Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Farming Trinity/Animo feedback

globeadue

So Trinity parts are locked behind:

• Farming Animo Nav Beacons that are RNG spawned on missions.
  • Farming Animo on Hades which needs Animo Nav Beacons to enter
  • Getting a random piece of Trinity as a reward.

Why is there RNG on Trinity part drops, it is not like you can freely farm the mission for the parts like say Vay Hek (Earth) for Hydroid. The drop of Trinity part should be 1 part you don’t own. You should be able to turn in Trinity part blueprints for enough Animo Nav Beacons to retry for needed parts.

As to the boss fight, there needs to be a console that spawns more ambulas. Waves of 1,1,1,2 ambulas’s is tedious and draws out a fight that a specter can stand and do. Heck if I want to try 4 ambulas wave one, I wish there was an option to do so.

I know there are other part frames that have the same issue of dropping from bosses you have to farm points to get to and any such should be “dropping a part you don't have already” mechanic based and/or be able to trrade the blueprints back for an unlock of the nav point.

5 minutes ago, globeadue said:

Why is there RNG on Trinity part drops, it is not like you can freely farm the mission for the parts like say Vay Hek (Earth) for Hydroid. The drop of Trinity part should be 1 part you don’t own. You should be able to turn in Trinity part blueprints for enough Animo Nav Beacons to retry for needed parts.

You clearly haven't seen how you used to get to Vay Hek, because by comparison, Ambulas is outright merciful.

Pre U15.13, Hek needed a key to access.  To make this key, you needed components that dropped from Prosecutors on Ceres (bear in mind, Ceres used to be a fairly high-level planet) on a certain chance for each component.  You needed, at minimum (and mind this is pure iirc at this moment because the Wiki removed most of the info on said key) 10 Beacons, split across four types, that, I stress, were on a chanced drop from a rare enemy that only took damage from a single source and/or bleed procs.

Oh and this key was also one-time use, so if you got a part you already had?  Better luck next time, kiddo!

I understand some of this does still apply to Ambulas, but remember, Ambulases spawn in at least once a mission on Pluto (disregarding Infested nodes of course), give a set amount of Nav Beacons, and are comparatively easier to gun down if you know what you're doing than 'Hope you brought the right type of damage to fite me' Prosecutors.

3 minutes ago, Sintag said:

You clearly haven't seen how you used to get to Vay Hek

Why do we not still need keys to access the Vay Hek fight? The only logical answer is that the system was terrible, so they removed it. It wasn’t great, I farmed Hydroid on that system.

So, why do DE insist on making more boss fights that are essentially the same? Senda Boss and the Judgement Points, Mutalist Alad and the keys, Ambulus and the animo. All of these things allow for a single boss fight, just like the Vay Hek key. It’s just grind on grind on grind. Why is this good for gameplay?

21 minutes ago, globeadue said:

dropping a part you don't have already

I do not think this one is the answer. Perhaps a token system? One token per fight, set up the cost so you have to do it 5 (or 10) times or so to get all the parts.

10 hours ago, krc473 said:

So, why do DE insist on making more boss fights that are essentially the same? Sedna Boss and the Judgement Points, Mutalist Alad and the keys, Ambulus and the animo. All of these things allow for a single boss fight, just like the Vay Hek key. It’s just grind on grind on grind. Why is this good for gameplay?

All of these are either buildup (Kela's taunting during Rathuum so you can make her eat her words), a preview (Ambulases show how to deal with this proxy) or an artifact (...yeah, Mutalist Alad's actually terribly designed and I'm gonna go make a post on it.)

From a devteam standpoint?  I'm going to post a video and leave you to figure out the extreme subtlety of why this is.

Edited by Sintag