Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

A Quick And Easy Solution To The Resource Alert Problem

aldershot

Any one who's been reading any topic about the new resource alerts can see they all share one common trend. A majority of players are recommending an increase in resource awards.

At first glance, it may seem like those people are just entitled and greedy. But if you look further into it, you'll see the complaint has some substance.

I recommend increasing the resource awarded. if it's a rare resource like gallium or morphics, increase the reward from 1 to 2-5 (random). If it's a common but highly used resource like Rubedo, increase the drop to a minimum of 750. Because the rewards are increased and if DE is afraid that it may break the resource economy by doing this, decrease the frequency of resource alerts appearing.

If this suggestion is done people will have much more incentive to do these because they know that it's a rarer appearance and that the pay off would be more than a regular resource run.

The danger of leaving the resource alerts as they are is that players are learning very quickly that the reward for these are no more (maybe even less) than an average farm run that will often take less time to do. They'll ignore these alerts much like the credit rewards. only those who happen to need to do the mission, or in desperate need will do them, much like the credit alerts.

Edited by aldershot

I disagree.  The amounts are good, because it is only one mission, with a GUARANTEED drop.  You can run bosses all you like and maybe get a drop the first time, but then never get one for the next five drops (looking at you Jackal).  The resource alerts allow players to know beforehand which of the resources they are going to get as long as they complete the mission.  its ten to fifteen minutes (perhaps shorter) for something valuable or something extra.  I know these missions have aided me in stockpiling resources that may prove to be handy.  Yesterday I was also granted a control module which I had given up farming for.  Jackal seems to like only dropping fieldron samples...with no mod or anything else.  In short, I see the resource alerts as DE's attempt to give the players a little help in farming while simultaneously trying to placate those asking for higher drop rates on the harder to find materials.  Its not meant to be a huge reward, just a little pat on the back.

I'll say it again, if you want to farm for resources by all means go ahead and do it, but they should not tweak the game around farming.  Resource Alerts are just credit Alerts with a little bonus incentive, if you feel it's not the optimal way to acquire resources then enjoy checking containers all day, I'll be busy killing Grineer.

I'll say it again, if you want to farm for resources by all means go ahead and do it, but they should not tweak the game around farming.  Resource Alerts are just credit Alerts with a little bonus incentive, if you feel it's not the optimal way to acquire resources then enjoy checking containers all day, I'll be busy killing Grineer.

dude.... are you sure you're playing warframe? cause if you are, then you'd know it's pretty much 100% farming.

Edited by aldershot

Instead of the alert you can run boss multiple times, during this 30-40 minutes. Or you can farm endless defence, and get sh*tload of other resources and mods.
I agree with the OP. 1 Gallium is a bad joke.

Edited by Angius

dude.... are you sure you're playing warframe? cause if you are, then you'd know it's pretty much 100% farming.

And that's not a problem?  Personally I prefer shooting enemies to breaking barrels, oddly enough doing so has gotten me enough resources that the only thing I need to farm is Bosses for the BPs, which is still more enjoyable than checking every container on the map (and gets me plenty of those rare resources you all seem to complain about).

And that's not a problem?  Personally I prefer shooting enemies to breaking barrels, oddly enough doing so has gotten me enough resources that the only thing I need to farm is Bosses for the BPs, which is still more enjoyable than checking every container on the map (and gets me plenty of those rare resources you all seem to complain about).

You don't get it. We also prefer to shoot enemies, which is why we are doing these resource alerts. But if it's not as good as farming bosses and breaking containers (which, BTW, we do both), then we'd rather just do that instead of alerts.

no it's not a problem. some of us came here knowing full well it's all about farming. games like this attract gamers like me. Diablo, borderlands, torchlight, any and all RPGs, all require grinding and farming. if you're looking for a straight up action game with out the grind, warframe is not it.

Edited by aldershot

You don't get it. We also prefer to shoot enemies, which is why we are doing these resource alerts. But if it's not as good as farming bosses and breaking containers (which, BTW, we do both), then we'd rather just do that instead of alerts.

Then do it instead of the alerts, but as they guy above said, you are complaining about free stuff, free stuff we didn't used to get.

no it's not a problem. some of us came here knowing full well it's all about farming. games like this attract gamers like me. Diablo, borderlands, torchlight, any and all RPGs, all require grinding and farming. if you're looking for a straight up action game with out the grind, warframe is not it.

Grinding  Farming.  Grinding can be fun, so can farming to an extent, however that doesn't change the fact that this game isn't just about smashing barrels and speed running bosses, and catering to those who think it is will just alienate a large percentage of the player base.

And if you enjoy farming so much why are you complaining about the reward quantities?  If anything you should ask that they be reduced, along with resource drops, so that you may spend more time doing what you enjoy.

I think the rare resources, like Control Modules, are fine.  Rarely do you get more than one in a run, on average.

I also think the common materials are fine.  3k to 6k common materials is worth the effort.

