Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Oh No You Don't! (Squad Management)

Sophista

Howdy Tennos...

So, we all had at least one run with one of these:

Subject A "pr0 Runner"

I understand that tenno needs to move fast, and sometimes expeditious retreat is wise choice...

but when i see someone rushing to objective, pulling tons of mobs (that later on block way further, making it harder to catch-up) and leaving you, fighting all these bastards, with lock down on you. Your pc is lagging like hell cause you fighting tons of mobs... and then you get no reward because this runner decided to finish w/o giving you chance to finish...

Subject B "KILS KILS KILS"

Spawn killers on defense missions. they may not know that fighting near pod together, is best way to milk these missions... but when you kindly ask, they simply tell you to f**k off... i get it, you don't agree, say no, gimme your opinion, or just don't agree and do your style, but why insults...

Subject C "farmer"

Your team is working your way up to boss perfectly fine, killing him is like scratching your belly... and then 2 of your squad leave because it was XXX blueprint instead of YYY... i mean, cmon. rly? and then  you're struggling to the end, cause of RNG?? no, cause of farmers

And theres couple other reasons i really would like to see..

Blacklist.

or actually, any system that allows me to select if i ever again wanna run with that player.

PS. most of you guys are nice folks, love running with you. These are rare examples, however, they happen...

What do you guys think?

Edited by PiotrGracz

+1

Completely agree. I play all different styles. Depends on what my goal is. If I'm farming blueprints, I rush and kill as fast as I can. When farming resources, I open everything. When farming rare resources such as orikin cells, I just rush through everything like blueprints. I try not to get too far ahead of my team though. If I feel as if I rush too hard, I run solo or with a friend.

I do see everyones point on this subject. When I want to take my time and open everything, rushers are frustration. When I'm trying to finish things quick, people who decided to open absolutely everything ends in frustration for me as well. I've just started playing only with friends so I'm not the cause of frustration. I do agree though that there should be some sort of blacklist or something along those lines.

Howdy Tennos...

Subject A "pr0 Runner"

I understand that tenno needs to move fast, and sometimes expeditious retreat is wise choice...

but when i see someone rushing to objective, pulling tons of mobs (that later on block way further, making it harder to catchup) and leaving you, fighting all these bastards, with lock down on you. Your pc is lagging like hell cause you fighting tons of mobs... and then you get no reward because this runner decided to finish w/o giving you chance to finish...

Spawn killers on defense missions. they may not know that fighting near pod together, is best way to milk these missions... but when you kindly ask, they simply tell you to f**k off... i get it, you don't agree, say no, gimme your opinion, or just don't agree and do your style, but why insults...

Subject C "farmer"

Your team is working your way up to boss perfectly fine, killing him is like scratching your belly... and then 2 of your squad leave because it was XXX blueprint instead of YYY... i mean, cmon. rly? and then  youre struggling to the end, cause of RNG?? no, cause of farmers

A: Requires 2 to end the mission : therefore half the team agreed to rush, therefore.. you and perhaps the one other would either be equally at odds, or you'd actually be the one getting the boot. Either it's a tie, or your out, either way they are in the right to rush. 

B.) Meh, all this means is let the pod go early on and get together with another group. The more people like this you run into, the more oppertunity you have to talk to people whom aren't doing - just this. Befriend them, make full groups of talented individuals come together and work in the way you desire.

C.) Farming harms none. The game doesn't shut down when they leave, just means get to extraction without them.

Reasoning: This topic is overdone and not a thing you can do about it really.

Offering a setting button to preset yourself to "Hey I'm a rusher" - "I'm a farmer LF x" - "I'm .. well.. a killer." wouldn't solve much as how many people would actually bother to set themselves to what they are? Even if it became a requirement you'd have plenty just press the first button and do what they are feeling like doing anyway. Making it rely on your stats would restrict more than just rushers and slam people who normally go slow wanting to rush - being in a situation with a group that doesn't want to rush. No automation would help in the long run, no self selection will go un-abused.

Offering a boot/ignore system would just be abused, no way around that.  - Clarification : You'd have your share ignoring people whom have done nothing wrong, who just had a spat, you'd have a ton of valid hosts ignoring you for rushing that way one time you were in a bad mood, for that one comment, or just cause they didn't like your warframe choice / weapon choice, and seriously - blacklisting one person across hundreds of thousands/millions of players? Won't help.. it just won't.

