Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Bring Back the old Dark Sector

NinjasPlay4Fun

After 2 years of waiting I am sad to have (even if only one copy) another type of mission as a form of competitiveness ..
Please could not you just make adjustments / balances in the old dark sector?

I see a lot of people saying that warframe is focused on PVE which is a great truth but that does not mean it does not have its competitive side
The Dark Sector conflict was proof of this, even with bugs and damage imbalances was the best things to do in the game, ie: when you got tired
of farma, accumulate power, etc ... when you wanted something more intense the only thing that kept me in the game was the dark sector.
nowadays I read a lot in the forum things like "this is a game focused on PVE, if you want pvp go look in another game" ...
And that's not what we want, we want to keep playing WARFRAME because I love this game, and there's nothing wrong with wanting something real competitive.
and now that we've experienced something as good as the old dark sector conflicts we do not want something that looks just another kind of PVE mission.

As well as being something the veterans could hold onto, such as being proud of the clan they built and having a solar track of their own, those who want it will have to fight as hard as I do ..

Some of my ideas are: first increasing the combat area of the dark sectors thus inserting more goals for the invading clan and
more defense resources for the clan which is in possession of the trail.

Put factions (eg, Corpus, infested and even unions) as cooperative NPCs both to aid in invasion and defense

maintain the "growth" pattern within the conflicts (which was to level up and gain ability for more and more mods ranging from warframe and weapons)
but make a small adjustment in damages

il y a 8 minutes, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

that does not mean it does not have its competitive side

The issue is that the old PvP dark sector had impact on the PvE side. (on top of being the least balanced garbage mod ever seen in a game)

il y a 8 minutes, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

and there's nothing wrong with wanting something real competitive.

Try to find competition in a non challenging game... It usually ends up being "who has the most free time to waste" (like that event in which we had to save defectors)

Edited by Trichouette

You're like most newcomers who come to the forum to comment on things you have not even tried in the game

il y a 41 minutes, Spartan336 a dit :

They're already replacing it with something that is, in my opinion, much cooler. And there was a reason they took it down in the first place. So no, I'm good with the Dark Sector we're getting. 

il y a 54 minutes, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

I read a lot in the forum things like "this is a game focused on PVE, if you want pvp go look in another game" ...
And that's not what we want, we want to keep playing WARFRAME because I love this game, and there's nothing wrong with wanting something real competitive.

il y a 46 minutes, Trichouette a dit :

Try to find competition in a non challenging game... It usually ends up being "who has the most free time to waste" (like that event in which we had to save defectors)

il y a 1 minute, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

You're like most newcomers who come to the forum to comment on things you have not even tried in the game

You don't have to react so negatively, and if DE removed it it's for good reasons, people hating it and the lack of balance are part of the reasons.

à l’instant, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

That is not an answer.

The main aspect of warframe is PvE. Having some PvP on the side is a possibility (which is conclave) but it shouldn't affect PvE.

il y a 1 minute, Trichouette a dit :

You don't have to react so negatively, and if DE removed it it's for good reasons, people hating it and the lack of balance are part of the reasons.

That is not an answer.

The main aspect of warframe is PvE. Having some PvP on the side is a possibility (which is conclave) but it shouldn't affect PvE.

I do not want to be negative, I just set out my opinion based on your comment

il y a 1 minute, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

I do not want to be negative, I just set out my opinion based on your comment

Sorry but "You're like most newcomers who come to the forum to comment on things you have not even tried in the game" sounds almost insulting.

Especially since the person you targeted with that comment is an older player than you, he probably knows what the old dark sector was.

il y a 5 minutes, Spartan336 a dit :

Look at my profile. Look at my time. See I've been here longer than you. 

You're definitely not here any longer than I am.

il y a 6 minutes, Trichouette a dit :

Sorry but "You're like most newcomers who come to the forum to comment on things you have not even tried in the game" sounds almost insulting.

Especially since the person you targeted with that comment is an older player than you, he probably knows what the old dark sector was.

but in any case respect the opinion of both and apologize if I looked aggressive

@OP Your main mistake is taking your own perspective as an absolute indicative of how a large portion of the player base thinks and how things should be. 

Besides hardly seeing anyone longing for the broken old dark sectors returning, demands for competitiveness/pvp-ish content is what finally got conclave implemented, and it's been half dead for a long time now, being mostly a very niche game mode. Apparently DE is trying to avoid these situations, making available content appealing to an audience as wide as it can be, hence the removal of trials.

Honestly, WF is a shoot and chill horde hack n slash at it's core - that's one of the main reasons for which these variants never quite feel alright. 

il y a 4 minutes, ArchPhaeton a dit :

Apparently DE is trying to avoid these situations, making available content appealing to an audience as wide as it can be,

Either this or forcing the content down your throat until you accept it...

il y a 9 minutes, NinjasPlay4Fun a dit :

You're definitely not here any longer than I am.

Again, look at his profile, he's been in warframe more than 1 year before you joined in.

It's highly likely that they've tried to balanced and fix Dark Sectors given the allotted time. DE has most likely not found a satisfactory result in the balancing area. The only choice then is to replace it with something new and better, and I believe they are doing just that. 

They didn't. They just did what bungie did to destiny. Catered to the new players. Most planets have (2) dark sector nodes. If memory serves there are 26 dark sector nodes. 

Ive unlocked my entire star chart and completed every mission and if i remember that right the mission count is over 300 not counting sorties, nightmares, trials, and syndicate missions. Every single DE event is PVE. So you pve only players get 98% of the game and those of us who have been around for a bit when we have been kicking down the same vents for darn near 5 years want something other than mindless slaughter of easy enemies and just want to enjoy rails again where we teamed up to defeat another team, clan, alliance. 

Trials were supposed to be hard....they are not. 

Sorties were supposed to be hard....they are not. 

The hardest mode in this game is PvP. There is no promise of victory even if you are using a moded controller. 

Edited by (XB1)Aeries Vendetta

And as much as they say "we already have the conclave as pvp", the conclave does not even compare to the rails and even with all inequality and clan that dominated some sectors for long dates, I did not care, I just wanted to get on a rail and play that That was the best thing this game had.