I don't think uncommon materials, like Rubedo are worth that effort.  Any run I do for that material normally is going to yield at least two or three times as much with a lot less effort.  I agree that they need to be increased or people will ignore those like they ignore credit alerts.

Frankly, the credit-only alerts need to go.  I doubt many people run them at all because credits are so easily obtained.  I thought the idea of resources in alerts was to replace credit-only alerts all together.

Alright a few things...

In alerts, resource drop rates are naturally higher.

In resource alerts, even more so.

Next, the resource alerts help to break the monotony. If you're fine with it, then don't bother with them. A change of scenery once in a while helps to refresh the brain for some people.

Finally, the resource returns are too high. I don't care if you whinerbabies think that 3k is fine for common resources(lol I thought it was a bug when I got that much). The fact that you guys think you need 750 of uncommon for a free run, and upwards of 5 rares for a single run is also a joke. You typically don't even have to fight a boss for these resources and you're asking for more than 4x what you'd get in a normal run, where chances are it's also higher level than your alert? Wow...whinerbabies in force.

Resource alerts should not exceed an average run in terms of resources.

Common 400 CAP

Uncommon 200 CAP

Rare 2 CAP

You might think "that's not worth it", but it actually is if you give it any serious amount of thought beyond "but I wanna build _____ now! QQ" If alerts become better than normal farming, then they enter the realm of mandatory, and trust me, you don't want that.

Also Rubedo is uncommon, not common.

Alright, a few things have been snipped...

I mostly agree with you, but not about the maximums for resources. That sounds about right on a simple mission like a Raid or Capture that can be rushed. It could alhso sound alright on a 5 wave defense. But when you have to do 15-25 waves of defense for one Gallium, the cap should definitely be much higher.

Alright a few things...

In alerts, resource drop rates are naturally higher.

In resource alerts, even more so.

Next, the resource alerts help to break the monotony. If you're fine with it, then don't bother with them. A change of scenery once in a while helps to refresh the brain for some people.

Finally, the resource returns are too high. I don't care if you whinerbabies think that 3k is fine for common resources(lol I thought it was a bug when I got that much). The fact that you guys think you need 750 of uncommon for a free run, and upwards of 5 rares for a single run is also a joke. You typically don't even have to fight a boss for these resources and you're asking for more than 4x what you'd get in a normal run, where chances are it's also higher level than your alert? Wow...whinerbabies in force.

Resource alerts should not exceed an average run in terms of resources.

Common 400 CAP

Uncommon 200 CAP

Rare 2 CAP

You might think "that's not worth it", but it actually is if you give it any serious amount of thought beyond "but I wanna build _____ now! QQ" If alerts become better than normal farming, then they enter the realm of mandatory, and trust me, you don't want that.

Also Rubedo is uncommon, not common.

So you think 19 Rubedo is worth 15 waves of defending an artifact?  Not 19 drops, 19 total Rubedo.

I don't think I can put any value into this opinion.  Try again.

So you think 19 Rubedo is worth 15 waves of defending an artifact?  Not 19 drops, 19 total Rubedo.

I don't think I can put any value into this opinion.  Try again.

Read the post again. You'll find what I called justified amounts.

But when you have to do 15-25 waves of defense for one Gallium, the cap should definitely be much higher.

It sounds fine to me for 10 waves, 15 might be pushing it, but I'd be happy with it still. Should they start scaling above that? Sure, 2 Gallium for 25 waves sounds ok to me. Though I imagine you kind of need to know this information before going into the mission to know if you can even attempt it.

F*** no don't decrease the frequency. I hate going an entire day without seeing one, then logging out for the night and finding out I missed the  only resource alert to happen while I slept. If anything increase their god damned frequency because I am tired of running the least interesting levels in this game for a pittance of resources I need in ridiculously high quantities.

Read the post again. You'll find what I called justified amounts.

It sounds fine to me for 10 waves, 15 might be pushing it, but I'd be happy with it still. Should they start scaling above that? Sure, 2 Gallium for 25 waves sounds ok to me. Though I imagine you kind of need to know this information before going into the mission to know if you can even attempt it.

The problem is that for the uncommon, you get the value of one drop.  For me, it was 19 Rubedo after 15 waves of defense.  

I only did it to see the value given, and I won't do one again until they increase it by at least 10 times.  And your common resource cap?  Way too low.  I can get 400 salvage in the first minute or so of a farming run for it. 

As I see it, the rare materials are worth doing as they are now, simply because it's a guaranteed drop.  But the uncommon don't drop enough compared to what you can expect on any average farming run in the appropriate resource area.  The common resource alerts are only worth doing because they drop so much; if you cut them down to your recommendation then why bother doing them?

It's not like this missions offer variety; they're the same missions you'd run for credits or whatever else.  They just offer a different reward.  Frankly, the credit-only reward alerts should have gone a LONG time ago.  Credits have almost no value in this game and DE doesn't want to give them any value, so why would anyone do an alert mission when they could get the same reward doing a regular mission, of their choice, whenever they want?

I only did it to see the value given, and I won't do one again until they increase it by at least 10 times.  And your common resource cap?  Way too low.  I can get 400 salvage in the first minute or so of a farming run for it.

