Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Volt Does Way Too Little Damage For How Squishy He Is.

Solaurus

Funny how the "potent alternative to gunplay" potentially has the highest gun dps and utlity... with little to none power damage.

Yes i'm looking at you Electric Shield + almost any Corpus research weapon.

EDIT: ok, not counting Sonar and the likes.

Edited by Lers

Mag and Volt were widely considered to be the worst frames before they got reworked. The problem is the rework didn't really fix a lot of their glaring flaws.

How does that contradict my statement?

Nova is pretty much pure damage and everyone loves her just fine.

People overestimate the importance of the explosive portion of Molecular Prime at higher levels. Keep in mind that, in addition to causing enemies to explode, they're moving at 50% speed and take 2x damage for 60s in a 25m AoE.

Edited by 101blubb

While the choice of words is a little harsh I would have to agree after ranking Nyx to 30 twice that she does not fit the commonly accepted definition of the term "glass cannon."

But, on point... In addition to shock being worthless (even with storm helmet and focus) I think that some re-branding might in in line too. Calling Volt "perfect for players who want a potent alternative to gun-play" is not even accurate in the slightest. I don't know if it ever was back in the day, but now this title should be given to Vauban or Nova. When I play Volt, guns are all I have to do reliable damage.

The words were really only that harsh because of how blatantly wrong the person was. He also has no idea what he is saying. Nova isn't pop her "4" and wait for enemies to splode. Its more along the lines of run like hell with full shields, hit 4, die because a Corrupted Corpus soldier coughed on you, get revived, then blow **** up. I don't even think the guy even has Nova, Nyx, or Ember, let alone use them.

Nyx. A glass cannon. Do you even play the game? Are you sure your talking about the same Nyx? And I never said Nova was fun to play, just that her powers make up for her horrible defenses. But again, REALLY? Nyx a glass cannon? How the hell? She is CC. Chaos- NO DAMAGE, but makes all the mobs stupid as S#&$, Mind Control- NO DAMAGE, makes 1 mob stupid as S#&$, Absorb- NOT RELIABLE DAMAGE, GREEN PARTY STREAMERS-NOT ALL THAT GREAT DAMAGE.

Glass Cannon: A character with reliable high damage output that also has low/medium to mediocre defense and medium to little crowd control. That is a glass cannon. Now please, play more games before you say something this dumb.

Nyx....glass cannon.... now I'm all riled up.

Yes, i dont play the game. I just made comparison to health, armor and shields of both. You missed my point here.

And i see you are easily riled up and lacking common sense.

Nyx have damage abilites ( they are broken btw if you didnt noticed ), and nobody said that Chaos and MC suck ( they are godlike cc that shines everywhere and it isnt affected by mobs levles ). Do you even understand what you are reading. She was made to be cc+damage dealer ( if Absorb and Bolts worked correctly ), so she can be glass cannon if she works as intended.

Nova is glass cannon because you dont know how to survive. Most of the players are like: Oh i will kill everything with Nova, i am so cool. Then you meet Heavy Grineer with Rocket Launcher level 150 and die. She is glass cannon because she is killed easily? There is bunch of other frames that are killed easily.

Survivability depends on player skill, not frame health, shields and armor. I  can write wall of text about this.....but i wont. Nova is straight upgrade to damage dealing frames, end of point here. Saying she doesnt kill mobs level 150 instantly and dies fast when she encounters them is a joke. Everything is one or 2 shotted with 150+ enemies.

It's funny how two of the three reworked frames - Mag, Volt and Rhino - are widely considered to be the worst frames.

Well at least Rhino rework worked great but volt and mag...........................

A pure damage-oriented frame simply has no place in the game until the terrible scaling gets fixed. Speed will also become fairly viable once melee as a whole becomes viable. And alternative would be to let it boost weapon firerate too.

Take example a nova she is a Heavy-nuker that scale to late game with his ult  x 2 damage+ slow, utilty wormhole and pseudo-nyx ultimate

I wish all frames will have things like that.

Edited by Dasmir

Well at least Rhino rework worked great but volt and mag...........................

Take example a nova she is a Heavy-nuker that scale to late game with his ult  x 2 damage+ slow, utilty wormhole and pseudo-nyx ultimate

I wish all frames will have things like that.

Rhino is probably one of the best frames out right now because of his fix. But Volt is still butt and Mag, well Mag is at least not as bad as she was before.

I played this game after Update 9,Volt is the first Warframe I built myself. To me,Volt is the best SPEED bossing warframe due to his Speed,with Volt you can reach boss location quicker than any other warframe,when I mean "QUICKER" it's 4 to 5 time faster. When I master certain map like Mars's War,I could reach the boss location with average 45 to 60seconds and kill it in 10sec, If I don't get any mats from the boss I just abort the mission right away.My highest record is 16 Morphics,11 Galliums and 7 Orokin Cells one hour farming at there. Do it solo if u think public players are too slow to catch up our SPEED.

What I really wan to say is every warframe have their own strong point. Like Volt best speed bossing warframe for me.Vauban best infest defense warframe.Frost the best corpus/grineer defense warframe.Lastly Nova, the best early defense on every race.

In fact,I dumped my Volt after farming up above 100 morphics,neurodes and orokin cells,coz I don't need a boss farming machine anymore after that.On the other hand,assume you are a free-to-play player if u made the right decision at starting using 40 platinum for extra 2 warframe slot you should have no problem about which warframe is better than yours.4 Warframe slot:Vauban,Frost,Loki/Ash and Volt. Vauban and Frost for defense warframe.Loki or Ash for Nightmare warframe. Volt for speed bossing machine.It's simple isn't it? DE gave you an option to switch warframe instead of limiting you to 1 warframe,you should be grateful already.

Edited by ElkenLAK

Really?You had Loki and still consider Volt the better rush character?

Did you ever try to slap rush and a dual zoren on your Loki?

I can guarantee you that no Volt is ever going to catch up to you.

Hell not even a Volt with dual zoren because he will be too busy searching for energy orbs.

And thats not even considering the boss encounter itself that Loki can just invi through.

[edit]scratch that,for some reason I read Loki into your first sentence.

Still,if you want to rush bosses Loki is the Frame to go,Volt doesnt even come close.

Edited by Spellcasterz

Really?You had Loki and still consider Volt the better rush character?

Did you ever try to slap rush and a dual zoren on your Loki?

I can guarantee you that no Volt is ever going to catch up to you.

Hell not even a Volt with dual zoren because he will be too busy searching for energy orbs.

And thats not even considering the boss encounter itself that Loki can just invi through.

[edit]scratch that,for some reason I read Loki into your first sentence.

Still,if you want to rush bosses Loki is the Frame to go,Volt doesnt even come close.

If the way you think makes you feel better so be it :D.Ruining people perfection is bad so i won't argue with you how you should use volt with this way or that way.

Edited by ElkenLAK