Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bounties: Reduce Liberate & Vault timers

Delta3000

Every time I see a Liberate or Vault stage in a bounty, my heart sinks.  The timers are too long when factored into the rest of the bounty.

A reduction of the timers on each to 1:30 for Liberate, 2 for Vault is a start.

The majority of people I speak to agree that these 2 stages are what kills enthusiasm the most in bounties.  The time factor is compounded by how frantic the action is - it makes it feel even longer.

Here's my experience in the last 30mins:

Chasing F1 (bounty #4)

- Gates don't load twice in a row for group

- Go solo, first is Vault - instant quit

- Second solo try - Vault again - Alt + F4

For me, the enjoyment of WF has never been at such a low.

As I mentioned in some other thread,

I would suggest either lowering the time OR keeping the time as it is but allowing the amount of enemies killed decrease the timer which would mean the more efficient you are in protecting the target and pushing back the attack the shorter time it would take to hold the target. I mean to me at least it seems completely logical and would make these phases more tolerable. It would also promote the players skill and efficiency (though naturally you're gear is really important) in these phases and let you affect how long it takes to actually finish it.

1 hour ago, Delta3000 said:

Every time I see a Liberate or Vault stage in a bounty, my heart sinks.  The timers are too long when factored into the rest of the bounty.

A reduction of the timers on each to 1:30 for Liberate, 2 for Vault is a start.

The majority of people I speak to agree that these 2 stages are what kills enthusiasm the most in bounties.  The time factor is compounded by how frantic the action is - it makes it feel even longer.

While I agree they feel like an eternity, and go into every Tier 5 bounty knowing I'm going to get slapped with both, reducing the timer won't restore enthusiasm for bounties. Running bounties back to back to back to farm these, with endless parkour between stages, the cetus loading mechanics between bounties, the dialog again and again, and the events on the plains coming non stop is what killed my enthusiasm.  

When they were first introduced, and there was little reason to do each tier bounty more than once per day/night session as you only got standing on the first pass, it wasn't so tedious. But they've been beat to death these past months.

What I would support is if there was a way to shortcut a liberate or vault stage simliar to in Destiny how you can convert a public event into a heroic event.  Some mechanic where either killing enemies fast enough, or a miniboss that spawns at the start and hangs at the outskirts of the battle, or killing a certain number of incoming ships kills the enemies moral and through our actions we can make take some time off the clock.