Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Make the Void Great Again!!!

ZarakkiZenn

I'm sure I'm not the first to suggest this, perhaps even to use that title, but I will elaborate nonetheless. So instead of adding another "omg why unvaulting through bounties (only)?!" thread, I'm actually going to write something constructive.

The Void, arguably the best designed and most underused tileset in Warframe, where noobs and vets alike strove to hold their ground against the unrelenting hordes for as long as they could and haul as much loot as they could, is now practically devoid of players. That's good endgame, or rather was. It's challenging, social, and scales almost indefinitely with no further coding required. It's a developer's wet dream, I'd image. Perhaps it was too random and rnjesus caused many a frustrated player to vent in the forums, eventually leading to the relic system.

Now, I'm not going to argue which is better and I'm not even going to complain that vaulted relics drop from bounties only, even though my PC can barely run PoE. I will, however, point out something which should have been apparent: it's a waste of content.

As far as PoE is concerned, DE, you've placed yourself in a lose-lose scenario. People will run bounties endlessly and within a few weeks at best, they're going to be sick and tired of it. Bottomline: they're gonna do it and they're gonna hate doing it. Of course nobody is forcing you to, but the incentive is there. Problem is, the latest content to be introduced will become synonymous with a grindfest to obtain vaulted items. Rather than being something new, different, enjoyable... something you take at your own pace and get the most enjoyment out of, it becomes something people rush through repeatedly within that one or two months to obtain the goodies and by the time that's done, they will come to despise it. Hence, a waste of content. And even though you can hunt down a specific relic from bounties as opposed to random mission rewards, there was nothing stopping people from trading relics to begin with so even that is not a valid argument. People will do it, they're gonna hate doing it eventually... perhaps then they'll buy prime access? I don't know.

Now I'm getting tired of writing so I'll cut to the chase. The Void should have better rewards in general, perhaps even good enough (scaling through rotations, as in increasing chances of rarer drops on subsequent same level rotations?) that people want to go there regardless. It's absurd how many Vitalities, Target Crackers, 150 endo, 2000 credits, etc., are present in reward tables even at higher levels and how high the chance of getting one such reward is. Of course, if better loot became common it would seize to be good and would become just that, common. Relics seem like the way to go because you can always get something out of them. Meso, Neo and Axi relics in general are annoying to acquire as they're tied to specific mission types and specific rotations; and with the exception of say rotation A in Tier 2 defense/survival and Tier 3 interception in general, the chances of obtaining those relics are rather abysmal.

Make the Void great again. Instead of tying rewards to specific mission types, give the Void it's own reward system depending on what used to be called Towers. So Tower 1 gets it's own loot table, Tower 2 gets its own loot table, and so on so forth. Single objective and reward missions such as Capture and Mobile defense could have their own separate table and reward based on Tower level (so tower 1 yields a tier 1 reward, towers 2 and 3 yield tier 2 rewards with increased chances for rarer loot in tower 3 missions, and tower four rewards yield tier 3 rewards). And when it comes to unvaultings, simple: spread the relics across the towers, which would require little tweaking of the code as that would have it's own reward table, by reducing chances for normal rewards and having vaulted relic drop chances at say 15-20%. If towers rather than mission types determined the reward table, people would have more variety to chose from; and if a scaling reward system is introduced, that'd please many a veteran I'd imagine.

Make the Void relevant again, give people a choice when it comes to unvaultings, and perhaps more importantly: reintroduce, in some form or another, truly endless missions for a purpose, I'm sure the community would appreciate it. Make the Void great again.

Not much else can be said than Void and Derelict need a purpose, and you summed it all up. They can have one if DE thinks straight on these instead of wanting people to get burnout on PoE. First this, then Eidolons, I'm gonna get sick of seeing the place soon, which is unfortunate.

Just putting this out there... that title structure makes me instantly hate whatever you've written.

1 hour ago, ZarakkiZenn said:

The Void, arguably the best designed and most underused tileset in Warframe, where noobs and vets alike strove to hold their ground against the unrelenting hordes for as long as they could and haul as much loot as they could, is now practically devoid of players. That's good endgame, or rather was. It's challenging, social, and scales almost indefinitely with no further coding required. It's a developer's wet dream, I'd image. Perhaps it was too random and rnjesus caused many a frustrated player to vent in the forums, eventually leading to the relic system.

Endless missions are not exclusive to the Void. It was not good endgame. It was not challenging, and again, endless scaling exists elsewhere and has since forever. The Relics had nothing to do with the RNG aspect of Void Tower keys. Players don't have that much control over what the devs do.

The Void should have better rewards in general, perhaps even good enough (scaling through rotations, as in increasing chances of rarer drops on subsequent same level rotations?) that people want to go there regardless.

This makes them "efficient" and therefore required. There would be players that do nothing but Void. We would then be back at doing Void Defense for a million waves, seeing the same bloody tile over and over again.

And when it comes to unvaultings, simple: spread the relics across the towers, which would require little tweaking of the code as that would have it's own reward table, by reducing chances for normal rewards and having vaulted relic drop chances at say 15-20%. If towers rather than mission types determined the reward table, people would have more variety to chose from; and if a scaling reward system is introduced, that'd please many a veteran I'd imagine.

Why would I buy PA or the unvaulting packs if it were easy to get them in-game? This veteran doesn't want to feel forced to spend an hour in Mot.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Endless missions are not exclusive to the Void. It was not good endgame. It was not challenging, and again, endless scaling exists elsewhere and has since forever.

Scaling exists but there's no incentive. You didn't like it, oh well. I'm sure many did. Fact is, any game can be cheesed and once you find out how it becomes monotonous and repetitive. That's why the social aspect is so important, and having a challenge before you encourages coop and socialization. For newer players, asking them to do 60+ waves in the Void (not just MoT, sir) surely is challenging.

5 hours ago, peterc3 said:

Why would I buy PA or the unvaulting packs if it were easy to get them in-game? This veteran doesn't want to feel forced to spend an hour in Mot.

The whole point is to have alternatives. You don't want to feel forced to spend an hour in MoT, no one's forcing you to. Many of us don't like the feel forced into running bounties everyday for two months. At least this way you'd have many different mission types to chose from depending on your mood. Seriously, you missed the forest for the trees. Also, who said it'd be easy? Numbers can be tweaked, etc. and it is in fact very easy right now.

I'll say it again: you missed the forest for the trees.

The Void seems like the logical tileset for vaulted relics because, for one, nostalgia, and for newer players who haven't had any reason to step foot in it other than to farm argon. That's just sad and truly a waste of content. Bounties and Void, why not? Making its rewards at least comparable to some of the more popular farming spots, why not? You hate it and got burned out on Void farming, I guess that's a good enough reason to let it float there idly.