon, you simply cannot take that mission unless you're in a squad. All the coop players, they are perfectly fine as-is. they will play coop simply because that is what they like to do; they don't need any special reasons to do that. Introducing more coop-only content will not be particularly life-changing for coop players however it will have all the solo players artificially locked out of yet another chunk of the game.