The only other alternative is if they release a new Hosting system in which the Host is in total control. Yay.. that.. won't be abused either..

Best solution I've seen thus far in all threads and all prior games? : Offering yourself the perk of befriending the good for future games and actually ignoring the bad until your in your premade groups = Profit. Just the truth of it.

Edited by Azraill

Anything that gives people more control over the environment they want to spend their game time in is generally something I can support.

We would have to be sure that the proposed changes won't open up new avenues of potential abuse, which is my main problem with the "Vote kick" idea.

Anything that gives people more control over the environment they want to spend their game time in is generally something I can support.

We would have to be sure that the proposed changes won't open up new avenues of potential abuse, which is my main problem with the "Vote kick" idea.

I dont want to be able to kick any1 during session, just after i see couple times that certain player isnt the one i want to work with, i can simply chose not to.

I dont want to be able to kick any1 during session, just after i see couple times that certain player isnt the one i want to work with, i can simply chose not to.

I would love to see that added, those people that you described in your post totally ruin the gameplay for me

That said I thought about preventions about it and this is the best thing(s) I can think about:

Subject A ProRunner: We don't rly have a choice here and the best thing is that you just speak to him in squad chat, usually they respond rude and get pissed off (no idea why, guess they are inpatient) and sometimes they'll just disconnect

Subject B KILS: This one I hate the most of the 3, I usually just let Cryo get destroyed or go there where he is and steal his kills so he relocate to other location (usually it works) and then I can go back to Cryo, if he moves to the "infamous farming spot" again, I just write to stay on mid coz we can't kill enemies and sometimes "killer" comes back too

Subject C Farmer: This one I didn't encountered a lot, but it's his loss, that "Quit rate" on his profile updates so people will not want to group with him after that rate goes high, and when he leaves I would just rush to the exit if I can't handle the enemies

You can do plenty about it now, see a name you don't like - leave the session when they join.

Add them to the contact's ignore and check it against the names in the session you joined. 

Add in a blacklist? Now your doing the same thing in a way that's either going to be useless, or be abused. As I put my opinion in above. 

In a game this large, blacklisting after a session will result in you never seeing -that- person again, which you can pretty much do anyway by adding to ignore in your contacts as it is - and if a name looks familiar - pull it up in your contacts and just leave. If you joined their session you'd have been booted, if they joined your session and your not the host - nothing would have happen - and if they joined your session and you were hosting, now it worked in your favor. For once.

That's working on the off chance that ever would happen and -not- the vastly more likely situation of someone completely different showing up and doing the same thing, since this game consists of thousands upon thousands of people I doubt you'd ever run into the same person twice. I certainly never recall it happening and even the few times we've gotten trolls - just pulled up the open chat, told the good players I wanted to start a private session, quickly added to contacts from the recently played tab and we all just left and joined a private session with a +1 friend. So easy.

There's a lot of ppl out there who are lets say... "assho***" no offense.... but its true,

The defense hero, the guy who plays frost and spam snow globes all over the map, the guy who is nova and always go out in mobile def missions to kill everything and leave the party with no exp, the leecher, the one who rush, the one that move at snail speed, the one who is mastery 1 and is in a defense mission on pluto... etc etc...

Yes it would be nice to kick them but the thing is players not always will vote for kick only for that players... they will abuse the kick system...

So  i would say no to kick option and the only solution is to play solo or with invite only but cause u never find friends that wanna do the same mission than you or looking the same thing like u or doing it the same times like you... huh.... this is crap... just luck to get a good party or no Warframe is bless with the RNG god same with the team party.

So, if we're complaining about how people play...

I hate it how when I rush forward, and leave a trail of slaughtered enemies, and my team mate can't keep up with me. What happens when I reach a 2-person door? Now I have to wait for him to catch up to me. I want a way that lets me remove players that are too slow, and end up slowing me down.

While we're at it, I want to be able to blacklist players who make me wait for elevators. It's such an inconvenience.

Sarcasm's fun, isn't it?

