Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Unvaulted neo and meso relic rates seem low.

Pippykins

I'm not opposed to the relic bounties as I'm kind of glad for the change of pace, but the drop tables for the meso and neo relics are a bit brutal. It's not really "focused relic farming" if you have a similar drop chance of normal relic farming. The only difference is instead of getting other relics trying to get the one relic I want, I'm just getting wisps and endo instead of the one relic I want. The focused bit just winds up being lip service at that point even if it is the only thing on the table. it's the same reason I get burnt out trying to get lenses on these same two bounty tiers, the low drop chances just don't feel like my time spent here is worthwhile, especially when you have a few missions in a row pulling just wisps, endo, and the same mods.

Part of it might be that you can do these bounties faster than excavations or defenses and it might just even out time investment-wise, but having too many shorter missions that feel like a waste of time will burn people out quicker than a more conventional method.

if you guys could just trim the extra junk off the tables, or put the rewards percentages in line with the axi relics that'd be great. 

yeah... replace "wisps and endo" with "another augur message" and you'll get something that's more accurate. seeing the same mods over and over again is super disheartening. the relics should have higher drop chance because neither I or the game's economy need 15 sinking talons. no ones buying them so it's a 10 endo reward there. 15 meso e1s, on the other hand, is probably something better for the games overall life. It'll take a bunch to get the parts I want out of it, and the extra stuff can be sold to other players or turned to ducats when needed them. By comparison, getting mods are like getting no reward at all, and the 3 bounties in a row with no reward at all I just did sucked. 

You know what's the funny part for me? I did over 300 bounties since they were introduced and not a single Gara part. Today I did 10 bounties and I got 3 Gara drops and zero relics. 10 bounties, each 15-20 minutes, that's about 2 hours lost and no relics. For that time I would've run defense or interception and get SOME relics and probably a vaulted one, if they were to drop in regular missions. I don't know if the idea behind this decision is to make us play more PoE or give us better chance at the unvaulted relics, but neither is working. I'm simply disgusted by this decision. I want the relics and I want to earn them the same way I've been earning them until now. The amount of new relics and the items we need, add the RNG into the mix, and it becomes off-putting. 

There's just far too much stuff on the meso and neo drop tables at really odd amounts. 100 kuva, why? you need kuva in way larger amounts to make farming it through bounties worthwhile, anyone who wants kuva is just going to run siphon missions so why are they in bounties at all? Why do mods have the same or better drop chances than items we literally need tons of? All this does is make the mods useless to the game's economy via saturation while inflating the cost of any item you might need multiples of, such as zenurick lenses.

the best way to grind for either of these relics or lenses currently is to do the first stage and leave. your odds only get worse as more trash mods and wisps flood the reward pool, and the 7.41% drop chance on an augur message or gladiator finesse for staying the whole time just isn't worth it.