The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Turn Nightmare Into A Breeze Build

aTaVaX

Question

http://cloud.steampowered.com/ugc/919018222963084810/BADA6D42483BD55DD388FB39CE753DE307EA120B/

I typically use vanguard with this and haven't faced a nightmare mode that wasn't a breeze with this build yet. with streamline you can often get the energy to cast iron skin from just one or two blue balls. Only have one forma in it too. You could probably get away with not even formaing it, you would just take something with the right polarity over energy siphon. 

Edited by aTaVaX

11 answers to this question

I disagree with almost everything you have on there.

Rhino - default helm

Rifle Amp if you haven't used forma on the aura, otherwise use what you like.

Charge, IS, Stomp - More useful actives to clear enemies or for mobility.

Focus - Bigger IS shield, how do you not have this on?

Steel Fiber - Make your health last longer.

Vitality - More health = bigger vampire heals per kill, and bigger drain per tick.  Synergizes with:

Rage - Fills your energy on health vampire fast enough to counteract energy drain completely.  Forma for syphon only adds even more so you start gaining again.  Also great in a pinch when your skin runs out and you start taking damage, just recast it.

Streamline - You have this, but don't forget to mention that it lets you START with IS cast if you skip the cutscenes.

The rest is up to you.  I personally like

Continuity, Constitution - Charge everywhere.

Want easy nightmare. Go with loki with maxed duration. Thats probably best speedrun setup

Thats until you meet energy vampire but dont worry...

Trinity with rage,vitality and physique + torid will do the trick. Thats without any doubt easiest setup.

Edited by Davoodoo

Why do you have Corrosive Projection and a Flux Rifle?

corrosive projection still increases the damage of the elemental mods on a weapon with base armor ignore. It also increases the damage from the sentinel along with the primary, secondary, melee, and abilities of everyone in the zone. IMO there are only two viable mods, energy siphon and corrosive projection. I think i honestly intended to have energy siphon equipped at the time though.

Edited by aTaVaX

corrosive projection still increases the damage of the elemental mods on a weapon with base armor ignore. It also increases the damage from the sentinel along with the primary, secondary, melee, and abilities of everyone in the zone. IMO there are only two viable mods, energy siphon and corrosive projection. I think i honestly intended to have energy siphon equipped at the time though.

Hadn't thought of elemental.  Good point!  In terms of other things, Sentinels do low damage, it looks like he has Dual Ether which are AI, and Rhino does AI.

Want easy nightmare. Go with loki with maxed duration. Thats probably best speedrun setup

Thats until you meet energy vampire but dont worry...

Trinity with rage,vitality and physique + torid will do the trick. Thats without any doubt easiest setup.

Trinity works well with my setup, especially the continuity/constitution part.  Just make sure blessing and vampire are on with link.  You need to forma a bit more because of the higher costs for actives you use, but otherwise it runs well.

I have to disagree with most of your choices. This is what I'd suggest to use as a Rhino, doesn't even need any Forma.

Nightmare%20rhino.jpg

Almost mine, but you have low vitality and steel fiber, and have roar and flow on instead of duration mods.  Ditch the roar and flow, switch to a maxed rifle amp, and you should have enough energy to put on something better.

Flow will not help during drain, you won't get that much at once ever.