While all of you people are hating on the 'omfg 2fast4um8, no time 2kill enemies' rushers, they're annoyed that the slower players can't keep up.

I'm a rusher. I go ahead of my team, and kill everything. Usually, there's another rusher with me. Sometimes the whole team keeps up with me, and kills too.

You know what I've never seen in all my time [quite a long time] of playing this? Rushers who aren't leaving devastated enemy hordes behind them.

About the other points... Why do you care if someone quits after not getting the BP they wanted? They lose all the exp, money, and loot they would have gotten. You get to keep it. Who wins? You wins.

Complaining about someone killing groups of enemies... I mean. Really? And it's not like they don't mark mod drops. Generally when I play, it's part of our plan for someone to sit in a far-away choke point.

I am all for an ignore list, don't get me wrong here. Sometimes someone's just a meany-head, and you want to ignore them.

But please, don't base your ignores/blacklisting on how a player plays the game.

Add in a blacklist? Now your doing the same thing in a way that's either going to be useless, or be abused. As I put my opinion in above. 

In a game this large, blacklisting after a session will result in you never seeing -that- person again, which you can pretty much do anyway by adding to ignore in your contacts as it is -

Never again? Most of the ignore (w/ blacklist) options I have seen in other games allow you to add and remove names to the list. Back in WOW (LC) I used to clear my ignore list every year sometime between x-mass and new years.

Already pretty much do anyways? Yea, you are technically correct there and I am a huge proponent of using the contacts list. That being said what most people asking for a blacklist actually want is that when someone is in your ignore list that matchmaker does not put you in their group, a group that they are in, or allow them to join a group that you are in. Basically we want our personal ignore list to be tied into the matchmaker. You know, like the way most ignore lists work in a lot of other MMOs. Right now if I'm not mistaken that only thing the ignore list in this game does is stop you from getting that person's communication.

Abuse? How? Now a kick feature, I can see how that can be abused, I've seen it in the past with my own eyes. But a personal (nu-sharable) blacklist? I do not see or understand how that could be abused or used as a troll tool. You are only limiting yourself from those individuals you personally would rather not interact with.

As to your previous post, not making a difference in millions of players? O,o I don't get where you're coming from with this claim, have you thought this out?

A) by most counts there are not many "trolls" in this game, most players admit that these individuals are a minority.

B) Blacklist means that I do not get grouped with these few trolls more then once.

So if there is a small number or trolls and I have the ability to blacklist them when I meet them, problem solved. How would this "not make a difference?" I have excused myself from the presence of trolls in other games with the use of an ignore list, even in a game that had over 11 million subscribers at the time, so I don't understand how it "won't help," the concept is already proven.

EDIT: Carcharias, didn't see your reply before i posted mine. Similar thinking. hifive.

You can do plenty about it now, see a name you don't like - leave the session when they join.

Add them to the contact's ignore and check it against the names in the session you joined. 

In a game this large, blacklisting after a session will result in you never seeing -that- person again, which you can pretty much do anyway by adding to ignore in your contacts as it is - and if a name looks familiar - pull it up in your contacts and just leave. If you joined their session you'd have been booted, if they joined your session and your not the host - nothing would have happen - and if they joined your session and you were hosting, now it worked in your favor. For once.

That's working on the off chance that ever would happen and -not- the vastly more likely situation of someone completely different showing up and doing the same thing, since this game consists of thousands upon thousands of people I doubt you'd ever run into the same person twice. I certainly never recall it happening and even the few times we've gotten trolls - just pulled up the open chat, told the good players I wanted to start a private session, quickly added to contacts from the recently played tab and we all just left and joined a private session with a +1 friend. So easy.

You say, i can leave session. That is True.
You say i can remember/write down this "bad" player name and avoid it. That is True.

As far as i know, this game is beta, and forums are open for suggestion...

So, if i may suggest something that will save me time on checking lists/names (sounds medieval:))

Some solution that would save me from frustration of joining and leaving session...

A simple blacklist system. opposite to friend list.

Just for me (meaning: evry1 have very own, personal list)

I do agree with you, that blacklisting would mean that i will not play with this guy/girl  untill i "unBlacklist" him/her.

But i didnt meant to put half of players on it, im speaking about maybe 10, maybe 15 players. 

