Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

New Trials Suggestions

Polleo86

So recently the Devs released an announcement saying that trials will be temporarily be discontinued. Now, this is NOT a thread to discuss that, rather if they do continue trials in the future, what sort of features or improvements would you guys like to see?

Personally I think the reason trials lack an appeal for me is that for something that's end game content, because its farmable, the rewards are diluted and there is a meta that players expect you to follow to do them efficiently. 

Now one major problem with warframe is that its a game with a lot of farming without any end in sight. Veteran players seem burnt out from farming and casual players don't have the time to spend a lot of time farming.

So I'd like to suggest an idea: Similar to sorties, trials could be weekly missions that you could do over the weekend.  Since this means it's once per peek, there's no need to dilute the drop table. It could be a source of resources and rare parts that users that don't/can't farm (eg. Kuva) could play over the weekend. This way, there would be more incentive for players to play trials as it would be a refreshing contrast to the rest of the game. 

This way you could have a couple of different trials and switch them out bi-weekly. Different trials with different types of concepts (ones that require stealth, defense, aggression etc) would mean a bigger variety of frames would be viable. 

I think this kind of approach would give developers a lot more freedom to designing the trials since they could make it a lot more challenging or longer without worrying about players finding it tedious or burning out. And this also isn't a very ambitious concept as they wouldn't have to design too many trials. 

Also for players who have finished all the trials once, they could unlock more difficult and rewarding modes- maybe different enemies or handicaps (similar to sorties modifications but less automated) that switches out the reason for them to rely on a meta. 

The point I'm trying to make is that trials rather than something niche as they are now, could possible be a substitute for an endgame, add much needed challenge and variety to the game and could give players that dislike farming but like the mechanics of the game something to enjoy. And for casual players, it could be a reason to come back every weekend. For eg. credits, rare warframe bps(Harrow chassis, Ivara chassis etc), kuva, endo, etc could be given out in trials. This way, higher level players would not have to resort to things like afk Ember to cheese lower level missions. 

What do you guys think and what other suggestions do you have? 

Edited by Polleo86

I would make them in a single big title, like the Plains OR a huge string of many titles when compared to the normal missions.

The biggest issue I have with the current Trials, aside from not being very accepting of new players on them, is the change from mission to mission. How many people we lose in the loading screen? How many times did we have to Alt+F4 for a chance to rejoin because there is a chance that if we get "Session Unavalible" we will not get the option to recconect to our team, losing all progress!

If we get a single, giant title, we could lose some people at the start, yes. But we can invite them back promply before we do the first mission of the Trial and should they load, they wont have the risk of crashing unless the host is that crappy.