Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Just Broke Up With My Gf

KIKIRIKI

Last weekend I broke up with my girlfriend of 5 years. My first love none-the-less. I know this isn't the place, but I'm not really close to my parents, my friends are a bunch of hoolingans, and other relatives are too distant (literally in some instances like my cousins in Austria). I lived with her for the majority of those years. I graduated college less than a year ago and I've got a full time job now. I live close to my work so I would come home for lunch everyday.

Now I come home to an empty apartment. I miss the dog we had together almost as much. She was a crazy little thing but man could she ever put a smile on a guys face.

My girlfriend has her faults. As do I needless to say. But the saying of "you never know how much you love something until you don't have it" rings truer than the fact that water is wet. It feels like a new epoch. Or an old one perhaps... pre girlfriend epoch. I don't know. I've had a few, the wounds are still fresh, and I NEED TO TALK TO SOMEONE. Even if it is a bunch of noobs who don't @(*()$ realize the game isn't about getting better guns but instead it's about killing grineer and corpus and infested with style.

I digress. I just don't know what to do. I know the pain will subside. I know life will move on. I just feel like a loved one has died. Many say friendship after a breakup is near impossible but I wish so much for it.

I don't know what I want. I don't know where to go from here. I doesn't feel like anything will make this feeling better. This just sucks more than anything has ever sucked in my life. When I'm at work I just want to go home, when I'm home I just want to be somewhere else.

I don't know what I want. Then again if I did I'd be richer beyond my wildes dreams.

Thanks for letting me rant.

I feel for you, but really, I come here to QQ about things I dislike, and +1 things I do like, not feel bad for someone. Looking For Squad is your best bet.

Good luck to you sir, and sorry about your relationship. But emotional distress is best cured by a professional or someone who really knows you.

Fellow Tenno on the internet may not be your best bet.

EDIT: Reguards to you by someone who had the same problem before. Talking about it only makes it worse.

Edited by Hayden11121

You'll be alright lad. I broke up with a long-time girlfriend about 4 months ago.

Healing takes time.

However, I will give my two cents to "my friends are a bunch of hooligans"

....perhaps it's time you made some closer friends? Friends are very important because unlike most girlfriends, friends stick by you lad.

Regards:

Erich/Cyrus

Fellow Tenno are the best... just like strangers at a bar. But anyways as far as my hooligan friends. Perhaps I was harsh with that adjective. They're good guys and wish only the best but don't know how far along I can talk about the emotional stuff.

I'm sure I'll be fishing soon enough.

Probably should've posted this in the off-topic board in the first place, but the mods already got to it so oh well.

Suffering isn't comparable (for obvious reasons hopefully), but I can relate to it still. Your story, whatever it is, is special and complex. But everyone goes through a sting similar to yours. Both genders, all races, all personalities, it affects all of us.

What's important is to fill your life with good people that will make you laugh, usually someone of the same gender will share some of the same interests (plus the tension is much lower than with the opposite). If you don't have any friends to talk to, you're in a bit of a pickle and should try to socialize when you are able to, a little after you recover.

This is not the place to come to unfortunately, but there is help online and offline. I hope you recover. I'm still suffering a blow to my heart. But I am coming to, and I'm sure you can as well.

Edited by Xelorx

Hope this cheers you up.

Cause this is was one of the main things that stopped me from losing myself.. Quite literally lol.

Funny things seem to help me. Maybe it does for you too...

Hope things get better for you.

Also, sorry if this made you feel worse... Hopefully it didnt...

Edited by Deaths.Reap3r

Youtube tends to be the place to cheer me up as well, though I have my own tastes than from the above vid. I like some "vine" videos, egoraptor, let's plays, anything. Google can be your friend sometimes, but tread safely.

It's ok if you wanna be heard (or readed) anyplace will be good for that, even if it's in this kind of forums. Everyone, even we, as Tenno, have stories to be told, advice to be given, lols to be loled. Sharing feels is a good way to make new friends, keep that in mind :)

And maybe i'm too young.. but can i give you an advice?

Just wait, and smile.

Take your time to heal your wounds, and don't forget that good moments and new friends always are likely to arrive if you keep smiling.

Trust me, we are in the same boat. 

(My apologise for my bad english ;W;)

Edited by Dreykan