And even if i would abuse it, by adding evryone i see... i would simply just hurt myself. and i would end up without teammates...

There's a lot of ppl out there who are lets say... "assho***" no offense.... but its true,

The defense hero, the guy who plays frost and spam snow globes all over the map, the guy who is nova and always go out in mobile def missions to kill everything and leave the party with no exp, the leecher, the one who rush, the one that move at snail speed, the one who is mastery 1 and is in a defense mission on pluto... etc etc...

Yes it would be nice to kick them but the thing is players not always will vote for kick only for that players... they will abuse the kick system...

So  i would say no to kick option and the only solution is to play solo or with invite only but cause u never find friends that wanna do the same mission than you or looking the same thing like u or doing it the same times like you... huh.... this is crap... just luck to get a good party or no Warframe is bless with the RNG god same with the team party.

Sorry sir, but you misunderstood my idea. I do not want to KICK player during ACTIVE session.
I simply want to be able to put a player on "Blacklist" so when i will host missions in future, im sure this player will not join me.

This way , by abusing it, i can only hurt myself... by ending up with no players to play with.

this game is great, theres like thousands of fun folks here... and only couple, really couple, are trolling, generaly ruining session.

Im just trying to skip these, staright to fun runs with ya all..

Edited by PiotrGracz

For A and C problem: you can switch to private, invite only to play your friends.

B problem: Agree 100%, those guys are ridiculous, and when i ask them to play with the group, then they say: you are a noob ... etc etc..

Thanks for reply mate, but this thread is more about putting a ignore list/blacklist system than ways to punish/get rid of mentioned players.

We have to understand that if someone finds a fun in rushing to objective and making it harder for rest to catch-up...its their fun.

If someone wants to spawn kill, let him spawn kill.

if one finds fun in insulting others, im alright with that.

But after i decide i do not want to play with one i do not find fun to play with, give me option not to.

Never again? Most of the ignore (w/ blacklist) options I have seen in other games allow you to add and remove names to the list. Back in WOW (LC) I used to clear my ignore list every year sometime between x-mass and new years.

Already pretty much do anyways? Yea, you are technically correct there and I am a huge proponent of using the contacts list. That being said what most people asking for a blacklist actually want is that when someone is in your ignore list that matchmaker does not put you in their group, a group that they are in, or allow them to join a group that you are in. Basically we want our personal ignore list to be tied into the matchmaker. You know, like the way most ignore lists work in a lot of other MMOs. Right now if I'm not mistaken that only thing the ignore list in this game does is stop you from getting that person's communication.

Abuse? How? Now a kick feature, I can see how that can be abused, I've seen it in the past with my own eyes. But a personal (nu-sharable) blacklist? I do not see or understand how that could be abused or used as a troll tool. You are only limiting yourself from those individuals you personally would rather not interact with.

As to your previous post, not making a difference in millions of players? O,o I don't get where you're coming from with this claim, have you thought this out?

A) by most counts there are not many "trolls" in this game, most players admit that these individuals are a minority.

B) Blacklist means that I do not get grouped with these few trolls more then once.

So if there is a small number or trolls and I have the ability to blacklist them when I meet them, problem solved. How would this "not make a difference?" I have excused myself from the presence of trolls in other games with the use of an ignore list, even in a game that had over 11 million subscribers at the time, so I don't understand how it "won't help," the concept is already proven.

-Edited to condense this post a bit :3

Let's see if I can't .. express this more clearly: 

Join a session with three others. Two are perfectly fine, one's an a-hole rusher. You set the a-hole to ignore, now he's just standing there doing nothing. You talk to the other two, and invite them to a private session and they / you invite a new friend and boom, you've got your 4 man group for awhile, or you just leave the group and rejoin a minute later : odds are you won't end up in the same group -unless- it's the only one active in the area, in which case you were screwed anyway and would have been soloing.

Option 2, your hosting a game and the same occurrence takes place - you set him to ignore after the match and .. actually odds are you won't ever see him again, not that same person, and if you ever do you won't see or hear anything he says, and odds are by the time you see this person again  he won't remember you and will be doing what he's suppose to. I've never had a reoccurring issue with the same person. On the off chance your hosting again with this blacklisting and he just so happen to have tried to join and it blocked him out, you made use of it! Only.. to have someone else join with a 50/50 chance of being a type of player you don't like. That's my point. 

