Koumei & the Five Fates: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PoE Missions idea

(XBOX)LegionRapier61

So as much as I have been enjoying PoE it all feels kind of .... empty.  I feel like this is due to the fact that the only thing we encounter on the Plains are the Grineer, despite there being a sizable town and market very near by.  

So so my idea is that instead of or in addition too Lotus giving us task perhaps we could run in NPCs that give us dynamic missions.  For example; you are running, majestically, through the Plains, Toto’s Africa setting the stage for your adventure, when suddenly an Ostron runs up to you and ask for help; apparently they were part of a fishing party and they were ambushed by the Grineer and several of their friends have been taken hostage, you head to the quest marker to find a handful of recently... um... less alive Ostrons and your Ghos..Ordis tells you that he is picking up a signal from a near by cave system.  You go to investigate and by sneaking/kicking down the @(*()$ door screaming “Who’s your Sand-Daddy!” (Because you are obviously playing Inaros, best frame ever) and hacking a vault to determine the prisoner’s location!  SAVE THE PRISONERS.  Basically you could run a spy into a rescue into an exterminate and it would seem more engaging because it isn’t just Mama Lotus yelling at us to do the thing at the place with the mans.  

You could add varriations, like Corpus merchants being shot down, so the Tenno must retrieve lost cargo and take out the base responsible.  Maybe even something with the syndicates...

either ways its its an idea.