Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Zephyr's new Tailwind

EchoesOfRain

Decided to re-write this topic rather than just making an entirely new post...

So I've done a lot more testing and playing around with this Zephyr rework. She has a few issues on her other skills that need a bit of work, but right now I'm focusing on Tailwind

My first thoughts on Tailwind were formed in the plains of eidolon. I found Tailwind to be FANTASTIC for traversing the plains. Aiming Tailwind and consecutive uses of the skill are perfect, absolutely spot on. I noticed however, that there's no way to stop Tailwind...when I was in a bounty, any use of Tailwind just displaced me way too far. I become too much of a hindrance unless used for the hover.

Speaking of the hover, it's nice to have, especially in the plains, but there's just not enough room for control. Zephyr can't move at all while hovering and is limited to the peak of the Tailwind launch. This is horrible, and I mean horrible in indoor maps. 

The Hover isn't the only other bad part while indoors. Tailwind's mobility was made for the Plains. On other tilesets she's constantly jamming her face into walls, and already existing issue who's problems have been multiplied. 

I actually don't mind the removal of the basic launch while on the ground. With Tailwind being able to be aimed in any direction, Zephyr can just look up and cast Tailwind for the same effect

Suggestions

1. Remove the charge effect on hover, make Hover a simple hold-to-cast that doesn't need to charge up and has it's full duration, and allow some movement while hovering. This would easily allow us to use Hover from any height and would make it much more usable on any map
  2. When colliding into a surface with Tailwind, Zephyr should do a Divebomb AoE effect. This would cancel Tailwind's insane momentum and keep her from jamming into walls, floors, and ceilings. It would keep its fantastic travel capabilities in the plains as well as making travel through indoor tiles less of a headache
Edited by EchoesOfRain

This one has come up a lot and there's a split between this ability and having Zephyr transition into regular movement when she hits a surface.

Having her hit a wall and automatically wall cling or start wall hopping would allow you to immediatly start moving when you hit a surface which would also be a really nice change. Having her switch to running if she tailwinds into the ground would also remove those awkward face grinding moments.