- Not saying blacklisting itself is a horribad idea that can never be useful and would only be a source of some sort of abuse, I'm saying it just wouldn't be helpful more than once in hundreds of even thousands of sessions - if at all - and I stress 'at all' since the odds are your just replacing a known dislike with another person who's got a good probability to fall under the same tree: block him too? Well sure, then your left with another.. and another, it's kinda endless. It's not solving a problem it's not even really delaying a problem, it's just preventing one person from being a repeated problem which I can't recall in I think - 300+ hours - ever having happen. Why have another system cluttering things (be it in the UI or just in the coding itself having to check against name-lists of hosts when join-requests are placed to a session. Plus time on the Dev's to code in, and the rare chance any bugs that spring out.) .. for an issue that can already be avoided just the same as if it didn't exist with a +2 second delay for you to realize, oh troll /bye? 

Making friends is the only viable solution if you never want it to happen or to have repeats, and that's not being critical just honest about the situation.

Edited by Azraill

Howdy Tennos...

Subject A "pr0 Runner"

but when i see someone rushing to objective, pulling tons of mobs (that later on block way further, making it harder to catch-up) and leaving you, fighting all these bastards, with lock down on you. Your pc is lagging like hell cause you fighting tons of mobs... and then you get no reward because this runner decided to finish w/o giving you chance to finish...

Subject C "farmer"

Your team is working your way up to boss perfectly fine, killing him is like scratching your belly... and then 2 of your squad leave because it was XXX blueprint instead of YYY... i mean, cmon. rly? and then  you're struggling to the end, cause of RNG?? no, cause of farmers

And theres couple other reasons i really would like to see..

Blacklist.

or actually, any system that allows me to select if i ever again wanna run with that player.

PS. most of you guys are nice folks, love running with you. These are rare examples, however, they happen...

What do you guys think?

Yes!

1) You set the a-hole to ignore, now he's just standing there doing nothing.

2) You talk to the other two, and invite them to a private session and they / you invite a new friend and boom, you've got your 4 man group for awhile, or you just leave the group and rejoin a minute later 

3) odds are you won't end up in the same group

3) .. actually odds are you won't ever see him again, not that same person, 

4)  he won't remember you and will be doing what he's suppose to.

5) I've never had a reoccurring issue with the same person.

6) On the off chance your hosting again with this blacklisting and he just so happen to have tried to join and it blocked him out, you made use of it! Only.. to have someone else join with a 50/50 chance of being a type of player you don't like. That's my point. 

7) it's kinda endless.

8) Why have another system cluttering things

9) Making friends is the only viable solution if you never want it to happen or to have repeats, and that's not being critical just honest about the situation.

1) In this example you use the instance of a "rusher." When have you seen this type of player "just standing there doing nothing?"

2) Yes this is a possible way to deal with the situation. Yes you can use your contacts list or join a clan of like minded players. Blacklist would be faster and easier.

3) You're not playing the odds my friend. Just yesterday I ended up with the same guy in three separate defense mission in a row. Wasn't a problem in this case but yes it does happen. This is the reason why I don't like the "kick" option that some have been asking for.

4) Very VERY presumptuous of you to attempt to predict human behavior. You prediction seems to rely on the premise that the offending individual was just having an "off" run and doing the behavior that the blacklist creator finds annoying just that once. I admit that this is a possibility, but if you study human behavior you will find that the greater percentage of individuals are creatures of habit. If you meet a rusher (for example) it is much more likely that the rusher prefers to play that way and that he "rushes" on a regular basis as opposed to just rushing this one time because the house is on fire.

5) Personal experience. I assure you it is not impossible.

6) Yea, I get that. My point is that if only a small % of players "troll" then each individual should be able to custom build an "anti-troll" list. If only a small number of players do it, then your list won't be very big.

7) No, again, it's not. It is not "endless," in fact it is inevitable that one will eventually no longer have to play with other players who disagree with their play style. At the rate of playing the game and given the small percentage of trolls, you will weed out the trolls faster than they can procreate. In over 400 hours of game play at this time if I could blacklist there would probably be less than 5 names there.