Do 10 runs, screenshot each run, and post the results. Bonus points for doing common runs other than salvage.

The problem is that for the uncommon, you get the value of one drop.  For me, it was 19 Rubedo after 15 waves of defense.

200 would be fine for 15 waves.

The common resource alerts are only worth doing because they drop so much; if you cut them down to your recommendation then why bother doing them?

That's the same argument as "why open containers? it's not like they always drop resources". Every little bit helps.

Credits have almost no value in this game and DE doesn't want to give them any value, so why would anyone do an alert mission when they could get the same reward doing a regular mission, of their choice, whenever they want?

Credit rewards are valuable until you get into the void, not to mention much more available. Keep in mind, that not everyone has run xini 300 times and has an enormous stockpile of keys. You get a few k in a normal run, in a void run you can walk away with over 150k. If anything the void needs a major nerf on credit rewards and a credit sink needs introduced(like changing all the mod packs over to credits instead of platinum).

Do 10 runs, screenshot each run, and post the results. Bonus points for doing common runs other than salvage.

200 would be fine for 15 waves.

That's the same argument as "why open containers? it's not like they always drop resources". Every little bit helps.

Credit rewards are valuable until you get into the void, not to mention much more available. Keep in mind, that not everyone has run xini 300 times and has an enormous stockpile of keys. You get a few k in a normal run, in a void run you can walk away with over 150k. If anything the void needs a major nerf on credit rewards and a credit sink needs introduced(like changing all the mod packs over to credits instead of platinum).

I'm not going to screenshot, but doing nightmare runs on Golem last night, we were averaging 600+ salvage per run and they took an average of three minutes.  That's all estimated, of course.  

I don't agree that 200 would be fine for 15 waves.  15 waves is something like 20 minutes of work; I'll have more than 200 Rubedo on average just doing normal runs on a planet that drops rubedo.

Why open containers?  Because 5 seconds is not 4 minutes.  Opening all the obvious containers on a map as you clear the mission probably adds 60 seconds to the time it takes to do the run, but massively increases the average on drops (not so much with rare materials but it helps a lot even then).  Doing a resource mission for 20 rubedo or 200 salvage?  You can't equate the time it takes to open a single container, or even most of the containers, on a map with the time it takes to run a whole mission; especially the defense missions with 15 waves.

Credits: I agree there needs to be a better credit sync, and I would be fine with mod packs for credits (that's not going to happen though, because it eats into their business model).  But even without void runs you're going to average 2000 credits per mission, and many of them take only a few minutes.  Credits are easy to obtain, particularly as you invest time in getting other things, like opening the maps so you can get nightmare mission access and access to more alerts, or doing boss runs for blueprints and rare resource drops, or regular resource runs. 90% of my credits I have obtained this way, not doing void runs.  Void runs pay nicely, I agree, but I don't do hundreds of them and they're not the primary source of my credits.  Even if they were, I wouldn't be doing void runs for the sake of obtaining credits.

Even the high-credit alerts are still relatively worthless.  I'd rather there just wasn't an alert so I could know that an alert was worth checking anytime one came up than to consistently be disappointed in yet another worthless credit alert.

I'm not going to screenshot, but doing nightmare runs on Golem last night, we were averaging 600+ salvage per run and they took an average of three minutes.  That's all estimated, of course.  

I don't agree that 200 would be fine for 15 waves.  15 waves is something like 20 minutes of work; I'll have more than 200 Rubedo on average just doing normal runs on a planet that drops rubedo.

At the very least make note of it. Don't just try to use your memory. I promise you, the numbers are different, or you're incredibly lucky.

and I would be fine with mod packs for credits (that's not going to happen though, because it eats into their business model).

Between my friends list and clan members, I know roughly 50 players that have bought platinum. I know no one that has bought the mod packs. 2 rare and 3 unknown quality mods for 90 plat? We'd all rather run a mobile defense and walk away with 20-30 mods. On the other hand, if we could just buy packs of 5 unknown quality mods for 25k credits, we'd all do it.

But even without void runs you're going to average 2000 credits per mission, and many of them take only a few minutes.  Credits are easy to obtain, particularly as you invest time in getting other things, like opening the maps so you can get nightmare mission access and access to more alerts, or doing boss runs for blueprints and rare resource drops, or regular resource runs. 90% of my credits I have obtained this way, not doing void runs.  Void runs pay nicely, I agree, but I don't do hundreds of them and they're not the primary source of my credits.  Even if they were, I wouldn't be doing void runs for the sake of obtaining credits.

Just like to point out. Exploring a t3 raid 4 times will net you roughly 600k credits. Even if you don't do void a lot, it wouldn't surprise me that it still makes up a large percentage of your credits(not the majority, but a large percentage). Because I'm the same way, I rarely run void, but if I hadn't run it at all, I'd have negative credits right now, while I actually have somewhere between 300-400k right now with between 500-600 missions run. Yea, I've spent 4-500k the last couple days, but point remains.