8) Why? Because the alternative that there has been many threads asking for is a kick system. That system would be more complicated and could actually be used by trolls, as I said before I've seen it happen in other games. This is an online game. We live in a world where people online will / can bully other people to death. Most players in this game are reasonable players in my opinion, but not 100%.

9) I agree that the contacts list and making friends is a superior method. But people are lazy and want results now. The "blacklist" is being put forth by myself and others in direct counter to all the ones who keep asking for a kick option. Could people use the contacts list? YES ! That's what I have done for over 400 hours myself. But I support the blacklist idea because I have seen "kick options" (including but not limited to "vote kick") used to execute extremely prejudice preferences in game play. With a blacklist your reasons for not playing with another are your own and the target of your ignore action doesn't even know that they have been ignored and as such doesn't get their ego hurt. Compared to kick it's pretty harmless.

Also to claim that X is the "only viable solution" is a logical fallacy and I respectfully as possible point out that such claims weaken your debate thesis. Remember, "only a Sith deals in absolutes" -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Edited by Carcharias

Also to claim that X is the "only viable solution" is a logical fallacy and I respectfully as possible point out that such claims weaken your debate thesis. Remember, "only a Sith deals in absolutes" -Obi-Wan Kenobi

Bypassing the rest and going with, I always did prefer the Sith: so that about sums it up. ;) 

At any rate, just my opinion (on the idea, not the Sith.. the Sith are quite obviously superior and win in the long run >:| the sith can never die.. nor can HK47. Just how it is.) 

We need an HK47 blacklisting voice, I no longer disapprove if when blacklisting it strips HK47 Lines out of KOTOR .. I'll be content.

At any rate I still find it .. pointless.. myself, but neh, people want it people can have it :P I don't care. Certainly not hurting me just because I'll never use it, just better not add to the lag.. which.. every little thing adds to the lag.. but can get over it :| .. Kotor lines though DE.. HK47.. meatbags.. now..yesterday infact.

Edit: Also just .. cause it's glaring at me..

1.) was a reference to .. two different kinds of people, such as a rusher in a normal mission - who you &!$$ed off and now is just standing there avoiding crossing the boundry till the last second delaying you and your team a minute.. and the other type, the one's camping the doors outside of XP range in defense whom you might &!$$ off and now they just stand there doing nothing. Sort of was referencing a mixed bag. Any rate.. Hk47 .. meatbag lines on blacklist.. sure why not!

Edited by Azraill

Gonna pop back in here to upvote the OP and say I support the idea of an "exclusion" system for players you don't want to join games with.

Someone would have to figure out the general scope of its function, but a simple "first come, first served" rule seems good enough for me.

Don't add me to sessions containing players from this list.

Don't add players from this list to game sessions I am already in.

Someone would have to figure out how to avoid "who got here first" traffic jams, which doesn't sound terribly difficult.

The other problem that comes to mind is situations where multiple "exclusion" conditions might pile up between multiple players, but this shouldn't ever happen if the first problem can be solved.

It might be a stretch too far for the matchmaking system in place right now, but I still would like to see it happen.

Gonna pop back in here to upvote the OP and say I support the idea of an "exclusion" system for players you don't want to join games with.

Someone would have to figure out the general scope of its function, but a simple "first come, first served" rule seems good enough for me.

Don't add me to sessions containing players from this list.

Don't add players from this list to game sessions I am already in.

Someone would have to figure out how to avoid "who got here first" traffic jams, which doesn't sound terribly difficult.

The other problem that comes to mind is situations where multiple "exclusion" conditions might pile up between multiple players, but this shouldn't ever happen if the first problem can be solved.

It might be a stretch too far for the matchmaking system in place right now, but I still would like to see it happen.

Hey mate:) I think that it should be host-related.

Meaning, if i have player xx on blacklist i will not be able to join HIS hosting session, and he will not be able to join my hosting sessions.

When my friend will be hosting he can invite me and player xx, and we all can play together then.

why that? because its another c hance of seeing that "badguy" with support of your friend.

Maybe he did had bad day then? maybe he learned...

and even if not, you're there already with friend:)

Worst case, both of em are not in your playstyle range...

then  you can listen to Azrail and leave session